Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2019, 10:59   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
3. And ohh please, do i see a XUV5OO in that front grill and claw like lights!!
Slab-like bonnet and the grill indeed makes it resemble the XUV.
Somehow the car doesn't look as modern as it was depicted in those sketches/renderings (especially the dashboard area).
I also have a feeling that 'single' piece infotainment panel extending to the instrument cluster will affect the visibility (apart from looking weird, at least to my eyes). I also don't like the raising window-line towards the rear like a scorpion.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 11:15   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Curious to see the difference in Clear White vs Glacier White Pearl.
Pearl white would be metallic / shinier.
Please see this post from the Honda City review thread for an idea:
Taffeta White Vs White Orchid Pearl

Quote:
Creta is too bland in its current form. It doesn't even have disc brakes in rear, not sure why it's selling so much.
Simple, I guess: Practical size, comfortable, reliable, neutral styling, somewhat aspirational, no real competition, Hyundai (service network, brand equity and resale value).
spindoc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 12:16   #423
BHPian

A few youtubers are saying the launch is in September? Man I really wished MG had come up with a diesel automatic and now Kia is wanting us to wait till September, damn another 2 months.
Old 24th June 2019, 13:03   #424
BHPian

Got a call from ASB automobiles, the Kia dealership here in Ghaziabad. Don’t know how they got to know that i am in the market for a car in this segment, may be after the Creta test drive i had a day earlier and that close Hyundai- Kia bond, is helping them find some leads. Some info from the conversation i had with the Kia executive

1. They are accepting booking with amount 50k.

2. He quoted that Seltos will be priced 13 to 18 lacs on road.

3. Display cars will be available by mid July.

4. Seltos will hit the road in late August.

Kia is making the right moves in being aggressive right from the start. I am ready with cash for the petrol Seltos (after the 10 year NGT rule on diesel) only thing i want from Kia is petrol motor tuned better than the Creta Petrol’s lacklustre one.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 14:11   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Got a call from ASB automobiles, the Kia dealership here in Ghaziabad. Don’t know how they got to know that i am in the market for a car in this segment, may be after the Creta test drive i had a day earlier and that close Hyundai- Kia bond, is helping them find some leads. Some info from the conversation i had with the Kia executive
I spoke to Kia Delhi (patpatganj) dealership and the lady on the line said the bookings are opened (unofficially) for 31k-51k and the car will be available to display from mid July.

Car deliveries would be in mid August. Also received whatsapp from her on below details of KIA Seltos!

"Thanks for enquire KIA Motors. Following are the specifications of SELTOS:

LENGTH: 4315MM
WIDTH: 1800MM
HEIGHT: 1620MM
GROUND CLEARANCE: 190MM
WHEEL BASE:2610
BOOT SPACE:433LTR.
KEC - Ayushi jain
KIA Motors
Regards"

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th June 2019 at 12:29. Reason: Formatting post.
dhruvwali is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 14:17   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
..........Following are the specifications of SELTOS:
LENGTH: 4315MM
WIDTH: 1800MM
HEIGHT: 1620MM
GROUND CLEARANCE: 190MM
WHEEL BASE:2610
BOOT SPACE:433LTR.
KEC - Ayushi jain
KIA Motors
Regards"
For current Creta, 4,270 mm L x 1,780 mm W x 1,630-1,665 mm H.
So length and width are more while the height is reduced ? 33 ltrs of extra boot volume. Not a huge difference.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th June 2019 at 21:07. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 24th June 2019, 14:52   #427
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It is real hard to believe that this has a family background shared with the Creta, which feels too dull comparatively. Price wise it should be closer to the Harrier. If it can be priced on par with the Creta then Kia would have pulled a master stroke.

Creta itself is in dire need of the 2020 refresh coming as soon as possible in 2019 itself. Yes it is doing the numbers still, but they may soon disappear.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 15:52   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

More info on Seltos for India.

- Lower variants of the Seltos will run on 16-inch wheels shod in 205/65-section tyres, while the top-spec models will get 17-inch alloy wheels wrapped in 215/60-section tyres.

Quote:
Kia Seltos’ engine options, on offer will be a 1.5-litre Smartstream petrol engine producing 115hp and 144Nm of torque, a 1.5-litre CRDi diesel making 115hp and 250Nm of torque and a 1.4-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol churning out 140hp and 242Nm of torque.

A 6-speed manual gearbox will be available with all variants, and there will be an automatic option for each engine – a 6-speed torque convertor for the 1.5-litre diesel, a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission for the 1.4 T-GDI and a CVT for the 1.5-litre petrol.

All engine options are BS6-compliant, and are marginally less powerful than the 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines that power the Creta.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th June 2019 at 15:55.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 16:34   #429

Very impressed with the list of features. Looks like KIA has understood the mindset of Indian customers with an assortment of premium features. If they get the pricing right, I m sure it will rock big time and sell like hotcakes. My guess is it will be pitched against MG Hector. However, my personal concern is the build quality which I am sure will be taken care as well.
Old 24th June 2019, 16:39   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
....PS - I sincerely hope the concept does not get watered down much when the actual production version is launched.

I agree with most of your observations and Kia (with sensible pricing & Hyundai's well-oiled network!) will, in all likelihood, have a winner with this addition to the hatch-on-stilts brigade - since there is no mention of an AWD option so far.

My only reservation is on the car's exterior & I certainly hope that the garish, overdone styling is watered down. Compared to the Seltos, the KUV100 looks sedate and understated, despite getting its share of brickbats (on its looks) at the time of its launch!
Old 24th June 2019, 16:55   #431
BHPian

Autocar India reports in their article that 1.5 Diesel will come mated with a 6 speed torque converter. In my opinion, 1.5 Diesel should have been offered with a 7 speed DCT. Overall, impressed with all the equipment and features it has to offer.

Seeing the long list of features, Creta now seems to be outdated (No offense to owners).

With "The Power to Suprise" tagline i wouldn't be surprised if Kia will nail this with a killer pricing starting from 10 Lacs onwards.

It's a good product with all the necessary bling, good design, enhanced feature list. Right now it seems to be an extremely competitive and quality product from Kia.

Last edited by GTO : 26th June 2019 at 10:03. Reason: Let's criticize cars objectively (removing "junk")
Old 24th June 2019, 16:58   #432
BHPian

Autocar India

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190624_165204.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190624_165120.jpg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 17:05   #433
BHPian

it looks like I will have to look somewhere else for a diesel automatic, 115hp seems to be underpowered in my opinion
Old 24th June 2019, 17:35   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
it looks like I will have to look somewhere else for a diesel automatic, 115hp seems to be underpowered in my opinion
Go for the Turbo Petrol AT. I am also looking for a Diesel AT but shifting from DSG to a Torque converter is like downgrading my car hence, my 2nd pick would be the Turbo DCT GT Line.
Old 24th June 2019, 17:53   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
All depends on what the weight of the car is and how the gearing has been done. The torque figure on the other end for the diesel looks good. Heard in some review that the roll on timings from 20 to 80/100 kph would be best in the class as claimed by KIA.
SnS_12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks