Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2018, 12:02   #2011
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Would be good to hear from the media drives as to whether TATA has gone the Maruti way and implemented speed sensing beeps above 80 KMPH and 120 KMPH. They may have yielded to the Transport department requests on this silly measure as an "Indian" auto company to lead the way along with Maruti. Absence of Auto and AWD were disappointing but I thought of holding on to my booking nevertheless (given the Janata Land Rover proposition), however, if the beeps are there, I am surely canceling my booking.
Old 5th December 2018, 12:24   #2012
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Request any photoshop experts to please put the Hexa's Arizona Blue color on the Harrier. Want to see how this car looks with that color!

For some reasons, there's no blue available as an option.
Old 5th December 2018, 12:35   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My 2 cents on the lack of AT at launch and the effect it has on a buyer ( myself in this case). When we booked the Harrier in October, there was no real need of a new car. But we saw the teasers and based on the recent launches from Tata - Nexon, Tiago, Tigor, Hexa, combined with the lure of a great launch price, we decided to book the car ......
Fully agree with your comments being in similar situation. Looks like, will have to wait for Huyndai Carlino, Kicks & KIA SP launches before taking a final call. Size of Harrier will also have parking issues in most of housing complexes and as well on roads...
Old 5th December 2018, 12:38   #2014
BHPian

Just came across a news snippet talking about discounts on the Innova. https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-inno...-12289841.html

Considering the Touring Sport retails at 20.95L in Pune for the Diesel Automatic and reducing 1L for the discount, it seems like a lovely value for money product. Heck, it even has a brilliant shade of Red!!

My life just got even more confusing :( I wish Tata would clear the air on the Harrier and H7X and make my decision easier.

Last edited by ihrishi : 5th December 2018 at 12:39.
ihrishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 12:53   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Just came across a news snippet talking about discounts on the Innova. https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-inno...-12289841.html

Considering the Touring Sport retails at 20.95L in Pune for the Diesel Automatic and reducing 1L for the discount, it seems like a lovely value for money product. Heck, it even has a brilliant shade of Red!!

My life just got even more confusing :( I wish Tata would clear the air on the Harrier and H7X and make my decision easier.
20.95 On road? Are you sure? Here in Bangalore touring sport retails at 29-30lacs on-road. Also the discount seem to be a bit off. Cartoq mentions cash disount of 45K and rest are either accessories/ exchange bonus related.

https://www.cartoq.com/toyota-innova...ner-discounts/
Old 5th December 2018, 13:00   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
20.95 On road? Are you sure? Here in Bangalore touring sport retails at 29-30lacs on-road. Also the discount seem to be a bit off. Cartoq mentions cash disount of 45K and rest are either accessories/ exchange bonus related.

https://www.cartoq.com/toyota-innova...ner-discounts/
Even I felt the same. The Touring Sport for 20.95L plus discounts would be a burgle, not even a steal.

But if the OP is looking for a 7 seater on an immediate basis, I think he can consider either the Hexa or the Touring Sport. The H7X would be launched much later.
Old 5th December 2018, 13:24   #2017
BHPian

Blame it on My OCD!

> I keep Wondering why did TATA kinda Overdone on its Harrier front-end, why couldn't they worked on a Calmer & Bolder Face. (keeping its closer to its Concept H5X)

*p.s. excuse the roughly done PS job.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-77a-1aaa4.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-77a-2.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 13:25   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Even I felt the same. The Touring Sport for 20.95L plus discounts would be a burgle, not even a steal.
I stand corrected. Re-checked on a different site. The price is much higher.
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 14:01   #2019
BHPian

Great discussion and great insight... my take is Tata wants to shake up the market with a shocker pricing, hence the stinginess in upmarket features. AT, 4x4 and Sunroof would certainly bump up the price, they are marketing the Harrier as an affordable luxury product. Remember how Jeep wowed us at Compass launch with its pricing, and later on added features like sunroof. Tata maybe following the same strategy and keeping some cards up their sleeves and come up with those features at a later date (read 2019 festive season) to boost sales after the initial hype. Tata is also raking up the Land Rover pedigree just like Jeep marketed the Compass to be having the hardcore Jeep (4x4) dna.
Also the performance of the engine is to be seen and will be compared to its direct rival Compass, we all should wait for the reviews (I feel Harrier would be sluggish due to less power and more weight). Although lot is being discussed about the features, or lack of it, the way the Harrier drives and handles will also decide its fate !
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 14:08   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Great discussion and great insight... my take is Tata wants to shake up the market with a shocker pricing, hence the stinginess in upmarket features. AT, 4x4 and Sunroof would certainly bump up the price, they are marketing the Harrier as an affordable luxury product.
Also the performance of the engine is to be seen and will be compared to its direct rival Compass, we all should wait for the reviews (I feel Harrier would be sluggish due to less power and more weight). Although lot is being discussed about the features, or lack of it, the way the Harrier drives and handles will also decide its fate !
Considering the kerb weight of 1650 kg, the Harrier has 84 bhp per tonne and a torque of 350nm, about 212 nm per tonne.
Compare this with the Swift, 70 odd bhp and 190 nm torque per tonne. If Swift is decently fast, the Harrier should do better.
Old 5th December 2018, 14:57   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Bang on! Most of people I personally know who has recently bought a Creta (5 of them all AT in my apartment Complex) or an Innova or waiting on the fence to plonk that money on a Compass, would without a blink of an eye, buy a Harrier with AT and save few lakhs. Creta and Innova are overpriced vehicles because there are no choices in that category. I too wouldn't be surprised if people considering Endeavour/Fortuner/CRV/ SantaFe/Tucson would also consider Harrier if the option of AT, AWD and Sunroof are made available with an additional 2 lakh rupees to the whatever price TATA comeup with the current offering.

started exploring Tucson AT. haven't initiated the booking cancellation.
Old 5th December 2018, 15:08   #2022
BHPian

Name:  Phonecharger.png
Views: 5324
Size:  489.4 KB

So, the phone charger point is inside the beverage cooler cum arm rest, and the phone should be kept in the door storage to the right? Will the charging cable pass under our back sides while traveling to the door storage?

Can't find any alternative charging points.

Update : Sorry, just found it in one of the video reviews.

Name:  chargingport.png
Views: 4982
Size:  402.9 KB
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harriergearknob.jpg  

Last edited by rovingeye : 5th December 2018 at 15:32.
rovingeye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 16:33   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Guess this is the first instance of some impression on how the Harrier drives. It's from Vikrant Singh of Car/BikeWale.

Eagerly to waiting to read the reviews on Friday.
Name:  tweet.PNG
Views: 4666
Size:  520.7 KB
hiren.mistry is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 17:21   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Syed S for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Tata Motors has responded to a tweet shedding more light on the launch of the automatic variant:
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20181205150913349_com.twitter.android.png
ChiragM is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 17:26   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Syed S for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Tata Motors has responded to a tweet shedding more light on the launch of the automatic variant:
Attachment 1825156

So, looks like they do know which gearbox it's going to be. Good to know that it's a matter of time for the automatic variant to be available.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks