Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2019, 18:39   #4381
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
I received my delivery of ivt last week.
Congrats!
Quote:
Can someone please advice on the paint protection part?
... I don't want to spend upwards of 10-15k.

Honestly, in this budget get paint protection film on the edges and corners of your car (Xpel or 3M). A complete protective film or a ceramic coat will be 3 to 3.5x your budget. Instead, if you religiously maintain a good cleaning procedure (jopasu duster, using a microfiber, occasional detailing) you can get similar results.
Iyencar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 19:57   #4382
BHPian

Hi, can someone please explain what is an ivt version of seltos? Is it a torque converter automatic gearbox?
Old 11th December 2019, 20:11   #4383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hi, can someone please explain what is an ivt version of seltos? Is it a torque converter automatic gearbox?
Its CVT FOR 1.5P, TC for 1.5D and DCT for 1.4P
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 21:26   #4384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post

Honestly, in this budget get paint protection film on the edges and corners of your car (Xpel or 3M). .
Thanks, but what about Horizon coat offered by KIA? That doesn't cost more than 5k or so. I think even Trizact by 3M is less than 10k.
Old 11th December 2019, 23:18   #4385
BANNED

Off-topic: Rumored to be Kia's new logo:

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-fb_img_1576086318187.jpg

Kia has registered more than 50 kinds of intellectual properties on its new emblem during last 3 month. This new emblem was presented in Geneva Motor show 2019.

Source

Last edited by wheelguy : 11th December 2019 at 23:19.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 23:24   #4386
BHPian

Finally managed to find the water wading capacity of the Seltos = 400mm source
pankajparikh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 10:30   #4387
BHPian

Anyone experiencing a mild rattling sound when the rear seats are kept in the reclined position? I'm facing this in my GTK. The sound goes when I fold down the left rear seat or if I repeat the procedure of folding and then bringing back the seat to the reclining position few times. Sometimes there is rattling from the right rear seat too. It seems to be a random issue which crops up now and then. The fit of the rear seats doesn't seem to be very good.
Old 12th December 2019, 11:21   #4388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhegde View Post
Anyone experiencing a mild rattling sound when the rear seats are kept in the reclined position? I'm facing this in my GTK. The sound goes when I fold down the left rear seat or if I repeat the procedure of folding and then bringing back the seat to the reclining position few times. Sometimes there is rattling from the right rear seat too. It seems to be a random issue which crops up now and then. The fit of the rear seats doesn't seem to be very good.
It might be from the parcel tray. A lot of users on this thread itself have reported about the rattling or random noises coming:

Quote:
I have a strange rattle from passenger side rear area, it comes on even when passing over small potholes or sometimes even while turning the vehicle at a decent speed or crossing over a speed breaker. Need to find out where it comes from.
Please do search this thread itself.

A few possible solution is to :

Quote:
Go to the service center or wait till the first service. During the first service, they apply rubber plugs / foam to a few corners, on their own accord, to fix the rattle.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4688162 (The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs)

Essentially, typical Indian Juggad will be of help here.
gutsy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 11:26   #4389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
It might be from the parcel tray. A lot of users on this thread itself have reported about the rattling or random noises coming:
I had suspected it to be the rear parcel tray earlier on reading the comments of other members in this forum and got the padding/fix done on the tray a few days after delivery. But the sound continued and I later realized it is from the rear seats.

I spoke sometime back to the service advisor who got my 1st service done last week. He has asked me to get the car to the service center and he's going to get it checked.
sidhegde is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 11:49   #4390
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but what about Horizon coat offered by KIA? That doesn't cost more than 5k or so. I think even Trizact by 3M is less than 10k.
I don't know what Horizon is and couldn't find info on the net. What I'm willing to bet money on is that you can get the same or possibly better treatment and workmanship done from a reputable independent detailer. I did find info on Trizact online. Basically is a scratch and defect removal process by sanding followed by polishing, which you won't need anyway on a new car.
Old 12th December 2019, 12:01   #4391
Distinguished - BHPian

Noticed a couple of things when passing a Seltos in the parking.
  1. The "AUTO" badge on the car is really XL sized. Looks a bit disproportionate.
  2. The pressed steel panels - doors, bonnet, fenders - are really tastefully designed & made. Sculpted well!
    • There are continuous curves, bulges & troughs along the panels and hardly any flat surface. It looks very good & pleasant. Nice effort put in there.
    • The lines & curves flow really well. Seamlessly across the panels & meet their ends perfectly blending into another panel.
    • The only grime it brings is - body shops are going to have nightmares in bringing the OEM shape back after fender benders. The shapes are very complex with curves in multiple planes. Especially on front 2 doors.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-bonnet.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-lhs.jpg
Reinhard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 15:46   #4392
BHPian

I have been looking to buy a car ever since Hector was launched. Really interested in buying Seltos and had booked one as well. But cancelled my booking due to personal issues. Now I am back in the market and obviously calling up several dealers to check if i can get HTK or HTK+ petrol before Jan to avoid price hike.

Have a very interesting thing to share, as I have spoken to almost all dealers in Maharashtra apart from Mumbai and thane ones. The common reply from a lot of dealers is that they wont be getting much stock this month. Half of the dealers said no dispatches on the horizon this month for them at all. All of them have a lot of GT Line cars in stock (which I dont want) and a stray top end in HT line.

Does this information check out with anyone else or they are just being polite?
Old 12th December 2019, 16:08   #4393
BHPian

In general - Car manufacturers in India shut down their plants for maintenance in the month of December. It could be a week or more. Shut down happens twice in a year. Mid year shut down dates are not fixed and will be decided based on various factors.

So, the production will be less compared to previous months. And also, they can clear 2019 cars, without over stocking.

Last edited by jaaz : 12th December 2019 at 16:13.
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 17:53   #4394
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajparikh View Post
Finally managed to find the water wading capacity of the Seltos = 400mm source
Is this for the Indian version of seltos? 400mm is good compared to competition. If this is the water wading depth of indian version, why are they not advertising it?
Old 12th December 2019, 19:03   #4395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Is this for the Indian version of seltos? 400mm is good compared to competition. If this is the water wading depth of indian version, why are they not advertising it?
Yes that's for the Indian version. 400mm is decent enough when compared to 405mm of the Jeep Compass, 480mm of the Compass Trailhawk, 450mm of the Tata Harrier, and 400mm for Duster.
pankajparikh is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks