Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2018, 13:20   #211
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Hi,

I am considering the manual variant for now and not looking at automatics.
Considering either the V MT or S MT depending upon the actual price.

But the catch for me is that, I have to give away the price offered for my celerio by the dealer in case I cancel my dzire booking.

Hence, I am currently on the look out for a private buyer.

Not sure, If I will be able to get one before the car arrives at the dealerships by next week.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Looks like we are in the same boat. Even I'm in the lookout for a decent AT, and I'm preferring diesel considering my monthly usage of 1750 kms.

Initially I booked Dzire ZDI AMT. Honestly Dzire didn't wow me in any way. The infamous head nods during gear shifts were observed during the TD. The head nods were felt more during sudden acceleration. Since there was no other option for diesel ATs (apart from Zest which does not even have the creep functionality, and Ameo which I felt overpriced), I went ahead and booked DZire. Luckily the media reviews for the new Amaze came up all over the internet and the overall opinion was positive. So I cancelled my Dzire and pre-booked Amaze diesel V CVT.

My dealer mentioned that the price would be close to Dzire. However I feel diesel V CVT may be prices around 50-75k more than Dzire ZDI AMT considering the fact that many buyers would prefer CVT over AMT.

BTW which variant of Amaze are you considering to pre-book?
Old 10th May 2018, 13:30   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
But the catch for me is that, I have to give away the price offered for my celerio by the dealer in case I cancel my dzire booking.

Hence, I am currently on the look out for a private buyer.

Not sure, If I will be able to get one before the car arrives at the dealerships by next week.

Thanks
Why don't you get a quote from Cars 24x7, and then take a final call? I heard positive feedback about them from some of my close friends. There was a price difference of 20k between Cars 24x7 and Maruti True Value for a friend, and he finally gave it to Cars 24x7.
Old 10th May 2018, 14:17   #213
BHPian

Hi,

Their online quote was much lower than what I am currently getting for the car from the dealer. At least 30K variation. Hence, I did not pursue them further.

I assumed their online quote would not be far from the actual quote. Do you think otherwise?

Thanks

Quote:
Why don't you get a quote from Cars 24x7, and then take a final call? I heard positive feedback about them from some of my close friends. There was a price difference of 20k between Cars 24x7 and Maruti True Value for a friend, and he finally gave it to Cars 24x7.
Old 10th May 2018, 14:51   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Hi,

Their online quote was much lower than what I am currently getting for the car from the dealer. At least 30K variation. Hence, I did not pursue them further.

I assumed their online quote would not be far from the actual quote. Do you think otherwise?

Thanks
The variation happens depending on the demand of the model in the local branches. Private sale should get you somewhere in between these quotes from part exchange and cars24x7. Another thing is the difference of 30K in the exchange price may be due to the loyalty bonus for the same brand.

In anycase..you can wait for a week to compare the options and decide on the required variant and an actual comparison between amaze and dzire.

If you go for a quick sale obviously the price will drop. If say you liked the amaze in terms of price and spec after its launch tnen by the time you book one and till its delivery you can manage to sell your existing car with the right price given teh delivery lead time to be around 4-8weeks for the new amaze.
Old 10th May 2018, 21:05   #215
BHPian

Got a chance to visit one of the Honda Dealer and check out the new Amaze which is going to be launched this month. Surprised by the diesel nvh levels, it's at par with others in the segment. Dashboard is a welcome change and looks good too. Prices are expected to be increased by Rs 25000-30000, that's what has been told to sales adviser at the training of the new product.

Some pics

Silver gets a new shade, Lunar Silver.
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img20180509wa0008.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img_20180510_121241.jpg

Old and new silver.

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img_20180510_121711.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img_20180510_121716.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img_20180510_121228.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img_20180510_121247.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img_20180510_121442.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img_20180510_121642.jpg
AnkitAnimesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 21:29   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Got a chance to visit one of the Honda Dealer and check out the new Amaze which is going to be launched this month. Surprised by the diesel nvh levels, it's at par with others in the segment. Dashboard is a welcome change and looks good too. Prices are expected to be increased by Rs 25000-30000, that's what has been told to sales adviser at the training of the new product.
Were you able to get pictures of the S grade interiors? IMO the S and VX grades will be most popular among the M/T buyers.
Old 10th May 2018, 23:45   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post

Silver gets a new shade, Lunar Silver.
Attachment 1759678
Don't know whether it is just me, I feel this new design looks bland compared to the car shown in media drive.
Old 11th May 2018, 00:04   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Don't know whether it is just me, I feel this new design looks bland compared to the car shown in media drive.
Same here! I liked the car very much in the media photos and videos. But this latest pics from showroom dosen't look the same. I'm just hoping its the camera.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 00:09   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
I'm just hoping its the camera.
It's the colours.

Most of the media cars were wine red, with only a couple of them being the dark metallic grey. Honda didn't include any white / silver cars in their media fleet.

Lighter colours tend to make the design look boring. IMHO - its too stubby for my taste, except for the direct front view, where it looks like a mini - City.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 03:26   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Some differences are as well there in the auto expo the show cars had the following difference.

a) They were prepared and detailed properly
b) The same lunar silver was there but had teh body side mouldings in body colour on to the doors and also the rear spoiler.
c) All the cars there in the yard are light colours and hence not standing out. In the expo there was one red and one silver so both looked the business.
Old 11th May 2018, 07:49   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Same here! I liked the car very much in the media photos and videos. But this latest pics from showroom dosen't look the same. I'm just hoping its the camera.
I reckon it's the weird colour of a green they've chosen for the carpet that's causing this illusion. The carpet is gaudy and glaring in the pictures while giving the cars a washed out look. Would love to know who's bright spark was it to park the cars on fluorescent green carpet!
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 18:50   #222
BHPian

A bit more info came through from the dealer

a) Difference between V and VX is more or less as mentioned in the digipad.
b) This digipad cannot be retrofitted as per the service engineer who had the training in honda.
c) Digipad will have the same maruti kind of infotainment option in terms of service,maps( free for two yrs is their guess), etc
d) Can have the 2din touch screen systems from any of the manufacturers like JVC or pioneer which will have steering wheel control compatibility.
e) Rear window Defogger is there in V model but not sure from which model they are there.
f) From the outgoing model teh missed one in V and VX models are the heat absorbing front windscreen. None of their training had this mentioned.
g) Waiting time may be up to 10 weeks from booking
h) maximum offer can be like Re 1/- car insurance from honda for the first year and this is just a guess and varies from dealer to dealer or state to state and also festive seasons.
i) Colours are Red and silver as seen in expo, then golden brown metallic as in the demo vidoes, then modern steel metallic and white as seen above. On top of that there is a pearl metallic white which needs to be paid extra as per the dealership person.
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 19:28   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
g) Waiting time may be up to 10 weeks from booking
This is a matter of big concern. Would the 10 week wait time be valid for customers who pre-booked also?
At the time of pre-booking, I was told by my dealer that I might get the car in 2-3 weeks time.
Old 11th May 2018, 20:05   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
i) Colours are Red and silver as seen in expo, then golden brown metallic as in the demo vidoes, then modern steel metallic and white as seen above. On top of that there is a pearl metallic white which needs to be paid extra as per the dealership person.
How about Grey? No Grey? Grey was shown in the review videos.
Old 11th May 2018, 20:41   #225
BHPian

Quote:
This is a matter of big concern. Would the 10 week wait time be valid for customers who pre-booked also?
At the time of pre-booking, I was told by my dealer that I might get the car in 2-3 weeks time.
The dealer is behind me to do a prebooking in which case they are saying I will get a car before end of June so what you have been mentioned is correct in about 2/3 weeks and the introductory price and if not is the waiting time of upto 10 weeks

Last edited by jayakrishnan_v : 11th May 2018 at 20:43.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks