Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2018, 18:44   #166
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Honda Amaze - First Drive by Autocar India

Quote:
Performance is brisk and effortless, as the CVT keeps the engine spinning right in the meat of its powerband. It works very smoothly and even when driven aggressively, it holds the revs at 3,700rpm, as the speeds increase rapidly. Despite being down on power compared to the manual, there wasn’t a point where the Amaze diesel felt shortchanged. Yes, there is a bit of rubber band effect, and the engine does drone when you’ve got it wound up to max revs, but the minute you ease off, the CVT lets the engine revs drop down to let the Amaze cruise happily and without fuss.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-408173

Last edited by GTO : 28th April 2018 at 10:00. Reason: Best to just include a paragraph or two when quoting another website
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 19:00   #167
BHPian

Overdrive

Motorbeam

Cartoq(this is new)

Car Blog India

Auto X

Quikr - Diesel CVT review

Autoportal

Evo India

Last edited by Shanksta : 27th April 2018 at 19:08. Reason: Adding information
Shanksta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 20:11   #168
BHPian

All the reviews look really positive. The car has really grown up. The design of this new car is growing on me. Honda designers have done a fantastic job. I see big success waiting for Honda regardless of the Honda pricing. Amaze will definitely gobble up a big portion of Dzire sales. I'm waiting for more reviews on that diesel cvt combo, especially TBHP official review.

Honda if you are listening please provide a touchscreen on the V - CVT models.
Old 27th April 2018, 21:07   #169
Senior - BHPian

Now with a very good CVT diesel, based purely on the reviews above, it will be interesting to see if the Maruti Bhakts continue to put money in the Dzire with a jerky AMT or will people actually put their money in a better technology. Pricing too will decide if the Amaze is serious to take on the Dzire. But with Honda they may do the usual premium product premium pricing nonsense and price it out of contention. Waiting for the prices now.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 22:46   #170
Senior - BHPian

I actually liked this car. Looking for a powerful automatic and here is where my problem is
Petrol 1.2 is same carried over and nothing much to talk about. It is just OK
Diesel CVT is de-tuned, but i convinced myself to consider this. BUT Honda decides to offer diesel CVT only in V trim(not to cannibalize Honda city petrol cales) , so no cruise control, touch screen and all those top of the line features !! Why honda ?
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 23:18   #171
BHPian

This car is on the radar list of many hatchback owners and first time buyers, mainly due to the fantastic design, space and improved nature all around. After going through all the reviews, however it feels a mixed bag IMO.
+ Great Design
+ Diesel + CVT combo. Power reduction for smoothness and longer life of transmission.
+ Standard safety kit. 2 Airbags + ABS + EBD.
+ Increased dimensions, resulting in better rear leg room and segment leading 420 litres of boot space.
+ Improved front seats, Touch screen multimedia system with Apple Car Play, Android Auto and inbuilt navigation. Good storage spaces, USB and HDMI ports, new dashboard, cruise control, push button start, rear camera and DRL's
+ 3 Years unlimited kms warranty.

However Honda being Honda has left many things out which will give the edge to Dzire
- No LED headlights and tail lamps. Dzire has LED tail lamps as standard.
- No height adjustable seat belts.
- No rear headrests.
- No boot lid cover. Goose Neck Hinges.
- Sloping roof line means headroom at back is not great.
- Petrol has weak mid range and diesel is noisy.
- Car is still light and the highway manners though improved, it still feels floaty.
- No rear AC vents.
- Manual day night IRVM

Still if Honda prices it right and improves it's arrogant dealer attitude, this car can dent the sales of Dzire as it is now a large number of positives and hence it is a strong contender in CS segment.

Last edited by PraNeel : 27th April 2018 at 23:20.
PraNeel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 09:35   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Honda has really missed a big time opportunity here by not launching the CVT in the top end trim. A majority of us want all the bells and whistles in our car. These are features which are no longer considered sacred and rather offered in more and more cars now. I honestly don't understand the logic of taking all the pain of launching the much awaited diesel AT and then not give it your all.
drmohitg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 10:43   #173
BHPian

Agree with the above comment of the lack of CVT in the top variants. If they were scared of entering City territory they could have atleast launched the Top CVT in the petrol variant. Honda might just have missed the trick.
Old 28th April 2018, 11:07   #174
BHPian

Top variants not receiving Auto Boxes often happens in the cars of 3-8 lakh price bracket. This segment is very sensitive segment which has many first time buyers or want piece of mind and much more. The initial impact done to people when buying car is how much does it cost? if a XYZ manufacturer launches its car between 4-6 lakhs but auto trany not on top trim but ABC launches same kind of car with 4-7 lakhs which has auto trany on top trim too, people might be most interested in XYZ as top variant costs lesser. You often see such ads in tv or newspapers suggesting the price bracket in which the car falls under.
Thing is most of the people will end up buying a top end manual transmission car with respect of the price, very few people actually want and will spend on auto which would be pricey.
All in all its a weird Marketing gimmick which most of the manufacturers follow.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 12:14   #175
BHPian

I went through most of the reviews of Amaze, but I couldn't find leather wrapped steering wheel on top variants on any car.

Also, I noticed 5-speed MT on i-dtec whereas it is 6-speed in City and Jazz. Does that mean rpms would be on higher side when cruising at 100s with typical diesel drone creeping in?

Sample this, so called premium hatch Jazz does not get
- Engine Start-Stop and keyless entry
- Cruise control
- Digipad with Android Auto and Apple Carplay
- Isofix mounts and Seatbelts with ELR (whatever that means)
- Led DRLs
- Door lock button (not aware of speed sensing door locks)
- Temperature Guage though digital but still there

And Honda cribs why Jazz is not doing well against competition. Now, I don't understand why would anyone get Jazz in such a scenario.

I am an owner of i-vtec Jazz VX 2016 and it already feels age old all thanks to these missing features.

Last edited by varunswnt : 28th April 2018 at 12:20.
Old 28th April 2018, 12:41   #176
BHPian

Overall reviews seem to be pretty positive. Going through them and by observations, this is what I could figure out-

+ Space and comfort
+ Interior quality
+ Improved refinement
+ Ride quality
+ Standard safety kit (6 airbags would've been great though)

- Some missing equipment
- Petrol has weak mid-range
- No top-end AT

Now it all boils down to the pricing. I hope they take the competition head on and price the new Amaze within 20k (plus or minus) of the Dzire. Then they'll have a sure shot winner.
Old 28th April 2018, 13:47   #177
BHPian

There is no manual control via paddle shifters for diesel CVT variants. Wouldn't it be difficult to handle the vehicle in hilly terrain where more manual control would be required sometimes? What I understood from a dealership guy who TD the new Amaze is that the vehicle doesn't roll back in slope fast, it holds its ground for a couple of seconds even after the brake is released before it starts rolling back slowly.

Also there is no mention of creep mode availability anywhere. The dealership guy mentioned it is present, but couldn't find it anywhere in the brochure.
Old 28th April 2018, 14:08   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Thing is most of the people will end up buying a top end manual transmission car with respect of the price, very few people actually want and will spend on auto which would be pricey.
I tend to disagree with this conclusion for not providing Auto box in top variants. As in most cases, Auto box is offered as optional. However, few manufacturers do play with features by including some important features with Auto options.
Old 28th April 2018, 17:37   #179
BHPian

I went through the Motoroids video and found some details which are peculiar to Honda.

No Chrome Tipped Parking Brake

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-amazeparkingbrake.jpg

No Cover for Seat Belt Warning Wire

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-amazeseatbeltwarning.jpg

Loose and Cheap Headliner

Name:  AmazeHeadliner.gif
Views: 4218
Size:  2.22 MB

Come on, Honda how much did you save?

Diesel comes with a no step CVT (i.e. no gears) and low ratio mode.
Petrol comes with a 7 step CVT, paddle shifters and no low ratio mode.

The Amaze is limited to 145 kmph. Why Honda why?

The video though long brings out each and every aspect of car.

Last edited by noopster : 1st May 2018 at 02:25. Reason: Typo
PraNeel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 18:19   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Smart marketing move by Honda Cars India, similar to how Hyundai introduced the all-new Verna last year (The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi).

Rajesh Goel, Sr vice president & director, Sales and Marketing:

Quote:
"The bookings for the new Amaze commenced on 6 April. The response to the all-new Honda Amaze since its world premiere at the Auto Expo has been overwhelming. As a special gesture to all the Honda loyalists, who are booking the car even before knowing the price and variant details, we have decided to offer a special introductory price for the initial 20,000 bookings."
ET Auto

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th April 2018 at 18:24. Reason: added link to Verna.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks