Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2018, 18:07   #1411
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
How long did people had to wait for Mahindra's new vehicles ? They develop and release and get a good market.
Look at Tata, how long did they test Aria ? I think we even saw something in Arctic circle. Look at Hexa and now Harrier. They test as if they are going to give the ultimate in the world and then take so much time. With the waiting time, people expect it to have everything and then they dont even get basic things.
Well, first of all, you need to keep in mind that your comment is based on some rumor and not an official word from Tata. Even then, I am not sure what basic things you are pointing out.

I also would like to point out that there are people who prefer thoroughly tested vehicles to the ones with lot of niggles in the initial release.

I somehow can't fathom the emotion behind the past few posts. Gosh, I am so happy we are not judges, otherwise, we would have hung the accused even before a trial. Even if it turns out to be true, in my opinion, lack of 4x4 is not so much a problem as missing the automatic transmission. I doubt there will be many takers for the 4x4 version, esp. if it comes at a premium. And it's not like our roads are filled with cars of the top variant. It's been 5 months since Nexon's AMT version was released and I hardly see any XZA variants (most are XM) and I have seen the Hexa X*A only twice.

I have no doubt (from looking at Hexa's pricing) that Tata can provide both 4X4 and auto within 19L ex-showroom price, if they had to choose between the major car buying public and the few enthusiasts who want 4x4, it's obvious what their choice will be.
prakash_ajp is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 18:26   #1412
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Tata Motors need to be proactive. If one takes a look at the sales of Hexa, automatics have managed decent numbers. If one look at the bookings made for Harrier; atleast in our forum, many are interested in automatic. Also, the price point Harrier is about to target have people who will definitely look for an automatic.

Tata needs to understand clearly that... Automatics are no more a luxury. It has become a necessity for majority of urban drivers which is the target audience. The automatic market is ever growing. If not a 4WD, at least offer an automatic at the launch. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
keeprevving is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 18:47   #1413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post

I somehow can't fathom the emotion behind the past few posts. Gosh, I am so happy we are not judges, otherwise, we would have hung the accused even before a trial. Even if it turns out to be true, in my opinion, lack of 4x4 is not so much a problem as missing the automatic transmission. I doubt there will be many takers for the 4x4 version, esp. if it comes at a premium. And it's not like our roads are filled with cars of the top variant. It's been 5 months since Nexon's AMT version was released and I hardly see any XZA variants (most are XM) and I have seen the Hexa X*A only twice.
Almost all the Hexa that I see on the road (across cities) is a X*A model. Same goes for the any new Nexon or Tiago that I get to see on the road. Even I was surprised that there’s so much demand for automatics today.

I am a manual guy and will try to remain so as long as my body supports

Sorry for going OT.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 19:38   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Well, first of all, you need to keep in mind that your comment is based on some rumor and not an official word from Tata. Even then, I am not sure what basic things you are pointing out.

I also would like to point out that there are people who prefer thoroughly tested vehicles to the ones with lot of niggles in the initial release.

Welcome to today's internet! A lot people here jump into conclusions a lot easily without any hesitation.

I am sure Tata would know what the market needs and they would mostly likely cater to that. It is not very wise to conclude based on rumours.

This looks promising and I am excited about it.
puneeth2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 19:40   #1415
Distinguished - BHPian

We had so much positivity on this thread a week back and it's all negative at this point of time. In a way, I am happy TATA revealed the prices; they now know where they stand and what will the customer pay them. A flopped product would have erased a lot of cash and future prospects, now they have a better chance.

The ideal way to counter or even prevent such a thing is to get the head of product / marketing division to release statements as to which segment are they planning to address etc. That will ensure prospective customers don't start comparing the vehicle to everything in the world. Once that's set into the minds of all, they could have released the pricing and one would start seeing value (or not).

I guess TATA doesn't want to launch the Harrier above the 20L bracket on the first day itself and gradually want to bring in other variants over time based on the acceptance, which to me, makes sense. But yes, they should start putting all those efforts from now, to see the variant & transmission people want. The advance booking itself was a wrong move as there is no info to anyone but put down some cash to secure the slot. They should also mention what is lined up for future on Harrier (with almost accurate time frame), so those who love the vehicle, will wait for the right variant.

It's time they release some more interesting bits officially as to why would they expect someone to pay that kind of a cash Vs the competition. While, am positive on the product front, I guess TATA needs to build a lot more credibility at the top end of the spectrum. Hope they have some "cool" arrows at the time of launch.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th November 2018 at 19:43.
swiftnfurious is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 21:03   #1416
BHPian

Test mule spotted in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1541604780954.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1541604810083.jpg  

dzrebellz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 22:20   #1417
BHPian

I understand it's merely a rumour at this point in time, whether it will have 4x4 and AT at launch. From my point of view, if I don't get Diesel AT by February next year, I will look at my options as I can't continue with my current duster for a longer period of time. And to TATA's benefit I have clearly intimated my preference when received a call from Tata as to what are the most important features I am looking for in the car(read diesel AT). And I guess most of the people, who are in a negative mindset, after the recent rumour is in the same boat. They couldn't have called and asked what's the most important feature if they are not planning to provide it.
I guess they are planning their product roll out by unofficially leaking some information like price, 4x4, auto GB etc, and use this information to aid their theory of elimination.
Old 7th November 2018, 22:59   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Wow! What a lot of Tata bashing from auto enthusiasts/ keyboard warriors. Unbelievable!!

If we can't stomach that Tata won't launch the Harrier with an AT during launch, why are we crying about it? It's Tata's problem. Simply go buy a Creta or XUV and get some sleep. Gosh!

Last edited by k_ajay : 7th November 2018 at 23:07.
k_ajay is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 23:26   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Wow! What a lot of Tata bashing from auto enthusiasts/ keyboard warriors. Unbelievable!!

If we can't stomach that Tata won't launch the Harrier with an AT during launch, why are we crying about it? It's Tata's problem. Simply go buy a Creta or XUV and get some sleep. Gosh!
That's the problem. We enthusiasts don't want to buy Hyundai, Maruti or Mahindra. We like Tata cars but the problem is things come very late from their stable. Refer my other post about how they killed Nano and safari.

The point is this is a great Indian company making great cars at logical prices, just that right strategy for every model of Tata comes 3 to 5 years later after launch ��

It's not just going and buying Hyundai , we want Tata to succeed and live long in the Indian market, want this great Indian ethical company to be a leader in the auto market

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th November 2018 at 07:00. Reason: Please avoid dotted style of posting. Please go through the Posting Etiquette before proceeding further.
power ranger is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 00:54   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

Exactly my thoughts, somehow there's a critic for TATA in every corner who just wants an opportunity to find a caveat vis a vis there own preferences and opinions and forget the good things that a car has to offer/ is offering.

I am really happy the way TATA has been going recently and it is evident through the Tiago/Tigor success ( amidst Maruti tin cans attracting max. audience). Products like Nexon and the newly launched JTP's are really a great addition to TATA's arsenal where quality products are provided to people at affordable costs but STILL somehow we find out a reason to bash TATA for reasons unknown. Come on guys, lets for once be considerate for the efforts of this great company from our soil.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th November 2018 at 08:03. Reason: Typo.
NST440 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 06:54   #1421
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Exactly my thoughts, somehow there's a critic for TATA in every corner who just wants an opportunity to find a caveat vis a vis there own preferences and opinions and forget the good things that a car has to offer/ is offering.

I am really happy the way TATA has been going recently and it is evident through the Tiago/Tigor success ( amidst Maruti tin cans attracting max. audience). Come on guys, lets for once be considerate for the efforts of this great company from our soil.
Paying a booking amount 3 months before the expected launch of a vehicle and more so without even the most basic information available about it including how it looks, speaks volumes about people's admiration of Tata. I am sure it is definitely much more than just writing a post on this forum labelling everyone as a critic.

Everyone has been quite excited about this car and hence extremely disappointed by the rumors that Tata is not going to launch this vehicle with an AT box. All the talks of JLR DNA amount to zero, if you are not in sync with the changing times. AT boxes are a must have feature for a significant number of buyers these days. Ask Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota or anyone for that matter. A historically lazy company like Toyota India ( in terms of offering features) also offered an AT box in all variants of the Yaris. Tata itself would know the demand for its Nexon AMT variants ( so much that MSIL had to launch the Brezza AMT right away). With the Harrier, Tata has been aiming to break away from the shackles of the past. And largely it has received a very positive response. But with these rumors, it is simply losing the plot.

So since patriotism doesn't shift gears for me, I prefer an AT box in my car and would cancel the booking if it comes out to be true.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th November 2018 at 08:03. Reason: Typo, quoted post edited.
drmohitg is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 07:42   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Paying a booking amount 3 months before the expected launch of a vehicle and more so without even the most basic information available about it including how it looks, speaks volumes about people's admiration of Tata. I am sure it is definitely much more than just writing a post on this forum labelling everyone as a critique.
I have to say paying money to book a car that you have no idea about is as big a mistake as taking bookings without officially unveiling the vehicle. Besides, there were several posts criticizing Tata for never providing what people want, not exactly a show of admiration.

One needs to understand the situation Tata is in. They are launching a premium product and yet need to cater to the crowd seeking a value for money product. They have every reason to be wary of this strange and unreasonable demand. If it sounds reasonable, it's only because Tata are desperate for the image makeover.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 07:45   #1423
BANNED

Tata should launch Harrier AT from the start itself is what I read from some of the previous post. I think it’s more of a constructive criticism. As the market is shifting towards automatic, at least an AT model is the expectation. Here expectation is not met, hence the criticism. ‘Go buy a Hyundai’ feels like ‘Go to Pakistan’ comment which is very famous in India.

I don’t think even Tata would say ‘go to another manufacturer’ thing, as every company improvise based on the market demands. Who knows if they are actually reading these comments and thinking out loud on an AT. Feedbacks are natural, better beings take it and implement it if it makes sense. I don’t think patriotism should be a criteria while deciding on a product, a company is just like any other company. They are here to make profits, and they are more than happy if patriotism will fetch them money. So let’s leave patriotism here, I know it on a high for the last 4 years and a group is getting lot of returns by selling patriotism.

Last edited by pavi : 8th November 2018 at 07:51.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 07:46   #1424
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Moderator Note: Enough, guys! Now, let's can the debate and get back to discussing other aspects of the Harrier. Thank you.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 07:55   #1425
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Harrier to get 8.8-inch infotainment system supplied by Visteon.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1.jpg

Quote:
The company already supplies infotainment screens to various cars and SUVs sold internationally, like the Mazda CX-9 SUV and the Ford's super-duty trucks. Additionally, Tata Motors- owned JLR also uses Visteon's digital instrument cluster in the stylish Range Rover Velar SUV.
Quote:
audio duties on the Harrier will be carried out by Harman
Source:

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th November 2018 at 07:59.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks