Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 09:43   #466
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How does one do it ? While some models ( across brands) are popular with the cabbie crowd, I dont think there has been any model in India that is not used as a taxi
Quote:
That limitation is only for a limited period after launch of a car. Beyond that, the restrictions dont apply.
Well beyond the initial period probably not offering fleet discounts?

I read in a thread on this for that a fleet operator fro Pune who had a lot of Tata vehicles did not renew his contract due to this.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 09:43   #467
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
That limitation is only for a limited period after launch of a car. Beyond that, the restrictions dont apply.
Don't know about that. But I have never seen a Tiago/Tigor/Nexon/Hexa with a Yellow number plate. Have you?
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 12:55   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
A small clarification (with your permission Rahul Rao) is needed here I felt. Automotive diesels all come under the category of high speed diesel engines .
Thanks for the correction.

Quote:
Diesel engine speeds are categorized under three headings -

a) Slow speed engines (from roughly 50 rpm to about 250 rpm) which are today used mainly as marine propulsion engines (as well as some shore-based power generators) and are usually 2-stroke in nature, with outputs ranging from about 1500 kw to 30,000 kw and even higher. They also have bore/stroke ratios upto 1: 4.3125 (bore=800 mm / stroke=3450 mm)
b) Medium speed engines , from roughly 500 rpm to 2000+ rpm and THESE are typically used as power generators on board, locomotive diesels and large earthmoving equipment.
c) High speed engines from app. 2500 rpm upto 5000+ rpm and these are principally used in automotive applications.
You are correct in this classification, as of date, some of the truck and bus engines have shifted to under 2000RPM redline, with almost 40% longer stroke as compared to the bore. Volvo 9.4 Lit and 12 Lit for example.
These slower engines are actually giving better emission results with lesser electronic control.

Quote:
A bore/stroke ratio of 0.885 (as quoted) is a mildly under-square design (bore smaller than stroke) as are almost all automotive diesels.
It is and should be so, the reduced stroke engines like M&M 2 Lit, and VW 1.5 Lit have a slightly poorer specific effeciency, but a wider peak effeciency band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Don't know about that. But I have never seen a Tiago/Tigor/Nexon/Hexa with a Yellow number plate. Have you?
Hexa cabs are visible atleast in Pune, in my opinion the first 2 are too small to be cabs, and Nexon may not be able to attract the rate as compaired to the investment .

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 9th August 2018 at 13:04.
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 13:07   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Hexa cabs are visible atleast in Pune, in my opinion the first 2 are too small to be cabs, and Nexon may not be able to attract the rate as compaired to the investment .
Yes, Nexon also. While Tiago is small, Tigors should be around.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 13:52   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen a few Hexas with yellow plates.
While I have not seen the others with yellow plates, I do not know if it makes sense to have a Tigor/ Nexon as a cab. But hey, there are Xcents running around as cabs.
And if Uber can pass off an Indigo as Uber Premier, then
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 17:20   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion the first 2 (Tiago/Tigor) are too small to be cabs, and Nexon may not be able to attract the rate as compaired to the investment .
Well Suzuki Alto's are run as Cabs.. therefore Size can't be the factor.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 09:43   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the correction.You are correct in this classification, as of date, some of the truck and bus engines have shifted to under 2000RPM redline, with almost 40% longer stroke as compared to the bore. Volvo 9.4 Lit and 12 Lit for example.
These slower engines are actually giving better emission results with lesser electronic control.
It is and should be so, the reduced stroke engines like M&M 2 Lit, and VW 1.5 Lit have a slightly poorer specific effeciency, but a wider peak effeciency band.
Rahul
Fuel efficiency & emissions compliance are relatively recent compulsions/preoccupations as far as development of engine dimensioning is concerned. These have traditionally used first principles & finite element tools for stress analysis & dimensioning to get maximum performance out of the engine.

Optimum compromise between maximum torque (= longer stroke) & maximum power (=maximum rpm= shorter stroke) for a given bore, is the goal . And since engine rpm is a limiter for high speed diesel engines (even when employing common rail electronics) due to reasons mentioned earlier, the longer stroke capitalized on getting maximum torque out of an engine.

The other limiting factor was keeping within stress limits for the engine scantlings. T/charging with reduced compression ratios were used to stay within stress limits while raising the MEP thus getting higher av. torque.

Last edited by shashanka : 10th August 2018 at 09:44.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 14:42   #473
Senior - BHPian

Saw newly born Tata Harrier today. Dont ask me where. Trust me, the suv looks exactly similar to the concept. The H7X or 7 seater version of Harrier is not yet out for a test. From all these days we have been seeing 5 seater versions only. The seven seater is little boxy from behind yet unique and beautiful.
tushky is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 15:22   #474
Senior - BHPian

Some details of Tata Harrier i managed to get through sources.

• Trial Production is to start at the end of this year, Mostly November Last Week.
  • Company has already set up two fabrication lines in its Pune plant to accommodate the upcoming Tata Harrier SUV and the Tata X451 Premium Hatchback.
  • Some modifications have been made to the plant to accommodate the Harrier SUV.
  • Harrier is expected to be launched in 5 Seater guise first. 7 Seater will also made in same plant, but it'll be bit different compared to 5 Seater which is exactly like Concept. 7 Seater will arrive at later stage.
  • Launch is expected in January/February 2019.
  • This assembly line will be Automated around 70-80%.
  • 2WD & 4WD will be available. 4WD will be a new one developed specifically for Harrier.
  • Tata is also expected to launch Petrol Harrier at later stage. At launch only Diesel (2.0 Multijet) will be available, with choice of 6 Speed Manual / 6 Speed Automatic.
  • 7 Seater has been developed keeping in mind 3rd Row Comfort. Most SUVs don't have Comfortable 3rd Row. Either they are too narrow(Seat Width) or high(Floor Area).
  • While the 3rd Row in Harrier 7 Seater won't be as comfortable as 2nd Row, Tata has made changes to Windows & Railings of 2nd row in order to make 3rd row spacious.
  • 7 Seater will be longer and will have larger wheelbase then 5 Seater.
  • Expect some fancy stuff like Blinds for 3rd row, proper Rear AC Coil, Electric Folding Seats, Removable seats to make it's way in 7 Seater exclusively.

More details will be shared here as I get to know them.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 11th August 2018 at 15:25.
CarguyNish is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 15:39   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Some details of Tata Harrier i managed to get through sources.

• 7 Seater has been developed keeping in mind 3rd Row Comfort. Most SUVs don't have Comfortable 3rd Row. Either they are too narrow(Seat Width) or high(Floor Area).
  • While the 3rd Row in Harrier 7 Seater won't be as comfortable as 2nd Row, Tata has made changes to Windows & Railings of 2nd row in order to make 3rd row spacious.
  • 7 Seater will be longer and will have larger wheelbase then 5 Seater.
  • Expect some fancy stuff like Blinds for 3rd row, proper Rear AC Coil, Electric Folding Seats, Removable seats to make it's way in 7 Seater exclusively.

More details will be shared here as I get to know them.
Do you have any insight that suggests the 3rd row seating in H7X will be either below the comfort and space of Hexa or at par or better ?
TORQUE_AANJANEY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 16:21   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUE_AANJANEY View Post
Do you have any insight that suggests the 3rd row seating in H7X will be either below the comfort and space of Hexa or at par or better ?
I have seen the design and i feel that the 3rd row space is at par to hexa if not better. The boxyness of 3rd quarter window is little similar to Mercedes GLS.
tushky is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 16:23   #477
BHPian

One car i am genuinely excited about. I am know most of it is my head but on level i expecting some kind of a creative force of a machine that will shake up the market. Come on Tata!
Elito11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 17:06   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
SRK has come up with an updated rendering of the front end, based on the latest images from SneakyFunk.
The overall design is so refreshing. Reminds me of the time, when Renault Duster was launched and it just stumped with it's contours.

In my opinion, placing headlights below shall make much more sense due to adoption of LED headlights. The LED Hi/Low beams in present cars are pretty menacing to my eyes ( Even from City ZX ), and i guess keeping them lower shall improve overall visibility.
sharktale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 10:07   #479
BHPian

New spy shot made from the exclusive Team BHP spy shots.

Looks dope

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-2019tataharriersuvundisguiseddigitally.jpg  

mayanksabharwal is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 10:27   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Saw newly born Tata Harrier today. Dont ask me where. Trust me, the suv looks exactly similar to the concept. The H7X or 7 seater version of Harrier is not yet out for a test. From all these days we have been seeing 5 seater versions only. The seven seater is little boxy from behind yet unique and beautiful.
I am disappointed yet again that Tata seems to be ignoring the 7 seater completely. Wonder what is their strategy. If they have not even started testing it does it mean we need to wait another 2 years?
nainan is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks