Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2018, 19:16   #2416
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Has anyone cancelled the booking and got a refund yet? Care to elaborate the procedure?
Old 25th December 2018, 19:50   #2417
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Has anyone cancelled the booking and got a refund yet? Care to elaborate the procedure?
I think it was mentioned recently in the thread - send mail to customer care for cancellation. It was also mentioned on the Tata Harrier tweets on Twitter
condor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 10:15   #2418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No cancellation that I know yet, but a friend changed over to Hexa when he realized that AT was not available at launch.
Just a letter explaining why was enough, and the amount was adjusted against the Hexa which was a Nov 18 manufactured vehicle.
The dealers was also ready to only invoice now, and register in 2019 (Only Nov & Dec VIN nos), or give additional discount for Oct Vin vehicles.

Rahul

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th December 2018 at 11:03. Reason: Editing extra spacing
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 11:03   #2419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The effort by Tata Motors deserves another fair chance IMO.
This is definitely a good attempt by Tata. However the positioning is the issue IMHO. All that talk of premium and pedigree has created an expectation. If they had just launched it as a ground up engineered Tata product highlighting JLR involvement for what they have contributed the expectation would have been better managed.

The Bangalore event had a cake show next door and all Tata vehicles were on display as you enter. Walking along them was like going into a Tata showroom and I could not help thinking that the Harrier naturally looks to be the missing piece between the Nexon and the Hexa when my brother remarked that the (he's not into following the car scene) Harrier is good but a Hexa makes more sense.

I just hope that the 7 seater apart from looking good like the Harrier also makes sense in what it provides.

Meanwhile I chanced upon this:-

Why a used Toyota Fortuner tempts me more than a new Tata Harrier or a Jeep Compass
nainan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 11:11   #2420
BHPian

Since we're on the topic of SUVs and pseudo SUVs, I wonder those who go for so called pseudo SUVs would rather go for the jeep keeping in mind the brand vs the Harrier? Given that jeep obviously has a pedigree that TATA doesn't have, I'd assume a jeep makes more sense to that crowd.
About cancellations, I'm out of town so haven't proceeded with mine but I know of a few on the whatsapp group of potentials I'm on. One has to send in an email requesting cancellation and a cancelled cheque to the dealer. The assigned RM should be able to tell you that.
Old 26th December 2018, 11:21   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
I have sent them the cancellation email along with the required documents (PAN, AADHAR, Cancelled cheque & Application) on 8th December. They said that the refund will be processed in 10-15 working days. I haven't yet received the refund
Blue_Pearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 11:26   #2422
Senior - BHPian

With due respects to the article quoted - I can confidently say the Harrier will grab eyeballs like nothing else. In the first year - one will be inundated with all kinds of enquiries, be it at the signals or at workshops (I faced this with Nexon). You will feel like a celeb!

Fortuner is a known devil and this won't happen. Besides, I firmly believe 'It's me...I make the car, not the other way around'. My personality should speak, not my clothes or ride!

In the automotive world, dependability is a hit or miss. If he is going for a used Fortuner, there are chances the previous owner let it go due to issues. So it is a big gamble! Let the new baby come, and give it some time so we can confidently say if it can be written off or if it holds its own. Hexa, to me, is an MUV - whereas Harrier looks like a soft SUV. I'd choose Harrier over Hexa!

I was at the Bangalore event and even I was really shocked that Tata chose to display the Harrier at a cake event. This was 'first viewing' for the public. I thought they were committing hara-kiri. Then I asked the presenter regarding this and he replies that 'a dealer had this bright idea' and it's his show'! That put things in perspective, but I hope the damage isn't done already. I was expecting an 'exclusive preview', something that would befit a 2 million car. I wonder if Tata Motors is as confident about this car as I am, right now? (Above opinions are purely mine )

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
The Bangalore event had a cake show next door and all Tata vehicles were on display as you enter.

Last edited by Sebring : 26th December 2018 at 11:29.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 11:47   #2423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
With due respects to the article quoted - I can confidently say the Harrier will grab eyeballs like nothing else. In the first year - one will be inundated with all kinds of enquiries, be it at the signals or at workshops (I faced this with Nexon). You will feel like a celeb!

Fortuner is a known devil and this won't happen. Besides, I firmly believe 'It's me...I make the car, not the other way around'. My personality should speak, not my clothes or ride!

In the automotive world, dependability is a hit or miss. If he is going for a used Fortuner, there are chances the previous owner let it go due to issues. So it is a big gamble! Let the new baby come, and give it some time so we can confidently say if it can be written off or if it holds its own. Hexa, to me, is an MUV - whereas Harrier looks like a soft SUV. I'd choose Harrier over Hexa!
Its for a thin / narrow customer profile. Like mine. Harrier is a stunning SUV no doubt but the lack of 4x4 for example is a big shortcoming for adventure seekers. As for a reliable used Fortuner, here in Delhi, a lot of rich kids like to change their SUVs every few years and hence the wide range of Fortuners available in the market :-D

Last edited by GTO : 26th December 2018 at 17:03. Reason: Please write your opinion only, and not on behalf of your website
BunnyPunia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 11:59   #2424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Let the new baby come, and give it some time so we can confidently say if it can be written off or if it holds its own.
Agreed but the too loud campaign has raised expectations and comparisons, so has the leaked pricing. Both of these might turn out to be counterproductive. I am not a fan of the Fortuner otherwise would have got one a few years back.

Quote:
Hexa, to me, is an MUV - whereas Harrier looks like a soft SUV. I'd choose Harrier over Hexa!
The Hexa does not look as appealing to me yes and that's why I did not buy one though it made a lot of sense. The Harrier looks the part but I need something bigger with 2 more seats and at least what the Hexa offers. Hence I am hoping in the 7 seater will be that vehicle which looks the part and makes sense too.

Quote:
I was at the Bangalore event and even I was really shocked that Tata chose to display the Harrier at a cake event. This was 'first viewing' for the public. I thought they were committing hara-kiri.
So was I. The whole venue looked very shabby and no presence from Tata looked like a half hearted attempt. The real premium bits like the Visteon screens were turned off citing crowds. I was surprised they could have easily had a video of the MID and the infotainment screen and perhaps something playing on the sound systems at least to showcase those.
Old 26th December 2018, 12:11   #2425
Senior - BHPian

Some more observations:

Closer look at the leather texture. It doesn't have the typical leather grains but rather like a painted (spray paint) surface. Looks less premium in my opinion (I could be wrong and that's how probably Nappa leather looks like )
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-seat-texture.jpg
For some reason, the ends of the grill slots take a angle and don't follow the flow of lines. I also feel that the those honeycombs are too big.
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-endofgrill.jpg
This part of the grill has very flimsy looking vertical ribs
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-flimsyframe.jpg
I see many cars with lot of scratches on the corners. Such drivers need to be carful with this car as the headlamps are on the same plane/surface as the bumper and they are not recessed in.
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-headlamps.jpg
This part of the grill also feels very delicate. Pedestrian safety norms? May not be intentional.
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-lowerpartofgrill.jpg
Why can't manufacturers's conceal such details?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-exposedmetals.jpg  

Last edited by Guna : 26th December 2018 at 12:13.
Guna is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 12:31   #2426
Senior - BHPian

You're right. The texture doesn't feel like genuine Nappa (If that's what they're claiming). Could be synthetic, as real soft-feel Nappa will cost a lakh! I have genuine Nappa on my current ride in Dubai, and it's miles apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
leather texture doesn't have the typical leather grains
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_6221.jpg  

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th December 2018 at 11:05. Reason: Editing for extra spaces
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 12:37   #2427
Distinguished - BHPian

Guna ? These are very small things which can be just left alone if you look at the larger picture (Harrier as a product)

It seems you are auditioning to become a Official Team-BHP reviewer
karan561 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 12:53   #2428
BHPian

Longer Official Harrier Video
Old 26th December 2018, 12:59   #2429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Guna ? These are very small things which can be just left alone if you look at the larger picture (Harrier as a product)

It seems you are auditioning to become a Official Team-BHP reviewer
Not really . Just that I tend to look really close (and my background as a designer). I believe it is these small things (along with the good basics) which will eventually put the Harrier in the league of the Tuscons and CRVs of the world (which is what it 'dimensionally' equals).

Last edited by Guna : 26th December 2018 at 13:12.
Guna is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 13:12   #2430
Senior - BHPian

Harrier has been the subject of a lot of discussion. The Launch is almost a month away. Peope have complained about the lack of an Auto Transmission (approx 30% of sales these days), lack of Sunroof, lack of a 4WD.

Well Auto transmission is getting increasingly popular and it is a matter of time before Tata Motors launches it. Sunroof and AWD can also come later. the largest selling Softroader ( that is what the Harrier is) the Creta, does not have an AWD years after it has been launched. 4WD/ AWD is a tiny fraction of Safari, Scorpio, Compass and Hexa sales. The 4 WD composition is somewhat better in case of the Fortuner and the Endeavour. However, these are very different vehicles and the Harrier is not competing with them. I believe the Harrier will do well if Tata prices it right. There are a lot of people using Scorpios, Cretas and Sedans who are looking for an upgrade. If you look at the Rs.15-20 lakh bracket, there are not too many options available in the market.

I believe the Harrier is aimed at that segment. This will be Tata Motors opening shot which will address roughly 70 % of this audience. The 7 seater, the 4WD/AWD, the Auto transmission will follow shortly. As it is Tata will take 2-3 quarters to fulfill the order backlog it has built up.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th December 2018 at 16:19. Reason: Please only use spaces AFTER punctuation marks, not before. Thanks
rajneeesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks