Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2018, 19:26   #1201
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Wow! Looks stunning! Kudos to TATA for building such an amazing product.
I am impressed overall. I currently own a Duster. Might consider Harrier for my next upgrade provided top end variant doesn't exceed 20 Lakhs ( OTR, Bangalore )

Dislikes from the exterior so far:

1. No Sun Roof?!
2. No Roof Rails?!
3. Boring Alloys

Cheers,
RAHS
RAHS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 19:35   #1202
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwapnilNalavade View Post
How it compares with the Evoque, again received over WhatsApp

Attachment 1813295
Amazing comparison! Wonder who racked that up

Anyway, in my view, the Harrier will most probably go the Hexa route :- create a great first impression via automotive experts > launch a blitzkrieg media /PR drive - have good pricing to make the competition notice temporarily > have decent sales charts for first 6/8 months > stabilize product after that.

Tiago alloy issues aside, we have to give it to Tata to keep their promise of doling out un-Tata (legacy) cars.
Old 30th October 2018, 19:38   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
The Tata Harrier is HERE in INDIA.
So will the new Santa Fe It should be here in 2019, but it will be expensive though (35L+) It would be a competitor to the H7X.
Old 30th October 2018, 19:41   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
Wow! Looks stunning! Kudos to TATA for building such an amazing product.
I am impressed overall. I currently own a Duster. Might consider Harrier for my next upgrade provided top end variant doesn't exceed 20 Lakhs ( OTR, Bangalore )

Dislikes from the exterior so far:

1. No Sun Roof?!
2. No Roof Rails?!
3. Boring Alloys

Cheers,
RAHS
Approximate OTR price of top end Jeep Compass Limited Plus 4X4 touches INR 25L. Even the Limited 4X2 ex-showroom price is more than INR 20L.
The top end Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel touches 18-19L OTR in Bangalore.
Even if the Harrier is priced competitively, the OTR prices of the top end variant will go way above the INR 20L mark, unless they price it less than the Creta which is unlikely. Methinks it will be slotted between the Creta and the Compass.
Porschefire is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 19:43   #1205
BHPian

Commendable job TATA and all the best !! Overall, the design is really stunning, especially the side and rear profile. Front looks too busy in pics as many have already pointed it out but I would reserve my final comments on that until I see the vehicle in flesh.

I had a similar opinion about Toyota Yaris, the overdone front was a big turn off to me when I initially saw it in pics. However when I first saw the car in flesh at a traffic signal in Mumbai and subsequently many other times on the roads, the front profile didn't appear that bad at all.

Last edited by vivek95 : 30th October 2018 at 19:45.
Old 30th October 2018, 19:50   #1206
BHPian

kinda feels more like "RangeRover Evoque" with lights on..

But I'm Sure, In Real its "Discovery Sport" proportions will be a Eye Candy!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-123.jpg  

Last edited by kalleo4 : 30th October 2018 at 20:02.
kalleo4 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 20:02   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. EDIT: Named Tata Harrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
First Tata Harrier rolls off the production line, officially revealed.

Really as close to the concept vehicle.:Clap:

The design is really stunning, it would easily pass of as a Range Rover if badged.

Really hoping now that the fit and finish is really good and niggles kept to a minimum. Noticed the beige interiors. Wish it would have been all black.

The only problem with the design are the headlights. Seem to be really low down. Keep some spare money in hand as they are likely to be abused on busy roads with two wheelers and autos squeezing their way through.

The panel gaps are really tight, except for the tailgate. Understandable as there would be difference in sheet metal.

A refined engine, good gearboxes and an aggressive launch price will land Tata a winner.

Looks like the Harrier has all that it takes to be the new D segment( SUV) champion.

For all the good news and the right publicity (JTP and Harrier) that Tata had in the last one week was really spoilt by the Dur (se) alloy marketing ploy.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 30th October 2018 at 20:17.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 20:18   #1208
BHPian

Why such an early roll out when deliveries are not for the next couple of months atleast? Won't it mean that even the earliest buyers will be getting a car a couple of months old?
superbad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 20:58   #1209
Senior - BHPian

What a looker! I think it looks fantastic! My bet is that it would fabulous in white! I think its one of the best looking cars in India at the moment. And it will connect with the Indian customer, its got that stance and SUV look spot on and it does look big and imposing.

If you look at the Tucson today, you would notice that the looks are a bit subdued and it almost masks its size. The Jeep Compass does the opposite, it looks imposing, but its actually smaller than the Tucson.

So the Harrier has that balance right. Looks proportionate, no unwanted creases or over ambitious curves etc. just right. Well done Tata! Long road ahead for the Harrier, but first step we'll taken!
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 20:59   #1210
BHPian

In the headlamp cluster, I wonder what the smaller reflector towards the inside of the cluster, next to the projector, is. The larger outside reflector is obviously the highbeam. Could this be a cornering lamp? Would be a good addition if that is indeed what it is.

It may just be the indicator lamp though if that is not integrated with the DRLs. The indicators should however not be located so far from the edge of the vehicle.

Last edited by Strangerintown : 30th October 2018 at 21:01.
Old 30th October 2018, 21:23   #1211
Distinguished - BHPian

I love the sides and rear, but am totally baffled about the front design. The whole headlamp/fog lamp cluster seems to look out of place. Reminded me of the Pontiac Aztec.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-pontiacaztec2.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-pontiacaztec.jpg  

4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 21:54   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I love the sides and rear, but am totally baffled about the front design. The whole headlamp/fog lamp cluster seems to look out of place. Reminded me of the Pontiac Aztec.
that's harsh. No way the harrier looks like an aztec. The aztec was ridiculous and huge. The panels on the aztec were all misaligned. And aztec had a weak engine.
lurker is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 21:56   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Media drive is going to be in Jodhpur-Rajastan
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 21:57   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I suspect the Tata design team may have a thing or two to say about that particular comparison . I did not think it was possible to even think of the Harrier as a point of comparison to the Aztek - probably one of the ugliest things to ever grace the roads! As far as similarities go, I can go as far as to say that both have four wheels. Would struggle to go any further.
Strangerintown is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 22:11   #1215
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwapnilNalavade View Post
How it compares with the Evoque, again received over WhatsApp

Attachment 1813295
Just the colour!

Its NOT the evoque but other models from the JLR family that have probably contributed to the design. All looks well - would have loved larger and darker rims may be. Lets see how she looks in 1st week of December @ Jodhpur
BunnyPunia is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed