Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2018, 15:11   #1246
NPX
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Black & bigger alloys have overshadowed the bulky headlight cluster. It's all Harrier needs to be a blockbuster.

Please TATA make alloys bigger & black. (for god's sake, don't offer them as accessory )
Old 31st October 2018, 15:27   #1247
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
Smoking-Out.. Everything which was making its Design Busy..
Got this!
Front with slim lights is a new design fad and to be honest I dont think the design is busy, it is infact contemporary. Until such time when we have technology that can fit a headlight that slim at a reasonable cost, having slims DRL's at the top which look like headlights and having headlights below is a pretty good compromise. I for one think this one is a looker and Tata should think about launching this one outside India. If Mahindra can sell XUV5OO, this one surely looks like a much better, contemporary product.
extreme_torque is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 15:31   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
I would wait for a year for Tata to take feedback from the customers and launch a sporty version of the Harrier with bigger black alloys, all black interiors, double barrell exhaust, roof rails, panaromic sunroof, smoked headlamps and contrasting ORVMs. This car looks so good that it deserves a sporty version.

In fact, Tata might already be working on it but they don't want to show that Harrier is a costly car so they are reserving it for the future. Similar to what Jeep did with the late launch of the Limited Plus.
Given that the Tiago and Tigor JTP versions have a few accessory items that will be sold through Tata motors showrooms, we might see them accessorize the Harrier surely. Its easy for their designing team to visualize and identify how good Harrier will look with those additional accessories.

Everything adds to the cost. So, if they sell these items additionally like Hyundai does for Creta , they will actually be selling their product at a much higher price than what we'll see in the ads. I really wish that they let us accessorize a few items for us.

Specific to roof rails, they might not sell it outside as drilling will be required and additionally, that will have to be done by their partners which for sure is a risk that they will not undertake.
So, for roof rails, as we see their assembly line photos were not having the roof rail, so don't think it'll be even sold by them but still we can get it from ARB or other vendors which can do this plus little more.

Last edited by manson : 31st October 2018 at 15:34. Reason: Typo.
Old 31st October 2018, 15:53   #1249
BHPian

The reaction of busy front reminds me of some cricket commentators. If the bowler keeps bowling the same line/length, they accuse him of being predicable. And if he keeps varying his line/length, then they accuse him of being inconsistent.

Similarly, it's always a balancing act between busy and bland/bulky. The question has always been, where does one draw the line? One thing to note, though: for a car that has it's headlamp unit placed so unconventionally, this looks handsome and the effort has to be appreciated. If a car like Nexon can sell, so can this. Besides, going by the same standards, one can call the XUV and Fortuner too having a busy front. So, considering that looks are subjective, there's bound to be some that don't like the looks. My guess is, most will happily take it if they can afford.

Now that Tata has pulled it off with respect to the appearance, I am eager to know more.

And just like that, Tata has given us lot to munch, much more than any other manufacturer, in the recent past.
prakash_ajp is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 16:09   #1250
Senior - BHPian

What are the color options on the harrier ? Can anyone photoshop the Arizona blue from the hexa on the harrier ?

Last edited by smsrini : 31st October 2018 at 16:10.
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 16:37   #1251
Distinguished - BHPian

One colour option right here:

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20181031wa0074.jpg
Credit - good friend DJ Bro

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st October 2018 at 16:51. Reason: added credits
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 16:59   #1252
Distinguished - BHPian

Renders of the Harrier in two bright colours from Indianautosblog. Love those alloys though

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierrenderinblue.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierrenderinred.jpg

http://https://www.cartoq.com/tata-h...right-colours/
SnS_12 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 17:01   #1253
BHPian

Mod's:
Blacken Alloys
Smoke Tinted Headlights
Blacken Grill

Now I feel, Its adding a much Stronger Character & Cleaner look to the Harrier!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-2way.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 18:44   #1254
BHPian

I believe Tata Motors will have couple of alloy design options as seen below.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1540991634018.jpg  

bageherath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 19:36   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
I believe Tata Motors will have couple of alloy design options as seen below.
Its the same alloy design which is spotted since day one of test mules. This is the same alloy design which is shown in the official pictures. They had colored it black to avoid knowing the alloy design in initial period, after the car came into its production form the silver was used.

Also heard it wont be getting sunroof, and same is spotted in the videos. On the other hand the video was shot months back to test the new manufacturing process.
amrutmhatre90 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 20:11   #1256
BHPian

Any thoughts on Power-to-Weight ratio?

Any thoughts or initial opinions by experts on Power-to-Weight ratio for the Harrier?
Its 'Kryotec' engine is thought to be a re-badged Fiat Multijet 2.0 and the initial quoted figures of 140 bhp appears to make it similar to the version in Suzuki S Cross.
That could mean max torque of about 320 Nm.
The Harrier has the LR Discovery Sport's floor-pan, which has a kerb weight of about 1750 kg. Tata stated that the aluminium parts have been replaced with steel in the interest of economy, which means a slight weight gain.

So with an estimated kerb weight of about 1800 kg and engine torque of about 320 Nm, it would appear to put the Harrier back in the league with the Safari.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 20:25   #1257
BANNED

Re: Any thoughts on Power-to-Weight ratio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Any thoughts or initial opinions by experts on Power-to-Weight ratio for the Harrier?
Its 'Kryotec' engine is thought to be a re-badged Fiat Multijet 2.0 and the initial quoted figures of 140 bhp appears to make it similar to the version in Suzuki S Cross.
That could mean max torque of about 320 Nm.
The Harrier has the LR Discovery Sport's floor-pan, which has a kerb weight of about 1750 kg. Tata stated that the aluminium parts have been replaced with steel in the interest of economy, which means a slight weight gain.

So with an estimated kerb weight of about 1800 kg and engine torque of about 320 Nm, it would appear to put the Harrier back in the league with the Safari.
Yes absolutely the Engine is the 2.0 Fiat multijet, the same block as the Jeep compass but in a lower state of tune. 140bhp/320nm vs 170/350

But the S cross had a 1.6 multijet with 120/320 and given the Lower displacement and higher boost, turbo lag was one of the complaints, which should not be so in the 2.0 engine.

As for the performance vs a safari, it is a monocoque vs the ladder frame of safari so even similar power would perform better in the harrier. It would be lesser than the discovery sport given we don't expect as much off road ability from this crossover. And that too sells with a 150/320nm engine as a base model which works well.
I believe the only reason Tata has sourced the Engine from fiat instead of its own is because their own 2.2 is probably not suited well to transverse mounting and use. And the JLR engines would be too expensive and probably not befitting the land Rover brand sharing powertrain directly with the Tata car.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 22:07   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely smashing design by Tata for the Harrier. Hands down the most menacing looking SUV in India today. Hope it rides and handles like the Duster. Tata was always good with the ride quality. Hope they got the handling part right too with JLR inputs. Wishing Tata all the very best for their efforts !
Old 31st October 2018, 23:31   #1259
BHPian

Mine might be an unpopular opinion. But I don’t really like the design. I was hoping for so much better. The front is busy and fat. The rear is yucky with the number plate placement. I absolutely adored this car. Hope I am absolutely wrong when I see it in flesh. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 31st October 2018, 23:53   #1260
Senior - BHPian

For some reason, I believe that the image released might be of the base version (I know, no one does that), with its plain jane headlamps and silver alloy wheels.

The top spec (I really hope this is true) will come with Black alloy wheels and headlamps with black surrounds (like the Indigo).

I know smoked headlamps won't provide that good illumination. The best I am hoping is, that the black surround headlamps won't have any chrome bits.

An example is below:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrier1.jpg  

ashutoshb is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks