Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2019, 22:49   #1306
Senior - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Today, my dealer called me regarding booking update. I told him that I am not booking anytime soon. Period.

Only because of uncertainty over features. I don't have many options in this price bracket, frankly speaking. I don't like Creta, Harrier doesn't have AT, Compass is out of budget, Hector doesn't have Diesel AT, and it has niggles and bookings have closed, another point against it is lack of dealer nearby.

Other options are Elantra which is getting facelift, Octavia is dated although very good. Other leftovers are MPVs (Hexa & Innova Crysta).

If Kia had offered a true Topend Automatic, I would have been more than happy to put my money on whatever they ask for it. Doesn't seem to be the case, I hope Kia do offer an Fully Loaded AT, lots of people on Social Media have expressed their concern over this, Kia should take this seriously.

It's a watch and wait game for me, If Kia does surprise me with the addition of Top End AT, I will wait for launch prices, if priced well it could land in my garage. If either of the 2 gets wrong, my search continues, although I have a good car to retain for next few months (Till Auto Expo).

I have never pre-booked any car due to the consequences that dealers transfer on to customers. My friend has been a victim of this once, where he had to wait for 2 months to get back his booking amount.

If anyone managed to see a Automatic Seltos in dealerships, please make sure to take sufficient snaps and also check the features physically. I can do that if my dealer calls me when he receives cars.
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 00:57   #1307
BHPian

Given the damp market conditions, I feel KIA may target a low starting price to drive crowds to the showrooms. Premium pricing at the start can be a risk that can prove too costly.
Old 27th July 2019, 01:29   #1308
BHPian

Fun Fact : Speculations about the variants & their features began on Page 37 of this thread. We are now on Page 88 and the car hasn't even been officially launched yet. In comparison, the MG Hector ran 60 pages before it was launched and is currently at 98 pages. Yes, I know, I'm not very fun at parties. Kia must be loving all this hype though.

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 27th July 2019 at 01:34.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 09:26   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Fun Fact : Speculations about the variants & their features began on Page 37 of this thread. We are now on Page 88 and the car hasn't even been officially launched yet. In comparison, the MG Hector ran 60 pages before it was launched and is currently at 98 pages. Yes, I know, I'm not very fun at parties. Kia must be loving all this hype though.
I think there is a downside to this strategy. Some people might lose patience and hence may take a decision to not wait for Seltos and go ahead with another car. In my opinion, this strategy causes more confusion and chaos. Information like variant features should be available earlier so that people who see value in waiting can actually wait if it makes sense variant feature wise.
sahilkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 10:56   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
I think there is a downside to this strategy. Some people might lose patience and hence may take a decision to not wait for Seltos and go ahead with another car. In my opinion, this strategy causes more confusion and chaos. Information like variant features should be available earlier so that people who see value in waiting can actually wait if it makes sense.
It's not as if there's a plethora of options to choose from, atleast in this particular niche.

Some are not too inclined towards the Creta, for various reasons. Harrier, Hector maybe a size too big for some and the Compass is out of budget for others.

Those who are truly interested to buy an urban SUV would be happy to wait for the Seltos and even if it's marginally more expensive than Creta, many would still plonk their money on it for the simple reason that it seems to be checking all the right boxes as of now.

For me personally, the gadgets, gizmos, touchscreens, camera etc matter the least.

The way the car drives, handles and manages to evoke an emotion is more important than everything else. For us enthusiasts, the car is a living, breathing creature and if it doesn't manage to 'connect' with you, then it's just a mechanism to transport you from Point A to B.

I started off with a Maruti Zen over 20 yrs ago and it had none of these fancy 'gadgets' but still managed to put a smile on my face.

Let Kia do what they think is right, I'm sure there's a bunch of smart, sassy guys managing the show, who know more about the car business than most others. They just might spring a pleasant surprise for all of us.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th July 2019 at 02:15. Reason: broken quote tag fixed / spacing for readability
Almetal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 11:42   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Kia issues a clarification on all the rumoured pricing

Earlier this week, some media reports were claiming to have leaked the prices of the upcoming Kia Seltos. Kia has now issued a clarification regarding these rumours.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosexterior163118.jpg

Kia has said that there has not been any official communication about the pricing of the Seltos yet. The official pricing will be announced on August 22, 2019.

Here's the statement released by Kia:

"Please be informed that Kia Motors India has not released any official communication around the pricing of the upcoming Kia Seltos. This is to bring to your notice that there are certain web portals and video streaming channels claiming to know the prices of the Seltos. Kia Motors India advises all to stay clear of such portals/channels and wait for the official communication as this information has no grounds.

Kindly take a note, the pricing for Kia Seltos will be revealed at the time of its India launch on 22nd August, 2019."

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 12:01   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Good that KIA has clarified on the pricing. Hopefully this will put all pricing related discussion to rest. Surprisingly, KIA didn’t release statement or any clarification about the rumored variant list. Are we reading something here?
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 12:03   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
I just had a look at this following video by Kia.

Is this hinting a gtx+ automatic? Excieted to see the varient list come up.
Edit: notice the bose speakers?
I wouldn't pay heed to all this until the final variants and specs are revealed. The ads are mostly made on pre-production models and all those models had Bose speakers, black interiors, ventilated seats, etc. even on the Automatic variants. However all the first drive online reviews from Indian car websites such as Carwale, Zigwheels, etc. all state that these in all probability won't make it to the final variants. As seen on Kia's official website, the interior of both variants Techline and GT Line all have beige upholstery. Goes on to hint that we won't get the fully loaded AT variant for now.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 12:30   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the statement released by Kia:

"Please be informed that Kia Motors India has not released any official communication around the pricing of the upcoming Kia Seltos..............

Kindly take a note, the pricing for Kia Seltos will be revealed at the time of its India launch on 22nd August, 2019."
Interesting they did not mention anything about the variant list floating around all the portals and channels, may be the variant list is right?

Let me ask this question again, is this the first car to be launched in India which will be on display, available for test drives before the pricing and variants are announced.

As far as I know the dealers wont be getting the 1.4 petrol DCT for display and for test drives until last week of August. (source local dealer)
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 12:59   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Kia issues a clarification on all the rumoured pricing
Why can't they take note of the variants discussion here and issue a statement or clarification for that?
Old 27th July 2019, 15:26   #1316
BANNED

How reliable are these ex-sh prices-
https://www.rushlane.com/kia-seltos-...-12318450.html
Old 27th July 2019, 15:32   #1317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
How reliable are these ex-sh prices-
https://www.rushlane.com/kia-seltos-...-12318450.html
As reliable as the below post suggests!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4628029
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 20:32   #1318
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Don Dasco & Rajesh Subramaniam for sharing these.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-6.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-7.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-8.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-5.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-3.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-4.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-12.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-9.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-11.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-10.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-13.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 21:39   #1319
BHPian

Key set pics out too 😄😄😄😄

Key set for seltos guess the tech line
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1564243758397.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th July 2019 at 21:46. Reason: back to back posts merged
Alive2Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 22:01   #1320
BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/kia-seltos-...-12318483.html

Rush lane posts a picture with display saying AC with perfume! Is that a segment first or what?
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed