Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2018, 17:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Mahindra KUV100 Trip aimed at cab operators

According to a media report, Mahindra is gearing up to launch a new variant of the KUV100. It is likely to be called the KUV100 Trip and will be aimed at fleet operators.

The Mahindra KUV100 Trip aimed at cab operators-kuv100.jpg

The KUV100 Trip will reportedly be based on the pre-facelift version and will come in the base K2 trim. It will be offered in a 6-seat configuration however reports suggest that Mahindra might offer a 5-seater version in select Tier-1 cities. Further, the taxi version will get power steering and air-conditioning but won't get power windows. The KUV100 Trip will ride on steel wheels instead of alloys but ABS and EBD will be part of the standard package.

It has been reported that the KUV100 Trip will be offered with a petrol-CNG version powered by a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine with 82 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 115 Nm of torque @ 3,500-3600 rpm. The diesel variant will use a 1.2-litre engine which makes 77 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 190 Nm @ 1,750-2250 rpm. Both engines will be paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

The KUV100 Trip is likely to be offered in two colour options - white and silver and will compete with the Maruti Dzire Tour and Hyundai Xcent Prime.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 10:35   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The Mahindra KUV100 Trip aimed at cab operators

Do they need a separate version for cabbies? I think they need a separate version for private owners as most KUV100s I see in Bombay anyway belong to Uber & Ola .

I frequently get a KUV100 via Uber and frankly, I don't look forward to the drive at all. Flat rear bench, less headroom, poor outside visibility and rattly experience - whichever KUV100s I've seen with 60,000 - 70,000 km and over sure seem to have aged prematurely.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 10:58   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Do they need a separate version for cabbies? I think they need a separate version for private owners as most KUV100s I see in Bombay anyway belong to Uber & Ola .
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
On 2 recent trips to kolkata, most of the OLA Prime's that got allocated to me were Tata Zest's. I rode in close to, 15-18 different Zests and the remainder 2-3 bookings were for Dezires.
Sorry for going OT here.

It seems every city has a preference for cab models. I haven't seen any KUV cab in Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar or Indore, the cities I stay or frequent. Hyderabad has a sea of Dzire, Indica, Bolt, Zest, Etios and hardly any petrol/CNG models. Bhubaneswar has a lot of Beat D, Dzire and some petrol Eon, Altos.

Could this be because of deals given by local dealers for some models like Beat D or Bolt? I know for sure that the Chevy dealer in Bhubaneswar was maintaining a lot of inventory for Beats and might have had to liquidate them when the company closed its shop.
I am not including popular models like Dzire or WagonR for this discussion as they sell almost everywhere (I have spotted only 1 WagonR cab in Hyderabad till date).

Last edited by ashis89 : 7th March 2018 at 11:00.
Old 7th March 2018, 11:53   #4
BHPian

May be they are thinking that a six seater configuration could be beneficial for cabbies. Although I partly agree, the following may be of concern.

1. Reliability: Would a 3 cylinder mill be able to devour several lakhs on the odo without much maintenance and repairs costs ?

2. Fuel efficiency: For a cabby, reliable and consistent FE is important. The petrol KUV 100 in the past had suffered from low FE. I guess it was something related to badly designed AC. They later claimed to have overcome this problem.

3. Boot space: KUV 100 probably has one of the smallest boot space in the segment. For a cabby variant, M&M should probably consider an extended boot something like what MSIL did to Dzire Tour.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 7th March 2018 at 11:54. Reason: Spell check
Old 13th March 2018, 11:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra KUV100 Trip launched at Rs. 5.16 lakh

Mahindra has launched a new variant of the KUV100. The KUV100 Trip, as it is called, is aimed at fleet operators and is available in bi-fuel (petrol & CNG) and diesel engine options. The bi-fuel variant is priced at Rs. 5.16 lakh, while the diesel variant costs Rs. 5.42 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Mahindra KUV100 Trip aimed at cab operators-kuv100-trip.jpg

In terms of styling, the KUV100 Trip is based on the pre-facelift version of the compact SUV. It measures 3,675 mm in length, 1,705 mm in width and 1,635 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,385 mm and offers a ground clearance of 170 mm. The vehicle is offered in two colour options - Diamond White and Dazzling Silver.

The Trip comes with a dual-tone front bumper, sweptback headlights and black ORVM housings and door handles. On the inside, the KUV100 Trip gets a 6-seater configuration only.

The bi-fuel version is powered by a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine, which develops 82 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 115 Nm of torque @ 3,500-3600 rpm, while the diesel version comes with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder oil burner, which churns out 77 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 190 Nm @ 1,750-2250 rpm. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Mahindra is offering a 5-year extended warranty and AMC and finance options on the KUV100 Trip.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 13th March 2018 at 12:00.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks