Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2019, 18:01   #3436
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Finally, in the 1st week of March, we heard from Tata that the Harrier demo is ready for us. We'll be calling for it only after the XUV300 review is complete. With official reviews, its FIFO (first-in, first-out).
Did they get scared with your XUV300 initial feedback? And wanted to ensure they send a perfect car!?
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 22:28   #3437
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

I think that the reason for Tata to hurry into production had nothing to do with the Engineering or Marketing or even the Indian Market. It has everything to do with the Geneva Motor Show 2019. If you look up some of the videos from the show related to Tata motors, you will find Guenter Karl Butschek stressing the fact that it took them only one year from concept (shown at at Geneva 2018) to production. Aka Telling the world " We Are Here And Ready To Compete!". They need to convince prospective partners (E.g European dealership owners) that they are a quality player that can and are coming out with new global products and are by no means slow at doing so. This was at best a 'we told you last year we could do it and here it is now!".

If looked at in this perspective I feel it is understandable why they did it, but still not completely cool that they did!
budgam.boonyi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 14:10   #3438
BHPian

Harrier in display with the Vivo IPL trophy
at South City Mall, Kolkata

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190316143559_twitter.jpg

Visitors stand a chance to win match tickets.

https://t.co/Y1v93Bgdve
JS Kwt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 19:06   #3439
BHPian

Tata Harrier is making smart moves. Now product placement in a Punjabi music video of a popular singer. Usually the Punjabi songs use high end supercars or expensive cars to show off, but Harrier doesn't look out of place somehow, and looks the part.
Off topic, didn't like the song much. Could have been better coming from these content creators.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 19:18   #3440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
The most intriguing thing about this picture is the fact that no one is interested in looking at the Trophy but their is a crowd checking out the car

This tells us a lot about the appeal of the Harrier I guess! Defeating the popularity of cricket in India is a next-to-impossible task!

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 00:09   #3441
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
The most intriguing thing about this picture is the fact that no one is interested in looking at the Trophy but their is a crowd checking out the car
In India Cricket is always above every thing else

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190318005022_twitter.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190318002316_twitter.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190318002107_twitter.jpg

Tata Motors Tweets
https://t.co/TFPOlp6vwZ
https://t.co/KhxNidbynl

Last edited by JS Kwt : 18th March 2019 at 00:22.
JS Kwt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 01:23   #3442
BHPian

I checked out the Harrier at the Geneva Motor show and was shocked.
But pleasantly. The car looked like a Freelander at first glance and has some great styling, inside out. I found the interior quality to be quite mediocre but wow, this car is so desirable and well executed that I had a hard time believing that it competes with Creta.
Doge is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 08:18   #3443
BHPian

While having a quick chat with the sales personnel he indicated that 60% of the bookings made has been for the white color irrespective of the variant. Well, it does seem like the harrier looks its best in white while the colors subdue a lot of its design elements. My first preference was the grey which later switched to white. I'd like to know what colors others would choose/haven chosen for their harrier
soji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 12:00   #3444
BHPian

I saw a Harrier yesterday for the first time on the road.

It was White and had extremely good road presence. It merged into my lane and was in between me and an Audi Q5 and trust me my eyes kept wandering towards the Harrier

Although I'm not in the market for such a large car, I will surely go and test drive the Harrier soon.
Shreyas_H is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 12:54   #3445
BHPian

Harrier, Buzzard, Altroz built to achieve 5 Star Safety ratings in Global NCAP Crash test

Tata Motors vows to build cars Not just to attain 5-star rating as per Global NCAP standards but even exceed the country's minimum safety rating requirement prescribed in India's new safety norms.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190318132109_chrome.jpg
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190318131612_chrome.jpg
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190318132002_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Speaking on the sidelines of 89th Geneva Motor Show, Guenter Butschek, MD of Tata Motors said, "If there is a star, I would like to have five of them on safety. That is the new normal for vehicles at Tata Motors."

Not only these new generation models based on modern modular architectures will be able to meet the offset frontal crash regulations that will be enforced from October of 2019, but the new generation vehicles will be equipped with active and passive safety features that include, Electronic Stability Program, airbags, seatbelt reminders, child Isofix seats, reverse parking camera amongst host of other features that are usually seen in higher-priced cars.

The company will also be upgrading its legacy XO (Indica and Indigo) and X1 (Nexon) architectures to meet the new safety norms and they too would aim to deliver 5-star rating, assured the company.

Butschek said Tata Motors of the future will set the benchmarks on design, safety, electrification and different mobility concepts to wean away buyers from its nearest rivals Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai or Mahindra.
Economic Times
Rushlane
JS Kwt is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 13:31   #3446
BHPian

Checked out the Harrier during the weekend. Went to actually take a Testdrive of Hexa. But took Harrier for a short spin. The Harrier TD vehicle had around 5000kms on the odo whereas the Hexa XTA was around 20000kms. The salesperson was a really nice fellow. Unlike the usual sales targeted person, he was quite knowledgeable, and did not just focus on making us buy the car. Since the Testdrive on the Harrier was very short, below are my observations with respect to Hexa.

1. I found the interior quality to be okay. Not bad unless I want to nit-pick. The armrest is much better than the Hexa, there are enough cubby holes and space to keep your stuff. On the other hand, in Hexa, I was finding it difficult to find a place to keep my phone.
2. Clutch, like everybody mentioned is super light. There was ample amount of torque right from you release the clutch and was quite easy to drive in the traffic.
3. But, I find the seating position to be not as good as the Hexa. Maybe because I'm 5'7'', but I find the driving position in Hexa to be so much better. Found the Hexa to be easy to manoeuvre through the traffic and through narrow roads. The ORVMs are really scary. There can easily be a rickshaw/ two wheeler hidden in the blindspot. You always have to double check to make sure. Even the salesperson told me the same that they are also finding it difficult. I kind of had better road visibility and higher confidence while driving the Hexa.
4. Dad found the rear seats of Harrier to be better than the bench seats of Hexa. I guess Harrier has softer seats than Hexa.
5. Steering wheel is larger and much heavier in the Hexa and the overall leather wrapped steering feels premium in the Harrier.
6. There is a video playback functionality in the Hexa’s infotainment system while the car is not moving, which I found to be good. Harman units in both the cars are really good. Did not get a chance to try the new 7" unit in Hexa.

Since we insisted on automatic variant, the salesperson advised us to wait till Harrier Automatic before making a final decision on Hexa XTA. What I found interesting is that, he never insisted on making the booking at present. Told him we will take another detailed drive later. The overall dealer experience was surprisingly good.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 10:33   #3447
BHPian

7 seater Harrier will be called CASSINI

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190319105705_chrome.jpg

Source
JS Kwt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 12:21   #3448
Senior - BHPian

Finally, Tata has put out a worthy brochure to depict Harrier. The first one was lame and seemed like half hearted. I wonder why Tata keeps on making such marketing blunders.

But better late than never.

Edit :

I just noticed that "Electrically Adjustable Outer Mirrors" have been moved up to XM variant and now not available in base XE variant. Was earlier one just a typo error or has Tata started the Feature deletion exercise with Harrier as well ??

Also, on spec sheet Architecture description has been changed to "derived from Land Rover’s D8 Platform" from earlier "derived from Land Rover’s D8 Architecture". Surely this means no difference in real world.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Launch time -Tata_Harrier_Brochure.pdf (1.70 MB, 389 views)
File Type: pdf New - Tata_Harrier_Brochure.pdf (2.09 MB, 1099 views)

Last edited by AutoNoob : 19th March 2019 at 12:21. Reason: Noticed change in feature listing
AutoNoob is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 13:16   #3449
BHPian

Tata Harrier to launch in Dual Tone
Tata Motors responded to customer feedback

In recent times, we have seen quite a few cosmetic enhancements done on Harrier at dealer level. Some dealerships are willing to go the extra mile to fulfil the specific needs and preferences of customers.
Most recent customization done by owner of a brand new Harrier, at a local 3M store, was later tweeted to Tata Motors and their Design Head, Pratap Bose via Twitter.
Quote:
“@BosePratap sir and @TataMotors you may definitely wana consider offering dual tone #TataHarrier. This is what my #Petta looks after a roof wrap from @3mcarcareindia. Personally, i think the awesomeness went further higher. @ClubHarrier”.
Pratap Bose retweeted the photos and the update with the caption “Super cool”, while
Tata Motors official twitter handle responded – “Hi Jai, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We’ve shared it with the relevant team for further consideration.”

This officially confirms that Tata Motors is planning on launching dual tone colour options with the Harrier.
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190320133033_twitter.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190320132940_twitter.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190320133000_twitter.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190320133629_chrome.jpg

Source
https://t.co/eHufbOQ4cW

Last edited by JS Kwt : 20th March 2019 at 13:22.
JS Kwt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 14:35   #3450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Tata Harrier to launch in Dual Tone
Tata Motors responded to customer feedback

In recent times, we have seen quite a few cosmetic enhancements done on Harrier at dealer level. Some dealerships are willing to go the extra mile to fulfil the specific needs and preferences of customers.
Most recent customization done by owner of a brand new Harrier, at a local 3M store, was later tweeted to Tata Motors and their Design Head, Pratap Bose via Twitter.

Source
https://t.co/eHufbOQ4cW
In my humble opinion, just a "We have shared your feedback with relevant team" reply on Twitter cannot be construed as confirmation of dual tone launch.

Rushlane are being a bit too speculative here
AkMar is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks