Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2018, 23:41   #2041
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Just received a mail from Tata today stating that they are attaching the variant and colour scheme brochure to help me decide the variant and convey it to them. To my surprise the attachment file only contains Email IDS of some 3800 odd people arranged alphabetically. Is it possible that Tata is moronish enough to goof up like this and send me the wrong file. Also have only 3800 odd people done the prebooking?

Edit: Its a CSV file. And I could even find my email ID in the list. I suspect that they have made a blunder here.
Jesus. That's a big screw up.

Like I said, I knew when I got the call from the dealer few days back to book, they didn't get too many pre bookings. I just hope this ends well for Tata.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 23:43   #2042
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Just received a mail from Tata today stating that they are attaching the variant and colour scheme brochure to help me decide the variant and convey it to them. To my surprise the attachment file only contains Email IDS of some 3800 odd people arranged alphabetically. Is it possible that Tata is moronish enough to goof up like this and send me the wrong file. Also have only 3800 odd people done the prebooking?

Edit: Its a CSV file. And I could even find my email ID in the list. I suspect that they have made a blunder here.
I received a similar mail. Strange such a goof up can happen. Might be a blunder commited by the agency handling their digital portfolio. Whatever it is, it is a big blunder.
Pranava VS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 23:55   #2043
BHPian

Quote:

I did not receive such an email, although I have done booking. I did receive an email with Harrier brochure attached in PDF format. So, may be that CSV file was for a particular group of pre-bookings - may be a particular area/city.
Old 6th December 2018, 00:09   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhu_Bengaluru View Post
The autobox to be used in Harrier is already known, it is a 6 speed auto being sourced from Hyundai. But it was mentioned by some auto magazine (think it was ACI) that there were some procurement delays due to which they are not launching it right now. If you go a few pages back in this thread you would see the mention of the same.
It’s probably to avoid sticker shock - they must still be having nightmares about the pricing of the Aria with AWD and all bells and whistles - it created the impression of an overpriced product. And that Aria is today’s Hexa in a smarter suit, and doing half decent numbers which it could easily have overcome if it weren’t for the market failure of the original product.

Just as people initially look at base pricing when they consider a product, the market tends to look at top variant pricing for reasons why NOT to buy it.

I think it’s a sane move not to launch the AWD and AT now, given the minuscule number who actually opt for AWD and the slightly larger numbers who buy an AT. Whatever be the segment, India is still a VFM market - the moment an AT is announced there will be grumbling about lower FE numbers and why one should stick to MT. This is a market where some Altos have drivers doing the hard work - an AT would be considered only for a self drive vehicle, and even then with some trepidation about Fuel Economy. The Hexa has a brilliant Auto Box, probably the best other than a DSG without DSG related problems - it would be interesting to see how many buy that superb AT version.

I think TML has learnt from experience and played it right this time. Sure there will be some enthusiasts who plan to drive in-city and therefore cancel/postpone their bookings. But that is not the profile of the market - they are outliers, so it makes sense that they launch an AT after the vehicle has established itself in the market first.

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th December 2018 at 00:20.
Steeroid is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 00:14   #2045
BHPian

Quote:

On 4th Dec I have received that email. My email id is also listed in CSV file. Also received another email with pdf. Pdf has all details of variant. There is nothing new in pdf. Variant and features details are readily available.

So in all around 3712 booking(as per CSV file) for Harrier.

Last edited by kalpurja : 6th December 2018 at 00:22. Reason: edit
kalpurja is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 02:46   #2046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you find a hirenmistry there then it is indeed the customer file. Also 3800 booking, kinda low ain't it? How many pre-bookings that the Compass receive?
Old 6th December 2018, 06:19   #2047
BHPian

Quote:

This looks like the work of an inexperienced person !!

My Tata source was telling me that Tata has planned for a yearly sales of 50-60K. If this 3800 is the size of order book (hope i am wrong) after Tata has put on its best show relating to a new car launch yet, I wonder what will happen to their production plans now? Somebody must be having sleepless nights already
Old 6th December 2018, 07:15   #2048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
If you find a hirenmistry there then it is indeed the customer file. Also 3800 booking, kinda low ain't it? How many pre-bookings that the Compass receive?
3 Hirens on that list: Hiren Sharma, Hiren Bhatt and Hiren Sheth.

But I could find my own Email ID on the list. It is possible that the list is zone wise and hence few names are missing. But so much for data protection!

Tata somehow finds news ways of goof ups. And this just adds to the overall perception levels.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 07:17   #2049
BHPian

If the 3700 pre-bookings are true, I think I will say thats pretty good for Tata. Consider this, 3700 odd bookings for a Tata car with a declared cost of 16-21 lakh, and without anyone even seeing the car in flesh ! As apparent in a lot of threads in the forum itself, people still have apprehensions, a lot of misplaced, some not, on a Tata car. This in a forum whose members can be considered to be among the more informed ones !
coldice4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 07:29   #2050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
If the 3700 pre-bookings are true, I think I will say thats pretty good for Tata. Consider this, 3700 odd bookings for a Tata car with a declared cost of 16-21 lakh, and without anyone even seeing the car in flesh ! As apparent in a lot of threads in the forum itself, people still have apprehensions, a lot of misplaced, some not, on a Tata car. This in a forum whose members can be considered to be among the more informed ones !
I feel there is a difference in the prebookings converting into bookings for a Maruti/Hyundai vs Tata. The Harrier was an interesting concept and its the season of SUVs in our market today. All that Land rover talk, the drastically different exterior design and definitely the recent launches from there brand, combined with a fully refundable booking, I would say 3700 is not that great a number either.

And if we go by trends on the forum, since the media drives started, I see most posts on this thread saying they will cancel owing to lack of AT than posts saying looking forward to select the variant. Of-course I am only considering the posts where members have indicated that they have already pre-booked the car.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 07:39   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
I feel there is a difference in the prebookings converting into bookings for a Maruti/Hyundai vs Tata. The Harrier was an interesting concept and its the season of SUVs in our market today. All that Land rover talk, the drastically different exterior design and definitely the recent launches from there brand, combined with a fully refundable booking, I would say 3700 is not that great a number either.

And if we go by trends on the forum, since the media drives started, I see most posts on this thread saying they will cancel owing to lack of AT than posts saying looking forward to select the variant. Of-course I am only considering the posts where members have indicated that they have already pre-booked the car.
I dont think the conversion talk is correct. Since the pre booking required a deposit amount, only hardcore Tata/Harrier fans or people who are not averse to buying something non Maruti/Hyundai/Toyota would have put down the amount. I wouldnt expect Maruti/Hyundai loyalists to put down money on a TATA car that they have not seen!

And as you had indicated, everything about the Harrier has only been talk and pictures. I think the lot who pre booked did not even have pictures of the final production version. I think that says a lot.

Also cancellations will happen once people realise that some features they expected isnt there (AWD, sunroof, AT etc). But again there will be new customers coming in too, once they see whats available and whats not and more importantly at what price !
coldice4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 07:45   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
3 Hirens on that list: Hiren Sharma, Hiren Bhatt and Hiren Sheth.

But I could find my own Email ID on the list. It is possible that the list is zone wise and hence few names are missing. But so much for data protection!

Tata somehow finds news ways of goof ups. And this just adds to the overall perception levels.
Customer data is a confidential matter for any organization, its a big goof up by the person handling this.
As a responsible auto enthusiast I would suggest you to intimate higher ups in Tata, through twitter may be.

As far as pre-booking number are concerned, if names of BHPiens in the list are all from Delhi, it most likely is Delhi zone list.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 08:45   #2053
Senior - BHPian

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. EDIT: Named Tata Harrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
As per an instagram story of a journalist driving the harrier, I noticed that it too has the annoying 80kmph single beep. So it would be safe to assume it also has the 120kmph beep. Thanks annoying stupid Indian govt.

Just putting it here to inform the buyers and prevent the nasty surprise.

All new launches since the Ciaz have this beep now incorporated. Unless some one comes out with a juggad to remove this beep, I guess we have to live with this.

Good for the marketing teams. Easy way to justify a 120/140 Bhp engine over the 180 Bhp ones. Why would you need 180 Bhp if you can only do 120 kmph before you are forced to slow down with a continuous irritating beep?

Even the new Mercedes AMG cars have this beep now.:

So how fast can your new Santro go? As same as your swanky SLK can. :

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 6th December 2018 at 08:49.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 08:55   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post

Even the new Mercedes AMG cars have this beep now.:

So how fast can your new Santro go? As same as your swanky SLK can. :
So, is one able to set cruise control above 80 kmph then? If yes, then isn't that a violation of the "safety" feature?

80 is too low IMO. Most highways are perfectly safe to drive on at about 100. What are they thinking?
rovingeye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 08:55   #2055
BHPian

As per the conversation going on this thread since past few pages on the AT version, I would like to add something. I own a Safari Storme and members here who own Hexa, Safari, Nexon can tell their experience regarding the clutch of todays TATA cars. The clutch is very light compared to any other brand in this segment. The main issue in todays traffic is regular application of clutch but if the clutch is light then one can live with it.
This problem is mostly in Tier 1 cities and if you see Tier 2,3 cities where TATA brand is preffered, people wont mind a MT. People who are looking for an AT can wait for few months as it is in pipeline as we saw a test mule with AT in the past.
Prateek19 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks