Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2019, 18:58   #826
AYP
Senior - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

So, it is proved that Kia is after all closely related to Hyundai.

They have made the same variant mismatch that Hyundai is known to do. I was really expecting them to be different.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 19:19   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
So is the fully loaded option known as GTX+? (Manual)
Yes. Disappointed that A/T doesn't have the top end option. I thought Kia would take that initiative unlike Hyundai.
Old 12th July 2019, 19:33   #828
BHPian

The xls sheet tells NO DRVM for GTX (only available for GTX+), so I'm confused.

Does GTX come with Rear View Backup Camera or no? Meaning showing the real time image in the 10.25 inch screen, not DRVM

Can front parking sensors and 360 camera be added later as accessories? It might be a stupid question but want to clarify anyway.

Last edited by panamera13 : 12th July 2019 at 19:38.
Old 12th July 2019, 19:34   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Yes. Disappointed that A/T doesn't have the top end option. I thought Kia would take that initiative unlike Hyundai.
Same here even I assumed that automatic would come in the top varient but now sadly I have to use a clutch again , lets see how fun is it to drive with a GT tag on its tiger nose.
Old 12th July 2019, 19:34   #830
Senior - BHPian

Recieved these on WhatsApp

Kia Seltos in Steel Silver Shade

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190712wa0005.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190712wa0004.jpg

Not sure which variant is this.
CarguyNish is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 19:52   #831
BHPian

Personally for me, the second from top variant is a good deal with the DCT and turbo petrol. The things it misses out on compared to the manual top trim are not must-haves.

• ventilated seats - meh, fine without them
  • 360 camera - never used it, ok without using them in the future, as long as there's a rear camera.
  • front parking sensors - May be needed in a huge SUV but not a must have in this car. Can be put on later as well.
  • sunroof - I'm just not a fan of these tiny sunroofs. To me you either get a gorgeous panoramic sunroof like the Compass or don't get one at all! At least it's not a deal breaker.

I must admit the HUD really piqued my interest and based on whatever I've seen in the leaked documents, happy that it's not restricted to the manual top trim.
Shreyas_H is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 20:28   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Personally for me, the second from top variant is a good deal with the DCT and turbo petrol. The things it misses out on compared to the manual top trim are not must-haves.
  • 360 camera - never used it, ok without using them in the future, as long as there's a rear camera.
  • front parking sensors - May be needed in a huge SUV but not a must have in this car. Can be put on later as well.
  • sunroof - I'm just not a fan of these tiny sunroofs. To me you either get a gorgeous panoramic sunroof like the Compass or don't get one at all! At least it's not a deal breaker.
I must admit the HUD really piqued my interest and based on whatever I've seen in the leaked documents, happy that it's not restricted to the manual top trim.

hmmm, That is the top end for someone interested in the DCT, thats what most are complaining about.
Old 12th July 2019, 20:51   #833
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Can front parking sensors and 360 camera be added later as accessories? It might be a stupid question but want to clarify anyway.
I had a word with the sales guy regarding the same. Front parking sensors, Bose audio system can be added as accessories. 360 degree camera, won't be easy as the ORVM has to be changed and a separate module has to be procured. And Ventilated seats and Power seats can't be done as that will involve dealing with airbags.

He mentioned that most customers for automatics are upset with not having the top end version and the same has been conveyed to KIA management. The problem with all the additional features is it will push the cost by more than ₹ 1-1.5 lakh it seems. I feel KIA may come out with these features in another 6 months to 1 year. Even the sales guy was surprised to know the demand for top end automatics. I was thinking we are having a recession, but I think for the right product there is no recession! As per the bookings received, looks like KIA has a blockbuster at their hands!!

In two minds to book or not as I'm not sure how it will be in handling department and also the earliest one can get the automatic looks like October, that's hardly 2 months to 2020! Hopefully team-bhp review will be out by September first week. Fingers crossed.

And has to give it to the local dealership for being so proactive, they have offered to provide all versions of automatics in the first week itself. Looks like they aren't leaving any stones unturned. I have never heard anyone planning to ready all automatic versions for test drive! I had to wait for two months last time I went to buy mine, a Ford. It was like you test drive the manual version and buy Automatic
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 20:53   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post

I don't think Kia will release the top variant GTX+ with DCT AT and we're in need of an upgrade so I don't think we can delay till next year or so.

so, I'd go with GTX - my only question would be if it has Rear Backup Camera standard or not (non-negotiable IMO)? and can we add 360 camera + front sensors later or not.

Can someone comment?

Last edited by panamera13 : 12th July 2019 at 20:57.
Old 12th July 2019, 20:56   #835
BHPian

Korean Spec Seltos review

momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 20:59   #836
BHPian

Quote:
my only question would be if has Rear Backup Camera or not? and can we add 360 camera + front sensors later or not.

Can someone comment?
I am fairly sure a car that will probably be around 14-15 lacs ex-showroom will have a regular rear view camera!

Front sensors should be easy to put after market but the 360 system will need major hardware change. Seems unlikely.
Shreyas_H is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 21:17   #837
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think Kia will release the top variant GTX+ with DCT AT and we're in need of an upgrade so I don't think we can delay till next year or so.

so, I'd go with GTX - my only question would be if it has Rear Backup Camera standard or not (non-negotiable IMO)? and can we add 360 camera + front sensors later or not.

Can someone comment?
There will be a rear camera and rear parking sensors like every other car. But adding a 360 degree camera might involve in new OVRMS and a new front grill to house the cameras. The front parking sensors work along with the 360 camera which might be the case.
So, adding a surround camera is not possible also due to the software. Even if done, it might affect the warranty.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 21:19   #838
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...and can we add 360 camera + front sensors later or not.
Adding front sensors may be feasible if the HU is the same as GTX+. If the bumper already has holes for sensors, then it could be even plug and play.

But 360 degree camera will involve lots of hardware (ORVMs with camera, front sensors, front camera etc.) and software changes which the dealers may not be willing to do. Even if this is offered as an official upgrade, it would definitely cost a bomb.
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 21:38   #839
BHPian

On a lighter note:- Can I buy GTX+ and make it GTX later? :-)
Old 12th July 2019, 21:44   #840
BHPian

Quote:

Can someone comment?
Per ACI website the GTX+ has the around view camera. The 360 Degrees camera system can be retrofitted but it would require fiddling with the Electricals. In the price bracket that the Seltos is I think it would be a 4 camera setup (front, back and one camera each under the left/right side view mirror). It’s safer to get these features in the factory fitted option. That way there’s no adventure as far as warranties are concerned.
maven is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks