Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2019, 08:09   #2551
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
How's that relevant to what we are discussing now? What are you trying to convey?
OT, but just giving you an example that 20L is a lot of money, and cars have problems in this price range. This one, being a concerning one when the engine head needs to be worked on.

Never mind, still OT.
parrys is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 10:41   #2552
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Three factors are mandatory now:

1. Real pictures of the car in another color—say red.
2. Official ex showroom rates.
3. The teamBHP review.
asingh1977 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 11:46   #2553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutlander View Post
OT: And Tata Motors Limited, I beg you, implore you, plead you, beseech you - please show us another shade of the Harrier. The orange overdose is now giving me conjunctivitis.
What’s with this Orange obsession by the two desi manufacturers Royal Enfield and TML? I wonder if there is a discount on this paint shade.

On the other hand, I won’t mind it if TML shocks us with their pricing like Enfield did with the 650s. They can paint the town Orange together.
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 12:06   #2554
Senior - BHPian

XUV started the Orange trend, picked up by Tata on Tiago and lent to Nexon. The idea struck Hyundai territory and splashed on Creta as well. Celerio picked it up next. So all the manufacturers are currenty hung up on this colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
What’s with this Orange obsession by the two desi manufacturers Royal Enfield and TML? I wonder if there is a discount on this paint shade.

On the other hand, I won’t mind it if TML shocks us with their pricing like Enfield did with the 650s. They can paint the town Orange together.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 12:24   #2555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
What’s with this Orange obsession by the two desi manufacturers Royal Enfield and TML?
Orange is the new Black

Personally not a big fan of the color, it doesn’t look not so bad on the Harrier though.
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 12:35   #2556
BHPian

Source

Even as it gears up to launch the much-awaited Harrier on January 23, it’s an open secret that Tata Motors is concurrently readying a seven-seat version of the Harrier. But now, it’s official - the company has confirmed the news, and also mentioned a timeframe for the launch of this bigger variant of the Harrier.

Speaking to Autocar India, Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD, Tata Motors, said the seven-seat Harrier will be part of a “firework of launches in calendar year 2019”.

How cool is that???
ihrishi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 12:37   #2557
BHPian

IMO, Creta doesn't look good in Red colour. I believe that shade doesn't suit well to any SUV. I hope, red colour will suit Harrier.
p.s. Jeep Compass looks awesome in red.
RedStallion is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 13:02   #2558

Now that's some news - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...in-2019-411061

I don't understand TML strategy here - are they trying to lure customers or shoo away customers by announcing that 7 seater version (7H) with 170 HP and 6 speed AT is for 2019? I don't know, but if I were one of those who booked 5 seater Harrier (5H), it would make me - what should I do - wait for 7H or go ahead with 5H? What if the price difference between 7H and 5H is not more than 2/3 lacs - I get more power (30 hp more I believe), optional seating capacity, and most importantly a 6 speed AT.

TML folks - please help me understand
Shrek123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 13:22   #2559
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek123 View Post
I don't understand TML strategy here
I believe they are trying to project both these vehicles are two different products of the same platform.

If I were in your shoes, I would rather evaluate my needs first! If I need a 5 seater - No use waiting for a bigger car, If I need an AT - I have no choice other than waiting anyways, and if I need a 7 seater - I could either buy a Hexa and save a lot of money, or wait up for another year till the H7X hits the market.

PS: Isn't it better to know about choices upfront? What if you had known about the 7 seater launch just a couple of days after taking delivery of the 5 seater?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th January 2019 at 13:25.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 13:32   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Meanwhile, the Tata Hexa has been recalled for a engine head replacement.

To each, his own...
PEACE!
I understood your eagerness and excitement in pointing out issues in the Harrier but please don't be too eager to jump on the Hexa! Its clear enough what your intentions are to bring up the hexa's topic here. While most of the regional managers are puzzled as to who gave the order for the recall and its still a rumor, you spreading it this way in unrelated threads is totally uncool!
Let us wait for confirmation. Even if it does turn out to be true, wouldn't it be OT specifying it here?

Regarding non availability of harrier in other colours, am beginning to think if its related to production constraints? Just like how they tried pushing top variants of Hexa because of long waiting times for other variants. Whatever the reason, this obsession with the orange shade may start working against their marketing objectives. This is the time to bring out the other colour options.
abhi7013 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 13:42   #2561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
The guy in the video who you've referred to, is me.
A quick search on the forum could possibly help you have a better opinion. Just like you were entitled to an opinion about the car, and about me; it was the same for me.
Buddy, you are free to express your opinion. However if you are expressing it on the YouTube channel then please point out valid observations.

1) If you are not satisfied with the design of a dashboard then thats your point of view. Thats not Tatas fault.

2) if there are stains on roof then how come tata is culprit here, many cars come with white color roofliner. It is the fault of a person with dirty hands.

3) The 2nd row cabin light assembly opens like that in every car.

4) The pannel gap and the bottom side of a door
Is not a mistake. It is on purpose. There are some design or engineering limitations. Even Hyundai creta and S Cross have bigger gaps and the bottom.

It is okay to point out negatives, however point out genuine negatives which creates problems in daily usage of a car.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190109_132021.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190109_132053.jpg  

tushky is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 14:20   #2562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Buddy, you are free to express your opinion. However if you are expressing it on the YouTube channel then please point out valid observations.

1) If you are not satisfied with the design of a dashboard then thats your point of view. Thats not Tatas fault.

2) if there are stains on roof then how come tata is culprit here, many cars come with white color roofliner. It is the fault of a person with dirty hands.

3) The 2nd row cabin light assembly opens like that in every car.

4) The pannel gap and the bottom side of a door
Is not a mistake. It is on purpose. There are some design or engineering limitations. Even Hyundai creta and S Cross have bigger gaps and the bottom.

It is okay to point out negatives, however point out genuine negatives which creates problems in daily usage of a car.
- Torn roof liners is not a genuine negative?
- Software hiccups, which need hard booting is not a daily problem?
- On a single day, if we touch and feel a few materials on cars costing ~20 lakh OTR, is it not important to be at least on par?
- The light assembly also needs to feel in a way to your touch, the way the plastics click, not a genuine problem?
- Same parts used in a sub-6 lakh rupee car, and in a car close to 2 million rupees is acceptable?

I liked how the car looks.
I liked how it drives.
I appreciate all the effort put in development.
I repeat, the Harrier is a good car, great effort, but needs minor issues to be fixed, so it can be perfect. What's wrong in wishful thinking?

But if I have to put in my hard earned money, or anyone in that case, isn't it justified to not have these issues?

Of course, these might have been pre-production units.

Don't all brands have media drives a month ahead of the launch, then take pointers on what should improve, then go back to the manufacturing level and rectify smaller and significant stuff? I am sure they do.

My question to all the gurus lashing out, no hard feelings, but will you spend close to 2 million rupees and live with these issues?
parrys is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 14:20   #2563
BHPian

Even before Harrier getting launched competition reaching its door step. today MG revealed name as Hector and launch as Mid 2019. Looks like pricing and features are very critical to survive in this market. if we go buy media reports, MG adding all the bells and whistles like sun roof, AT features to Hector.
csanthosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 14:40   #2564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Source

Even as it gears up to launch the much-awaited Harrier on January 23, it’s an open secret that Tata Motors is concurrently readying a seven-seat version of the Harrier. But now, it’s official - the company has confirmed the news, and also mentioned a timeframe for the launch of this bigger variant of the Harrier.

Speaking to Autocar India, Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD, Tata Motors, said the seven-seat Harrier will be part of a “firework of launches in calendar year 2019”.

How cool is that???
You made my day. This double whammy of the 5&7 seater is what I believe will help Tata address a larger band of customers, enable cross selling and shake up the entire SUV lineup. Given that this band only has the aging XUV as competition a true blue 7 seater SUV has huge potential. Now I just wish they call it the Safari which will help distinguish the value proposition vis a vis a Hexa, be an upgrade option to all Safari drivers as well as those looking for an upgrade from 5 seaters like the Eco/Duster/Creta and build on its exquisite pedigree and brand name.

I am cross-posting this into the 7 seaters dedicated thread too.
nainan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 15:40   #2565
BHPian

This 7 seater news leaves people like me in a conundrum! Was inclined towards the Hexa after seeing the Harrier, but if they plan to launch the 7 seater in this calendar year, then I might postpone the car booking till this variant is launched. I just hope that they provide an AWD - Manual variant in the 7 seater

The Harrier is a great product, but if the prices that they have hinted are anything to go by, the Hexa does make more sense. My only worry with the Hexa is the product lifecycle though, as the platform + engine combination might not survive beyond 2020 in its current avatar and might need changes to meet the emission norms (please correct me if I am wrong here).

Last edited by AdiSolEn : 9th January 2019 at 15:43.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks