Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2019, 21:12   #4426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Whats the avg km do people get in their 7DCT here? I get 7.7km per liter. I'm not sad but it's not the figures matching.

I'm getting between 9-11 kmpl.
Asmt_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 22:22   #4427
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhegde View Post
Attaching couple of photos of my GTK.
These black interiors are so good to look at. I wish all cars and manufacturers give an option between black and beige interiors.
sweetvar26 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 22:25   #4428
BHPian

Can Seltos take me to the places like Leh-Ladakh and North east states where roads are challenges? I really want a car which can take me to length and breadth of our country. City friendly driving is not criteria for me. As Tata dealer is not sure about the Hexa and according to him Tata has stopped the production of Hexa for the month of December owing to yearly shutdown.

How is ride and handling of Seltos compared to my existing Verna Fluidic 2011 model?
Old 14th December 2019, 23:47   #4429

I have seen the spare tire is actually smaller sized compared to the other 4 tires.
Isn't it wrong on the part of the company to provide a small tire for spare? And is it safe to drive with one small tire in case of a puncture?
Old 15th December 2019, 08:27   #4430

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayan.vipin85 View Post
I have seen the spare tire is actually smaller sized compared to the other 4 tires.
Isn't it wrong on the part of the company to provide a small tire for spare? And is it safe to drive with one small tire in case of a puncture?
The Donut spare as opposed to a full sized spare is intentionally a size smaller, with noticable difference in handling and performance. It's thus a temporary replacement, expected to be changed once your regular tire is ready again. The smaller tire is an incentive to get your full sized repaired or replaced asap - you can't do much else with it and shouldn't drive too long on the Donut.
lonsharim is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 21:49   #4431
BHPian

Is the live car tracking on the UVO app working consistently? When the SA configured UVO during delivery it did work , but after that it has seldom worked for me. Do I need to get the UVO firmware upgraded? Mine seems to be the sept version.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191211_084331_1.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191215145639_1.jpg  

Old 16th December 2019, 13:13   #4432

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Is the live car tracking on the UVO app working consistently? When the SA configured UVO during delivery it did work , but after that it has seldom worked for me. Do I need to get the UVO firmware upgraded? Mine seems to be the sept version.
I too had the same issue, but later found out that it only works when the ignition is turned on.
vijayan.vipin85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 13:44   #4433
BHPian

I visited the service centre for the firmware update , and this is what I received today. The technician said that the update contains few fixes in maps and audio quality. The update is dated 031219.

Anyone knows where we can view the changelog for these updates? How do we know when Kia releases an update?
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191216_124409_1.jpg  

Old 16th December 2019, 16:18   #4434
BHPian

Hi everyone, I'm finally done with my ownership report of the Seltos GTX+ MT. I hope that any GT line and even Tech Line Seltos owners will find it useful. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ol-mt-gtx.html (My Kia Seltos 1.4L Petrol MT GTX+)
BZ25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 16:21   #4435
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone knows where we can view the changelog for these updates? How do we know when Kia releases an update?
Have you gone through the Kia Link App? It shows if there is any issue with the car and I think also software updates for the infotainment system.

Mods, please merge my two posts. Thanks.

Last edited by BZ25 : 16th December 2019 at 16:30.
Old 16th December 2019, 17:14   #4436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Have you gone through the Kia Link App? It shows if there is any issue with the car and I think also software updates for the infotainment system.

Mods, please merge my two posts. Thanks.
Doesn't the Kia link app require the OBD device installed to retrieve the info. Did you mean the UVO app ? I don't find any info on the firmware updates on UVO.
Old 16th December 2019, 18:26   #4437
BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't the Kia link app require the OBD device installed to retrieve the info. Did you mean the UVO app ? I don't find any info on the firmware updates on UVO.
UVO is only for the connectivity features.
You're right sir, the Kia Link App requires the Kia Link module to be attached to the OBD port. Just check once with your Kia mechanic to clear any doubts you have.
Old 16th December 2019, 19:02   #4438
Senior - BHPian

Why Kia has moved waiting period for Seltos from 1 month to 2 months now?

I could see LCD screens in Kia showrooms displaying waiting period of 2 months!
Old 17th December 2019, 01:21   #4439

First a big thanks to the admins for approving my membership! Feels great to be a part of the Team-BHP family.

I had booked the Kia Seltos GTX Plus DCT Black variant in September and finally got the delivery on 2nd December from Joshi Kia in Chandigarh and I must say the delivery service was fantastic. I’m going to give the car for first service soon so I’ll update you all regarding my experience with after sales service as well. I’ll just quickly sum up my experience with the car so far with a few positive points and a few negatives that I noticed.

Positives:
1) The Drive: Kia really nailed it with the suspension. It’s just the perfect blend of comfort and stiffness. I’ve driven the car about 1k kms already (Can’t stop driving, help! ) and have taken it for a couple of highway runs. I’m happy to report that I got an average of 18.2 KMPL on the MID when I travelled from Gurgaon to Chandigarh in the early hours of the day and got about 17.6 KMPL while coming back from Gurgaon to Chandigarh during peak traffic hours through Delhi. In the city I’m getting about 12 KMPL. I had no issues with the DCT gearbox and I must say it is fabulous. I am fortunate enough to drive my Dad’s BMW 520D quite a lot and I don’t feel out of place at all while driving the Seltos which I believe is a big statement. The Steering also feels quite accurate.

2) The looks: This is one department that everyone is on the same page for Seltos . It is a stunner for sure. I’ve had a random person come up to me just to say, “Nice car”

3) More useful features , less Gimmicks:
The HUD, blind spot monitor, wireless charger and 360 camera are a boon while driving.

Negatives:

1) The Bose speakers sound great but there is a huge Rattling noise which comes from the front passenger door while listening to mid bass heavy songs like Bad guy by Billie Eilish. I think this issue is isolated to my car sadly and hopefully they fix it in the first service. Fellow BHPians do chime in if any of you
noticed door rattles on loud volumes with mid bass heavy songs and if there is any fix for this.

2) The driver side buttons aren’t illuminated. I guess I’ll get used to this eventually but they should’ve just added this in since they are on point with the interior quality besides this.

Overall I am pleased to have gone for this Crossover SUV and am a happy Customer so far. Here’s a couple of pictures of my beast :
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-a71d433fb4d7426c8ab6f9976007e997.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-0da481385e5d402e800c6de82007ac28.jpeg  

ritvik93 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 09:25   #4440

Quote:
Do we need to get this OBD device installed? Is it to be purchased separately?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks