Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2018, 12:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Is this car really going to be under 4M? I am unable to digest the fact. This is probably one of the most proportionate looking sub 4M sedan. Amaze is going to be a game changer for Honda. Given the fact that Dzire sells almost 15k a month, there is lot of opportunity for the competition and Amaze to me is the top most contender.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 12:12   #62
Senior - BHPian

I absolutely loved the new design. This may also be a function of my hatred for the first generation design, which in my view, was horrible.
Old 20th February 2018, 14:19   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Is this car really going to be under 4M? I am unable to digest the fact. This is probably one of the most proportionate looking sub 4M sedan. Amaze is going to be a game changer for Honda. Given the fact that Dzire sells almost 15k a month, there is lot of opportunity for the competition and Amaze to me is the top most contender.
This might have something to do with boxy shape. Under 4 meter rule does not give much area to play with designs. Call it similar to a cadillac or a TUV300. But as long as this design liberates space and is better looking than before it will be a success.
On the other hand. Looking at front quarter view, it might be possible that new generation Brio might have Kwid like SUV-ish design.
Old 20th February 2018, 14:41   #64
A M
BHPian

Finally Honda have something, apart from the City, that looks good. I like this car now. Totally hate the current gen on sale. The design on the outside is going to appeal to a lot of buyers.

But the interiors leave a lot to be desired. The boot on the gear lever is ugly and the center console is too bare bones. Honda should have done something over here. If Honda is listening, an armrest is a very welcome addition.
A M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 15:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

Going against the tide here. I did not find the exterior design appealing at all. In fact, I hate it The front bumper looks like it was banged against a wall or cattle. Why would somebody consider this car over the Jazz is something that baffles me !

Lets see what happens to the new model, if they charge a premium for their engines again, my prediction is it will get the initial push but will settle down to below average numbers just like the current one. The new Dzire looks far more better and has quite a few things going for it than the Honda Amaze.
NiInJa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 13:30   #66
BHPian

A comparo with the previous design.

The designers have worked hard on this one. Except the alloys designs, without doubt, this is an "All New Amaze".

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-amaze_comp.jpg
400notout is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 13:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
A comparo with the previous design.

The designers have worked hard on this one. Except the alloys designs, without doubt, this is an "All New Amaze".
+1, Honda alloy wheels these days are overdone and not my cup of tea. They are way too flashy and far from being elegant or sporty. Reminds me of those cheap flashy Chinese designs. Their car designs on the other hand are getting a lot more better.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 14:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Lets hope Honda gets the numbers with this all new Amaze. It seems to tick all the boxes and now its up to the customers to accept this over the Dzire. I still feel the Dzire seems a little more upmarket than this Dzire and may continue to remain the King of the Jungle.
The upcoming Mini SUV on this Amaze platform will be very interesting and may be the real volume driver for Honda IMO.
nik_kapur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 14:58   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
It seems to tick all the boxes and now its up to the customers to accept this over the Dzire.
IMO the Amaze faces more competition from within Honda than the Dzire,

If we consider the Nexa as a separate establishment, the top end Dzire has no competitor within MS stable.

The top variant diesel does overlap with the mid variant - Brezza though. Then its a features vs form decision.

The new Dzire ZXi plus is 9.2 something on road Navi Mumbai. I dont expect the Amaze to be any lesser.

The top-variant Amaze ventures into Jazz/WRV territory even the base City model is not too far away on EMI terms.

But the price-quality gap was huge. Now although the car seems much better, whether it can hold its own vis a vis Jazz and others needs to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The upcoming Mini SUV on this Amaze platform will be very interesting and may be the real volume driver for Honda IMO.
+1

Last edited by 400notout : 21st February 2018 at 15:02. Reason: changed content
Old 21st February 2018, 15:13   #70
Senior - BHPian

I think this design is better than the previous generation Amaze, which was rightly the extension of the Brio. I was still OK with the exteriors of previous generation, but the interiors were really boring, unappealing, unexciting, etc... I hope Honda has worked on the interiors this time. Because the competition has gone way ahead in terms of features, fit & finish, layout and other factors. Also, the build quality of Amaze was below par.
Old 21st February 2018, 16:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

I have been hearing about new Amaze with a diesel CVT. Not an expert here but somehow it is not adding up in my mind.

1. Diesels are not meant for revving hard and the Honda 1.5 Diesel engine is never a rev happy engine.
2. Common complaint we here about CVT is their "rubber band effect"

So i am not sure as to how this combination will work ? especially the launch is pretty near and no one has seen a test mule
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 20:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I have been hearing about new Amaze with a diesel CVT. Not an expert here but somehow it is not adding up in my mind.

1. Diesels are not meant for revving hard and the Honda 1.5 Diesel engine is never a rev happy engine.

So i am not sure as to how this combination will work ? especially the launch is pretty near and no one has seen a test mule
Interesting, but I think they can calibrate the drivetrain to be less rubber bandy, the advantage of having diesel engine is high torque at lower end. Well, I have never driven an automatic CVT diesel, though.

Never thought about this, good point buddy.
Old 21st February 2018, 21:11   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

I think the diesel CVT will be a fantastic combination.

The main reason for the rubber band effect is the less low end torque in petrol cars ( especially the i - vtec). Having more torque will reduce the work done by the CVT when paired to a diesel engine. The 1.5 i - dtec is known to have a very good drive ability in the city owing to it's torque.
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 23:30   #74
BHPian

I think this design grows on you. I initially didn't really like it, the front looks like it's inspired more from the WRV than the City. But now I've started to appreciate the design.

I'm still not very fond of the rear, especially the shape of tail lights which expend on to the boot, but I guess it's something I can live with.

Either way, I can see this car making a bump in the market and give some (if not tough) competition to the Dzire which enjoys almost a monopoly as of now.
Old 12th March 2018, 02:42   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Doesn't look like a Honda design at all. Not that gen 1 Amaze was a good looker, but this is hardly any better. The boxy shape IMHO will not age well and the car will look outdated very soon. But the competition isn't any better so hope this car does well. The Diesel CVT is definitely something I am looking forward to as it should be a game changer as sooner or later the AMT Dezire owing Junta will realize that AMTs are just way too inferior compared to CVTs and TC boxes.
Yes, you are right, it does not look like a traditional Honda design. However, this design has the markings of classic American design and looks modern with a retro touch. I liked it for the simple reason that it gives the puny sub 4 m car a bolder stance and the overall design makes the car much bolder and aggressive to look at than the previous model. I think if Honda gets the pricing right, Dzire would have a real tough comeptitor
wanderingwolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks