Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2019, 16:17   #511
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

I own a Creta CDRI AT 1.6, i love it but features which my older I20 had are missing in this vehicle. The Looks of the Sletos are very similar to the Creta.
Now Kia has come up with a looker and filled to the brim with Tech. I am a sedate driver and a lower powered engine with all the gizmos ticks the boxes for me.
I cant wait for the sales figure analysis to see if the Creta numbers drop by 50% due to Seltos and Venue. My next ride would be a Seltos if the Creta does not get the same bells and whistles. Waiting for the official price list. But i am in no hurry as my lease has 2 more years left.
yajaman99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 16:32   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Seltos has been spotted in dual-tone colour shades:
It will be interesting to know which variants will be available in dual tone options. Hope they keep the top-end 1.4 Turbo petrol DCT variant available in dual tone too
Old 28th June 2019, 18:57   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to Ram Dantuluri for sharing these from Bangalore.

Too early to comment, but the height of the vehicle doesn't seem imposing enough. I feel that due to the centre of gravity being low, the handling would be better than the Creta, but look's wise, it would feel a little tinier than the creta, which is not necessarily a good thing.
Old 29th June 2019, 15:37   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing these from Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
It will be interesting to know which variants will be available in dual tone options. Hope they keep the top-end 1.4 Turbo petrol DCT variant available in dual tone too
Both the cars are GT Line since there are those red lines all over the bumper and sides. Although I expected the White-Orange dual tone to be a bad combo, it doesn't look that bad in the picture.

Had a brief chat with the consultant of the local dealer and he told me that he is heading to Bangalore for some training until July 2nd. Maybe this convoy of Seltos has something to do with this training as well.

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 29th June 2019 at 15:38.
Old 29th June 2019, 18:40   #515
BHPian

Probably promotional material for the Seltos released in South Korea. Screenshots and video link below -

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-f200015584.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183221280.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183209887.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183201017.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183153074.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183145124.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183137192.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183128835.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183057603.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183049498.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183041473.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190629183035736.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-gallery01-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-gallery05.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-gallery03.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-gallery031.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-gallery02.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-gallery01.jpg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 29th June 2019 at 19:05.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 20:04   #516
BHPian

Happened to read the first page of this thread today after the design reveal and it must be said that Kia have really outdone themselves by sticking to the concept they had shown during the auto expo. The car as revealed now is very close to the concept which really looked good.

The recent trend in the Indian automotive scene with production cars being quite close to the concept version is really pleasing, considering this was not the case until very recently.
Abhinav_2502 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 00:00   #517
BHPian

While KIA Motors launching one of the most anticipated cars in the recent times, will shut down one of its three plants in China. The reasons quoted are the possible outcome of political tensions between China and South Korea and a lot of domestic car manufacturers in china giving strong competition to other brands.

Interestingly, Hyundai Motors, the parent company of KIA, is also considering "halting" production in one of its factories based in Beijing.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/kia-motors-to...ow-demand/amp/

Source: gaadiwaadi.com
Col Mehta is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 01:25   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Probably promotional material for the Seltos released in South Korea. Screenshots and video link below...
Thank you for the pictures.
The South Korean version of the Seltos has a separate touch screen and separate compartment for the instrument cluster which is different than the Indian version I think. I have attached a picture for reference.
I personally prefer the South Korean version in this respect, the interiors looks a lot neater and classier that way IMO.

The workmanship on the car seems like its of real high quality, I hope Kia does not change it dramatically in India.
This is one car that I am very excited about. If the rumors are to be belived and it is priced according to them (11-17 lakhs), this would probably be the only car in this price range to give one such a luxurious feel (presumably, looking at the pictures).
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-hqdefault.jpg  

Vedant Gupta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 07:40   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Some points I really found intriguing about the Seltos:
There seems to be an AWD version, yet there is no transmission tunnel and floorboard is flat! Looks like they are using some form of electrical motor drive on the rear wheels which does not need a transmission tunnel. This will really be a first for its segment!
The Kia Seltos does have an ace up its sleeve which none of the others launched recently - Harrier, Hector and even Jeep Compass did not have - an affordable Diesel Automatic version. If Kia are able to price their Diesel auto under 15.5 Lacs ex showroom, they will take a huge pie of the market and leave all others far behind, even the Hector. This seems to be Kia's plan and the diesel variants with auto have been one of the reasons for Hyundai Creta's success. With the 1.5 L engine the Seltos will also come in a lower tax slab compared to the Creta 1.6 so that will help shave off some of the taxes and keep price low. I am expecting a starting price of 9.99 for the Seltos Petrol and 10.99 for the diesel. Mid diesel variant at 12.99 and highest diesel variant at 14 and diesel auto at 15.5 lacs ex showroom. These prices will help Kia beat the competition and also use up their production capacity (which is 300,000 per annum or 25,000 cars per month, including exports!)
What I also feel Kia will do differently is build up stocks for immediate delivery as soon as they launch the car formally as that will help them bank the orders immediately.

Last edited by Behemoth : 30th June 2019 at 07:42.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 09:04   #520
BHPian

The conventional dashboard layout of the LHD Model looks so much better than the RHD model. Maybe it requires some getting used to.

Checked out the Korean website and came across the following:

1. The speaker in the doors has a 3d pattern which looks really interesting.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_interior05.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_con_06.jpg

2. Split screen works in the touchscreen unit which will be a useful feature. Really don't understand why Kia skipped the rotary buttons in the RHD version.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_con_01.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_con_04.jpg

3. Reclining rear seats. Also, notice the pattern in door speaker.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_space_04.jpg

4. Notice the mood lighting in the following picture. There doesn't seem to be mood lighting in the footwell. Maybe only during the night?
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_interior01.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
There seems to be an AWD version, yet there is no transmission tunnel and floorboard is flat! Looks like they are using some form of electrical motor drive on the rear wheels which does not need a transmission tunnel. This will really be a first for its segment!
The floor doesn't seem to be flat. Please check the attached image. But, I don't think they will be launching the AWD here in India. Also, notice the way seatbelts nicely protrude from the floor. Looks neat.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_space_02.jpg

Few other pictures as well. Also, I have to say this, I kind of like the squarish font that Kia and Hyundai uses in odometer and touchscreen.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_con_05.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_interior03.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_interior04.jpg  

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 30th June 2019 at 09:15.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 11:03   #521
BHPian

Is it just me or does the Korean version of the Kia definitely looks more upmarket. I was all gungo ho on this vehicle but now looking at these pics it seems we, Indians, should get ready to be shortchanged again :(
Old 30th June 2019, 11:20   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
Thank you for the pictures.
The South Korean version of the Seltos has a separate touch screen and separate compartment for the instrument cluster which is different than the Indian version I think. I have attached a picture for reference.
I personally prefer the South Korean version in this respect, the interiors looks a lot neater and classier that way IMO.
An instruments cluster covered by nicely contoured hood behind the steering wheel is such a beautiful scene inside a car and the Indian version has this somewhat awkward panel instead. But I think this is the future trend.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 12:56   #523
BHPian

Seltos without all the bling. Found this one on instagram -

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190630_125356.jpg

And here's one from SRK designs -

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190630124954803.jpeg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 14:39   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Seltos without all the bling. Found this one on instagram -

Oh wow! Looks really "bad ass". I wish GT Line was styled like that.
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 15:43   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
So, Korea gets 1.6 engines, that we don't.
Korea gets 7 speed DCT, and we get CVT
Korea gets a cheaper starting price.
  1. I hope you know that power and displacement are not the only things that define the performance of an engine
  2. There is a DCT available with the 1.4 Turbo Petrol
  3. The price is not revealed as of now. It is just a speculation

Kindly fact check next time before putting forth your comments.

Cheers

Last edited by porsche_guy : 30th June 2019 at 15:47.
porsche_guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks