Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2019, 15:38   #1051
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
GTX+ misses out on road grip control, 8 way power heigh height adjuster and drive mods (maybe it's for automatics only)
Basically 2 features are left out or maybe the information is fake.
No, the information isn't fake. Both the features are meant for DCT. I too was keenly looking forward to Seltos launch and had even put my existing car on sale but quite baffled the way Kia has gone about the features and variants. You may call it ranting but i feel extremely disappointed.

Last edited by NAVREVV : 18th July 2019 at 15:44.
NAVREVV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 15:56   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Ive been following this launch since some time and was on the verge of booking it tomorrow. Not anymore. This feature list is crazy. I want a true top end model with an automatic gear box. Is it too much to ask?
Been waiting for a while to replace my now 6+ years old Ecosport and I don't like a single car under 20lakhs in this country. I don't know if the taxes are to blame or just stupid manufacturers.
Even we've been looking to replace our 6 years old Ecosport and the Seltos had got me hooked. Even we wanted a top-end auto (I was especially looking at the 7 speed DCT), but the features list is a complete let-down.

Quote:
GTX+ misses out on road grip control, 8 way power heigh height adjuster and drive mods (maybe it's for automatics only)
Even I've grown suspicious of the leaks. I mean, what's the rush, people? Just a few days, or a fortnight at max, and the official variants list will be out. And, seriously? The top end misses out on the 8- way power adjust? My father was already keen on purchasing the Hector, and this baffling features list would surely make him do so.

If anyone over at Kia has been following this thread, WE WANT A TRUE TOP END, with 7 SPEED DCT.

I'm willing to wait (even my father, now that Hector's bookings have closed) for this car's launch with a proper top end, replete with all the features that you could beef it up with. And yes, we are okay with paying a premium (after all, wasn't this what Kia was all about?). Hopefully they realise this, and launch it in near future (no later than a year).
A 4wd version would be cherry on the top.
Harjot37 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 15:59   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know/found out if the GTX can be fitted with the following at the dealership?
  • Sunroof
  • 360 Camera
  • Blindspot monitor

What may be difficult to fit would be
  • Powered driver seat

If this is feasible and reliable, this may the way to get the GTX+ with DCT.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 16:05   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post

If this is feasible and reliable, this may the way to get the GTX+ with DCT.
Add to that, Bose speakers which i desperately want. 360 camera as someone has already pointed out is next to impossible as it requires tampering with ORVM's.

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th July 2019 at 17:46. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
NAVREVV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 16:22   #1055
Distinguished - BHPian

The variant and transmission spread gives a good indication that Kia aims to offer an affordable Diesel Automatic. Diesel Auto is offered on HTK+, whereas the NA petrol automatic (CVT) is only offered in the higher HTX variant. HTK+ misses out on the following compared to HTX:
  • Sweeping LED lights
  • Crown Jewel Headlamp
  • Ice Cube LED fog-lamp
  • 17 inch hyper metallic alloys (HTK+ gets 16 inch alloys)
  • Heart Beat LED Tail lamp
  • Ambient Lights
  • Front seatbelt height adjuster
  • Leather wrap on dash
  • Telescopic steering (HTK+ gets only Tilt)
  • 10.25 inch HD touchscreen (HTK+ gets only 8 inch)
  • UVO Connect (Not sure what this is)
  • Auto AC
  • Back Pocket
  • 60:40 Split
  • Rear seat recliner
  • Smar Air Purifier
  • Rear charging Point
  • Tire Pressure Monitor
  • Auto Head Lamps
  • Ant-glare mirror

Cost saved on account of all these feature engineering can be used to ensure a very reasonably priced Diesel Auto for urban India which can also go rural
84.monsoon is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 16:39   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos Fuel Efficiency Figures

1.5L Petrol-MT - 16.4 km/l
1.5L Petrol-CVT - 16.3 km/l
1.5L Diesel-MT - 20.8 km/l
1.5L Diesel-AT - 17.8 km/l
1.4L Petrol-MT - 16.1 km/l
1.4L Petrol-DCT - 16.2 km/l

Source
CarguyNish is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 16:39   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
This is from a dealer, don't think it's fake.
Old 18th July 2019, 17:02   #1058
BANNED

This is a highly detailed review of Kia Seltos in Korea. Includes a test drive review.

It is in Korean language - but thanks to Google, there is a reasonable workaround for that. Just switch on Subtitles, and set up the Auto-Translate to English setting in Youtube.

Last edited by PYSO : 18th July 2019 at 17:04.
PYSO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 19:20   #1059
BHPian

One can now check the Kia dealers all around India on their website.

https://www.kia.com/in/buy/find-a-dealer.html

There are 4 listed for Mumbai currently (there is one in South Mumbai )

I called the Worli one to get some information and they said that the showroom will be inaugrated in the first week of August and cars will be made available for display and test drives during that time.
Variant feature list, brochures, prices and all other additional information will come out in the first week of August, only.

While I am not saying that the information posted in this forum is fake, we should all take a step back before we make up our initial impressions.

2 weeks to go before we can get verified information and get our hands on the car, let's just wait IMO.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 19:31   #1060
BHPian

Variants, Feature list, options etc., are all waste without knowing the prices. It's futile discussing about what we're missing without knowing the price gap between two different variants.

Don't know why, everyone in India is going the Rafale way, by keeping the price under wraps? In future, we may come across differential pricing depending on the profile of the Customer (private Customers). Price will only be disclosed after you pay up upfront fees
Old 18th July 2019, 19:54   #1061
BHPian

I talked to my father regarding the weird feature list and he seems really disgusted that he can't have an automatic petrol in top end varient. So well the Kia Seltos might not be in my garage. If they offer a better varient in future then we might consider.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 22:06   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Don't know why, everyone in India is going the Rafale way, by keeping the price under wraps?
There would be only 2 factors for me

- How it drives (power, ride, handling) - Hyundais have not been my favourite cars. Rejected the venue after one TD. Too much lag and not my type car.
- How much it costs? - Most important part.
I wont buy a creta 1.6 auto for 19 lakhs on the road.

Considering the Creta automatic (which do not have many features of the 1.5 diesel Seltos )is priced at 19L OTR, I feel the full options Seltos will cross 20L OTR, may be 21 L on the road. 1.4 DCT would be the most expensive model considering the gearbox costs (Venue DCT is priced 1L more than the similarly specced manual petrol) and could go upto 21-22 L on the road.
sandygordon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 22:36   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

Considering the Creta automatic (which do not have many features of the 1.5 diesel Seltos )is priced at 19L OTR, I feel the full options Seltos will cross 20L OTR, may be 21 L on the road. 1.4 DCT would be the most expensive model considering the gearbox costs (Venue DCT is priced 1L more than the similarly specced manual petrol) and could go upto 21-22 L on the road.
I believe at such prices there are much better cars available. Jeep compass, Octavia and even a Tucson. I wonder if launched what would be the retail price of a Sportage then. Kia has to wind up the pricing at 18-19 lac on road for the top ends. Anything above that they shoot themselves in the foot. Remember the engines are meek 115 ps, 140 ps for demanding such a high price.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 18th July 2019 at 22:45.
Old 19th July 2019, 01:00   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
I believe at such prices there are much better cars available. Jeep compass, Octavia and even a Tucson. I wonder if launched what would be the retail price of a Sportage then. Kia has to wind up the pricing at 18-19 lac on road for the top ends. Anything above that they shoot themselves in the foot. Remember the engines are meek 115 ps, 140 ps for demanding such a high price.
Compass AT range from 23 L to 33L, Octavia AT (a sedan) is 25L to 32L, Tucson AT is from 26L to 33L, Seltos top end might reach around 21 OTR
Old 19th July 2019, 01:23   #1065
BHPian

Should say I'm a bit disappointed with the variants. It seems they slotted the variants inbetween the Creta variants so as to not impact Creta sales. It's like, if you want this this features, buy a Creta and if you want these features, buy a Seltos. Anyways, I might still move from my Palio GTX to Seltos GTX
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks