Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2019, 14:48   #1471
Senior - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Just came back from a 'Unveil' event. My initial observations (from whatever I could catch in the crowded showroom)
  • Car appears slightly smaller than Creta because of the lower stance. But I like the proportions. This is not a car for those looking for the 'road presence'
  • Jewel effect on the grill looks tacky IMHO. They should have at least avoided this on the 'sporty trim'
  • Integrated display/instrument panel has glossy frame, which I did not like
  • I felt the clutch pedal travel on the petrol is unusually long.
  • Back seat has enough leg room but felt the seat is touch high and did not have the required slope (towards back)
  • Lower plastic trim in light colour doesn't look great and is made with hard plastic.
  • Boot space/shape looks decent
  • I pity the sales personnel who have to understand the mix of engine options, variants and trims. Since the showroom had only MTs, they could just get away saying 'we are yet to receive details on other variants'
  • Person from accounts mentioned that with the advantage of having the factory in Ananthapur (they get the tax holiday) they should be able to price it aggressively.

Last edited by Guna : 3rd August 2019 at 14:50.
Guna is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 15:32   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Audi has the B&O which is a class apart and leagues ahead of Bose. Are they giving Bose as an option? That's odd
When I bought my A6 in 2016 Audi charged me 1.3 lacs extra for the Bose audio and some more features. Now they have to keep up with the other brands so they have stopped these scamming tactics and offer only 1 or 2 variants.
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 15:49   #1473
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Manmohan Ram for sending these pics in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos-2.jpg
Aditya is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 16:25   #1474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to Manmohan Ram for sending these pics in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Attachment 1902000

Attachment 1902001
Will the TechLine not come with 6 airbags? It's clearly mentioned in GT Line but I couldn't find anywhere in TechLine.
Old 3rd August 2019, 18:11   #1475
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics of the dual-tone variant and a few others, selected from the deluge of pics I have been receiving since today morning.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-3.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-4.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-5.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-11.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-7.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-12.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-8.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-15.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-13.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-14.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 18:23   #1476
BHPian

The hospitality in the Kia Showroom was exceptionally unexpected! They served snacks and took care of every visitor in Calcutta Celica Automobiles, Salt Lake.
Well, the car was beyond my expectations. It is a quality product and yes there are a few hard plastics but it is not at all a deal breaker. The quality felt very good, from the doors to the interior
The wheels looked very proportionate and definitely it catches your attention with GT line. The tech line seemed boring with those wheels and grey color.
The interior color was not beige and black exactly. It was indeed a chewing gum white and black!! It took us a while to understand that. The seats were super comfortable and soft. Is it close to the Creta? Well, it's far ahead of Creta in terms on quality, fit and finish which I least expected.
Here are some photos!-
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190803_154846.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190803_154807.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190803_155012.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190803_160118.jpg

The things I did not like:

1. The sun visor disappointed me. The passenger side a mirror with no cover and no light. The driver side sun visor was a ticket holder. I work in an industry where I have to look at myself 24/7 for perfection. I sound really crazy but thats my profession life need. A mirror! Well, I can live without a mirror in my car.

2. The sunroof shade is a manual. Once again, I can live with that too.

3. I loved the interior color but I'm scared to stain that white. It needs to be maintained very carefully. The black interior makes me claustrophobic. Well, beggars have no choice.

Surprisingly, the dealers confirmed that GTX+ automatic is coming. I specifically asked if the top model is available in DCT. He replied along with a bunch of workers very confidently that it is going to be made available as Kia is checking on how many people are demanding/booking a 1.4L DCT.

The end of the story that I was very convinced and we booked the car. He booked it as "GT line, 1.4L, Automatic" He assured gtx+. Test drive will be informed within this week as the cars were not registered to be legally driven on road. Looks are subjective, to some its dead gorgous and to some it's too flashy.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190803_155206.jpg  

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 3rd August 2019 at 18:24.
momsonlydriver is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 19:05   #1477

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190803_185714.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190803_185713.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190803_185706.jpg

Any feedback on the suspension? To be fair one wheel is on the road and this one is on a higher cement suface.
vsang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 20:21   #1478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsang View Post

Any feedback on the suspension? To be fair one wheel is on the road and this one is on a higher cement suface.
As I observed in the showroom display vehicle, GT line is not slung this low, but diesel yes( both with 3 people at the back). So may be GT had bit stiffer suspension ?? Need to compare both on the road and confirm.

One bad thing, I observed window rattling in the GT line, both front windows, surprisingly when windows were rolled down completely while shutting the door
It was not there when either half open or fully rolled up and also it was not there in the Diesel.

Boot has a bit of storage space below the cover and can keep small items.

Engine guard material is of the fibre.

Door lock from the inside doesn't feel of great quality.

Frankly BOSE speakers sounded too noisy/harsh/loud, while same song in the MG Hector felt really great.

Being 5.7" , both center armrest and ones on the door is of no use, can't rest my elbow while driving.

Overal fit/finish overall package felt really good and as a Punto owner for ~10 years, this looks perfect upgrade for me, so staying with the GTX (not plus) manual booking as of now. Asked the SA to send the GT line near to my house once initial rush comes down(after 15 days probably).

OT: In my personal opinion, this doesn't look like an upgrade if you already have sedans or likes of Duster.
vinya_jag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 21:01   #1479
BHPian

Any dealership in delhi has petrol 1.5L cvt (HTX) for display / test drive?
Old 3rd August 2019, 21:01   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Boot has a bit of storage space below the cover and can keep small items.
Some of the videos shared in the forum of Korean Seltos had a depth adjustable boot floor board, like another channel beneath the top one to slide in the floor board for more depth/space. Did you notice anything?

Quote:
Being 5.7" , both center armrest and ones on the door is of no use, can't rest my elbow while driving.
Was the center armrest slideable? The page below from dealer handbook clearly shows a sliding arm rest while many fellow members commented it is not. If not, these vehicles are surely not the final production unit.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...0801wa0011.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
No offence to prospective buyers, but the 3.8" ICE unit looks hideous especially with it's brick like plastic housing. They could have avoided the floating panel design atleast for that variant, but it is not that simple I guess.
X-Factor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 21:13   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Some of the videos shared in the forum of Korean Seltos had a depth adjustable boot floor board, like another channel beneath the top one to slide in the floor board for more depth/space. Did you notice anything?
No i haven't observed it, someone will surely check it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
was the center armrest slideable? The page below from dealer handbook clearly shows a sliding arm rest while many fellow members commented it is not. If not, these vehicles are surely not the final production unit.
Ya I tried it, but couldn't adjust, hopefully in the final production version we will have it.

Regarding the colour, I was expecting dark red shade like Punto/Polo/Compss, but its like more moronish than red which is not to my liking. I might have to settle for Grey or blue.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 21:13   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Doors and panels are really thick, but not Ford or VWish heavy. There is a clunk rather than a thud on closing the hefty doors. The boot lid is also really heavy. I had to tuck away my phone and use both hands to swing it up. The boot itself is huge and should be best among competition.
I echo your sentiments. In fact, I was surprised as even the doors on my 2015 Verna 1.6 VTVT SX feel heavier and shut more reassuringly.

With the heavy competition for Seltos, where manufacturers can't cut costs on features offered, are they doing so in the quality of materials used?

OT: As I mentioned, I have a 2015 Verna SX and am seeking a replacement. Have high hopes on the Seltos for the kit offered. All subject to the pricing.
Old 3rd August 2019, 21:25   #1483
BHPian

Point to be noted. The cars available in the showroom were typical prototype in nature. The test car that I saw had few unfinished edges on the rear sun shade. It's typically made for test drive and to feel the overall ambience. The other test car never had that sun shade issue.
The armrest was not sliding as it houses the perfume right below the armrest lid. The varients without perfume storage might be sliding.
Old 3rd August 2019, 21:29   #1484
BHPian

I was asked to visit Epitome Kia orr today for a TD of the Seltos. However, when I went there they said their vehicles were still not registered at the RTO and hence could not offer a TD.

This was my second visit for the Seltos. So far, I couldn't have a wow factor. The horizontal display looks too cluttered. You might not be able to attend to it when the car is in motion. The sun roof was small too.

The SA said that if we book now, he could deliver the car by Sept.
Just an hour prior to the Kia showroom, I had taken a test drive of the Hector petrol auto top end. It was a 5 km drive since it was a rush day. Initial impressions, the family and I liked the ride. Even moments before starting the ride, I was very apprehensive if I could drive the big vehicle. But in less than a minute, it was very easy to adjust to it.
The dealer said we could pay and pre book. However, to cancel they would charge 5k +gst.

Also, they wanted us to buy insurance from them only at their rates.
I asked for a longer TD next week, before I could go further with Hector.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2019 at 21:38. Reason: Grammar, capitalising, spaces - please proof read your posts before submitting.
Old 3rd August 2019, 21:39   #1485
BHPian

Can anyone share their thoughts about the width of rear bench in Seltos.
I'm asking this because I have been seeing a new trend of narrow body SUVs flooding the market (Harrier exception here) eg: Creta, Hector and even the Compass.

If I'm in market and spending my million+ rupees on this car, I at least expect my car to seat 5 people comfortably (5 people including driver).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks