Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2019, 12:44   #3271
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Even after three weeks of launch, I haven't seen a single Harrier on Bangalore roads yet, except for the distant view of one at a dealer in Hebbal. I keep checking with Concorde motors, which is close to my office, but they keep saying they are yet to get a TD vehicle. I have HARRIER in mind, BTW! But, seeing the number of issues in the production version, I prefer to wait for a few months.

Hope TATA sorts out issues soon. Else, they will lose the momentum they gained initially.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th February 2019 at 15:03. Reason: Removing additional spacing
Old 12th February 2019, 13:47   #3272
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
2. Logistics charges of 9500/-
If it's any consolation, they want this 9.5k logistics/handling charge on a 7-lakh entry level Nexon as well. Haven't checked Tiago pricelist, but maybe present for that too.

Maybe drop a note to TML about it? With a link to the handling charge scam thread?

That said, I wonder how is TML allowing it's dealers to charge/have this on the pricelist when a lot of state govts/courts have already ruled against levying this charge?

Or is this another one of their "brilliant" ideas to balance out the competitively priced products? Other being the "feature-deletion-after-launch".

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th February 2019 at 15:03. Reason: Removing additional spacing
Old 12th February 2019, 14:22   #3273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteddriver View Post
Even after three weeks of launch, I haven't seen a single Harrier on Bangalore roads yet,
KHT Motors, Whitefiled is having and they ve TD as well.

Went to check Nexon over the weekend, so not keen in TD'ing Harrier. Car looks massive and space inside is also huge. OTR bglr for top variant comes ~20L.
PS:- Saw Tiago JTP parked in front of showroom as well.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 19:09   #3274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I am not sure what you mean by this.
As CD has mentioned a few posts above, the Harrier has already been launched officially on 23rd Jan and even the deliveries have started.
Sorry for the confusion. While I am aware of the launch, I was referring to the following post:
Quote:
The SA who has now become a good friend of mine said that TATA is taking bookings but it will take another two and a half months before Harrier really starts flying off the shelf and refrained me to wait out this time. By the time Tata is done taking customer and dealer feedback about various issues and sorting them out. So I thought.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 22:44   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Even after three weeks of launch, I haven't seen a single Harrier on Bangalore roads yet, except for the distant view of one at a dealer in Hebbal.
On a lighter note, may be thats because people are hesitant to buy a non-AT vehicle to drive in BLR

On a serious note, this is very surprising. When Compass came out, I was able to spot multiple cars (bought by folks, and not display/test drive cars) on road. Given the frenzy that was built around Harrier's launch, it is surprising that I haven't spotted any cars on road. May be not all bookings getting converted to sales?

Last edited by LordSharan : 12th February 2019 at 22:50.
LordSharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 11:21   #3276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
On a lighter note, may be thats because people are hesitant to buy a non-AT vehicle to drive in BLR
Totally agree! Me too, having following this thread for sometime now, haven't yet pulled myself to the showroom to have a look at the vehicle, coz there is no AT and sunroof offered for now.

On another note with respect to the fit and finish (Quality niggles), given the fact the Team-BHP haven't yet got their hands on Harrier, proves that the issues exists. Surprising that Tata hasn't made any effort to publicly indicate (some clues), that they are going to address these issues to offer a quality SUV worth ~20L+. The platform and design all seem to be great, but if the vehicle isn't put together well, it's a failure in my opinion.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 12:20   #3277
BHPian

Quote:
Even after three weeks of launch, I haven't seen a single Harrier on Bangalore roads yet
Probably, TATA is working on resolving issues/feedback from media drive. this car is more important than Hexa, it has to be better than Hexa. I am very positive on transformation of Tata motors, this became even more strong after visit to Tata Motors R&D facility where I saw harrier being tested last year.
veyron-w16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 14:05   #3278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Surprising that Tata hasn't made any effort to publicly indicate (some clues), that they are going to address these issues to offer a quality SUV worth ~20L+
I don't think that'll happen. Publicly indicating such things would indicate that they themselves accept that such issues exist. For example, The Ford EcoSport has an issue with its 17" high profile tyres in its top variant, separate thread exists in Team BHP on the same and multiple owners have reported it. But Ford has chosen to replace said tyres free of cost to whoever faced it but never admitted to such issue and neither issued any mass recalls. And tyre issues are more dangerous than some fit and finish issue. So Tata would never admit to that.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 18:05   #3279
BHPian

Quote:

On a serious note, this is very surprising. When Compass came out, I was able to spot multiple cars (bought by folks, and not display/test drive cars) on road. Given the frenzy that was built around Harrier's launch, it is surprising that I haven't spotted any cars on road. May be not all bookings getting converted to sales?

Yes. My query exactly. In Punjab, a new vehicle is on road so soon but yet I am to spot a Harrier. Tata doesn't seem to have good rep here. Very few Tata cars plying on roads. Seen just two Hexas and 3-4 Tiagos. On the contrary I have personally seen more that ten Jaguars and quite a few Land Rovers here. They seem to be the more popular Tatas here. (Pun intended).

But I think herein lies the problem for Tata motors. And that problem is the perception of the brand and image. The Japanese launched their foolproof vehicles first after studying the market carefully and those ideas were destined to succeed and they did. It's not plug and play. Indica was a success because it sort of garnered new hopes and there was practically no competition. Xuv top opened up a new segment and whatever the niggles Mahindra went to iron them out. I still like it. (Note to mods- if possible please tell us about the new plush Xuv and how it fares for better or worse).
Later when Swift and in monocoque SUVs Creta, Ecosport and Brezza came, people tasted quality and reliability and mind you - quality and reliability are like blood; once you have tasted it there is no going back whatever be the price you pay.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th February 2019 at 18:46. Reason: Post fixed. Typos.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 20:36   #3280
BHPian

Quote:

That's pretty surprising. I have seen a couple on the road already. Infact, one orange Harrier was delivered to someone in my society on the day of launch itself!

When you see the percentage of Compass buyers who opt for the Petrol+AT option, you will realize that there is still quite a lot of potential for MTs in this segment too!

Also like someone pointed out, Tata may just not have the production capacity as of now and have underestimated the sales figures. Quite a Tata thing I would say since this also happened during the Tiago launch.

Cheers!

Last edited by porsche_guy : 13th February 2019 at 20:38. Reason: Grammar
Old 13th February 2019, 21:32   #3281
Senior - BHPian

I passed by Concorde showroom on OMR Chennai last 3 days, there is a Harrier parked inside the showroom, but could not see a single customer. Looks like public is not fascinated by Harrier. I will try to check it tomorrow and see those finishing issues are there in the display vehicle.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 23:49   #3282
BHPian

According to the local dealer, Tata has sent out an official email that customers are to be quoted an average waiting period of 18-22 weeks for the XE variant and 15-18 weeks for the other variants.
I pre-booked in early November and confirmed my variant and colour choice on the same day the dealer asked. However, I have yet to receive any update on my delivery. In fact, I am made to understand that there have been only two deliveries in Ahmedabad till date.

Looks like there hasn't been enough production to match the initial demand or they probably underestimated the initial demand.

Last edited by arethusa : 14th February 2019 at 00:03.
arethusa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 11:35   #3283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
Probably, TATA is working on resolving issues/feedback from media drive. this car is more important than Hexa, it has to be better than Hexa.
I'm not sure about that. In every way Tata themselves have positioned Harrier in between Hexa and Nexon. Model feature wise as well as price wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
I am very positive on transformation of Tata motors.
Me too.

Rahul
Old 14th February 2019, 13:09   #3284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
When you see the percentage of Compass buyers who opt for the Petrol+AT option, you will realize that there is still quite a lot of potential for MTs in this segment too!
It would be foolish to assume that the AT would supersede the demand for MT in the SUV segment as of now. But it definitely has gained a lot of market share with each year. The Compass AT is a poor example. The Petrol Compass has a lot of shortcomings right from that puny engine. The poor FE of the AT Petrol combined with few reported issues with the AT box would ensure that not many people opt for it. Also only recently the AT was offered in the top trim with all the bells and whistles. The need of the hour is AT Diesel at least in the fuel guzzling big SUVs. Again Jeep might end up killing the Diesel AT by pricing it insanely close to the 30L + vehicles.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 13:46   #3285
Senior - BHPian

Spotted one today in a close range. Orange Harrier was behind a black Endeavour and Harrier appeared a clear size or two smaller. Harrier appears somewhat similar in dimension to the XUV500, the latter actually looks slightly bigger(May be the height?).
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks