Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2019, 22:33   #1111
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Another Chat Answer from the DP I am in touch with:- There is no confirmation yet by Kia what features would be available in different variants. Whatever is available in online forums are all speculations.

Does this give us some solace?
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 22:37   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
I have a bad news:- Just had a chat with a Kia dealer principal i know in Delhi and as per him there is no word by Kia whether they are going to bring a true top end that we all want.

Chat Answer:- There is nothing from Kia apart from a promise of providing a well rounded excellent styled car with innovative features.
This just might be good news instead of bad. This might just confirm that all the feature lists doing the rounds are only speculations by over enthusiastic “YouTube auto journos”. I mean whats stopping Kia from providing correct variant wise information to atleast dealer principals and sales staff in trainings unless they are going to come up with some kind of a surprise to please everyone

I am sure the decision makers at Kia are aware of the uproar of sorts the speculative feature lists itself have caused.
Old 21st July 2019, 08:03   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a bad news:- Just had a chat with a Kia dealer principal i know in Delhi and as per him there is no word by Kia whether they are going to bring a true top end that we all want.

Chat Answer:- There is nothing from Kia apart from a promise of providing a well rounded excellent styled car with innovative features.
The Korean response is unfortunate but not unexpected. The supercilious arrogance is what they have come to believe the Indian buyer deserves - our herd instinct for gravitating to foreign brands (after Hyundai's success here) tells them that the buyer here is non-discriminatory and goes by word of mouth.
Old 21st July 2019, 10:53   #1114
BHPian

Test drove Venue yesterday and pre-booked Seltos online.

Basically I am looking to replace my 2012 Punto for quite some time and struggling to find a worthy upgrade. Harrier and Hector are a bit oversized for my requirement. Venue turned out to be too small for a 13+ lakh rupee car.

Booking process was straight forward and within few minutes got a call from the dealer. SA mentioned he will let me know once demo cars arrive, which is likely by next week. Expected to be priced at Rs 11-16L ex-showroom.
Lastly he thanked me and said there will be a pleasant surprise.

Hope my car hunt ends here.
S.MJet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 11:23   #1115
BHPian

Had Tata launched Harrier in automatic, MG wouldn't have got this type of response. Hector is the first car in India to give so many features at a reasonable price. Seltos too is offering a premium experience allegedly, at a reasonable price, again allegedly.

We are not lining up because these are foreign brands, we are lining up because we were waiting for these types of feature packages for way too long.

If I remember correctly people did line up for Tata Indica. People also admired Skoda when it launched in India.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st July 2019 at 13:15. Reason: Quoted post deleted and the unwanted bits removed.
m2avg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 11:51   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Lastly he thanked me and said there will be a pleasant surprise.

Hope my car hunt ends here.
What kind of pleasant surprise?
Old 21st July 2019, 12:05   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
I think the SA was just very loyal to the tagline 'power to surprise'

Jokes apart, I think it's pricing!
Old 21st July 2019, 12:51   #1118
BHPian

I think all their sales people have been trained on this aspect. “The Power to Surprise” tagline. I have heard this from multiple dealer people.
Old 21st July 2019, 14:03   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
He did not elaborate, he sounded like it will be both price and feature distribution, he was unsure of a fully loaded DCT.
Old 21st July 2019, 14:37   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
He did not elaborate, he sounded like it will be both price and feature distribution, he was unsure of a fully loaded DCT.
I was told Dhone Wheels of Pune are sure there is going to be a fully loaded DCT.
m2avg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 16:48   #1121
BHPian

I am also looking forward to replace my 2012 i20 and was an absolute fan of creta's size and looks till the time Seltos was revealed. But the variants mix up is adding to the confusion in between Seltos and Hector. Hopefully KIA comes up with a true top-end petrol and doesn't disappoint the new market. The SA from JSP ORR told me that GTX DCT model will miss out a lot of features.
Old 21st July 2019, 18:07   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The confusion of 2 dates i.e. 3rd & 22nd August is because on 3rd August the variant wise details will be shared officially & 22nd August is the price announcement for the official launch.
Hi Karan,

Is it confirmed that on August 3rd the variant details will be provided by Kia. That will help the thousands of people who have made the booking or planning to.

Hg
Old 21st July 2019, 18:21   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2avg View Post
Had Tata launched Harrier in automatic, MG wouldn't have got this type of response. Hector is the first car in India to give so many features at a reasonable price. Seltos too is offering a premium experience allegedly, at a reasonable price, again allegedly.
Exactly my thoughts. Tata missed the plot by not launching more engine options. I believe they also did not study about the upcoming models which has internet connectivity inside like bluelink and uvo. Hector brought forward all the features and engines options and captured the harrier's space. I am sure seltos will follow suit.
lovesujay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 18:37   #1124
BHPian

A dealership has told me that 1st of August cars will be available for display, 2nd of August test drive will begin, 3rd of August varient list will be unveiled. I have booked a test drive on 3rd, I'm excieted to try the Kia Seltos. I haven't asked about the pricing yet.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 18:46   #1125
BHPian

Found some pics on WhatsApp
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1563714978258.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1563714987842.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1563714996407.jpg  

Alive2Drive is offline   (22) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks