Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2019, 16:51   #4321
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
In comparison, the Seltos diesel felt very neutered with a poorer ride quality and average road manners.
Are you sure about this maybe the car you got to TD was not correct. I have driven the Seltos diesel GTX-AT, Seltos petrol GTX Plus & a Seltos diesel manual all after Compass TD. Both diesel's were better in terms of ride since the suspension was a bit stiffer.
Old 4th December 2019, 17:30   #4322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suviswan View Post
How much is the Road Tax in Bangalore for GTX+ DCT ? The SA is quoting 3.2 L. However some of the website says it's 17% of the price which comes around 2.9 L. Is the dealer taking us granted ?
Road tax in Karnataka/Bangalore for cars above 10L seems to be 18.87%. 3.2L is the correct tax for GTX+ DCT. Once your car is registered, you will get an SMS from RTO with amount paid which will add up to the Road tax plus registration charges which is mentioned in the dealer's price list. I purchased my GTK from VST Central, Bangalore and the tax collected from the dealer was correct and matched what was paid at the RTO.
sidhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 18:18   #4323

Lower the seat.. Better the comfort. Road view doesn't mean you have to see directly at the front wheel or bonnet all the time. That'd be like driving a bus with a flat front. Not necessary.

Life altering confidence and comfort once you get over the mindset of wanting to see right in front of the car like in small cars, minivans and buses.

When you really need to see directly in front at times, press the 360 cam on demand. It helps to negotiate steep and sudden slopes while parking etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
Did anyone with short height find any comfortable seating position in Seltos? then please let me know your preferred seating position.
I visited showroom to get a feel and view from seating position. TD was not available.
I'm 5'5 and had to adjust seat to max height to get some road view. I find pedals(A, B, C) deep inside the well. So with seat at max height, I have to shift seat towards dash to press pedals properly. Problem by shifting towards dash is that my knees were almost touch dash(near push button). Overall, couldn't find any comfortable seating position

Anyone faced a similar issue? Although seating position is specific to everyone, but still if someone less than 5'6 could throw a light about their preferred seating position in Seltos, it would be great.
seltos98 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 06:28   #4324
BHPian

An update on my booking saga. Dealer could not commit if they can deliver the GTX+ D-AT in December / before revised prices are applied (they were really indifferent) and i got no replies to my emails to Kia motors asking if there will be any protection/ weightage given to customers from the proposed price hike considering our bookings with them from July and non-delivery to date.

So cancelled my booking, booked a petrol DCT Compass Ltd-O with good discounts on offer. Requested Kia for the refund of booking amount. Let's see how that goes now.
anoop cheeran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 09:20   #4325
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Are you sure about this maybe the car you got to TD was not correct. I have driven the Seltos diesel GTX-AT, Seltos petrol GTX Plus & a Seltos diesel manual all after Compass TD. Both diesel's were better in terms of ride since the suspension was a bit stiffer.
Let me clarify. My comparison was against the Duster 110 rxz. The Duster diesel has short gearing and has more punch down the rev range compared to the seltos diesel. It's ride quality is better than most cars. So i wasnt happy with the Seltos D. The 1.4 turbo is another story though!
I am scheduled to TD the Compass too in a few days.
Old 5th December 2019, 09:44   #4326
Distinguished - BHPian

if I've missed and for asking it again but can anyone share the pricelist of Seltos in Gurgaon? Preferably of top end Diesel and Petrol automatic transmission as well as manual 1.4.
Old 5th December 2019, 10:36   #4327
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
if I've missed and for asking it again but can anyone share the pricelist of Seltos in Gurgaon? Preferably of top end Diesel and Petrol automatic transmission as well as manual 1.4.
Here you go. I am sharing the entire price list valid in Gurgaon.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-45654c7a5d8c4901b362781675c5c65f.jpeg  

ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 14:22   #4328
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
An update on my booking saga. Dealer could not commit if they can deliver the GTX+ D-AT in December / before revised prices are applied (they were really indifferent) and i got no replies to my emails to Kia motors asking if there will be any protection/ weightage given to customers from the proposed price hike considering our bookings with them from July and non-delivery to date.

So cancelled my booking, booked a petrol DCT Compass Ltd-O with good discounts on offer. Requested Kia for the refund of booking amount. Let's see how that goes now.
I got a call from my dealer that the prices are going to increase by 50K for GTX+ DCT variant from next year. I am going to cancel my booking as well as am in no hurry to get a new vehicle now, maybe witness the new gen Creta and then take a decision later. BTW, did the dealer tell you by when you will get the refund? Am planning to put forward my cancellation request today and this is with JSP KIA at ORR BLR.
Old 5th December 2019, 21:00   #4329
BHPian

How many of yall are spoilt by their Seltos. After sitting and driving this car for around 5 days, I'm not willing to sit back into the Sx4 nor the Baleno. The DCT has got no heating issues at all. Just so happy with the car right now. Everything feels so plush. I had no clue that the doors were made of soft touch material above the armrest. The car feels solid as you shut the door as if you are secured! I'm fortunate and happy with this car.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191204_181836.jpg  

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 5th December 2019 at 21:01.
momsonlydriver is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 21:19   #4330
BHPian

Today I got the HTX MT Diesel allotted to my name. It was booked from Taapasi Motors Bengaluru on 07-11-2019. I got the PDI done in broad daylight and it went well except for one point. They did not allow to open the car to check inside. Has this happened with someone else as well ?

The stock yard is in Yelahanka near Legacy Cirocco. Took some photos while I was there.

Now the wait starts to get her home.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-3.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-5.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-4.jpg  

anzrulz555 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 21:21   #4331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
I got a call from my dealer BTW, did the dealer tell you by when you will get the refund?
Well, Epitome Kia did not respond to my cancellation mail, so i contacted the sales contact person- he said he has put in the refund request and it will take 4 working days. Lets see.

IMO, Kia is not going to bother with few cancellations. They have played it so well, capturing market in multiple segments, price point wise (from I20 to Skoda Rapid to Jeep Compass territories) that at this point of time, they feel top of world. Time is a great leveller though.

A big plus for them is the screen and electronics goodies on offer. Kia really got the pulse of Indian psyche and its fascination for screens and technology. Other players surely are noticing, am sure. In two months time Creta will come out with similar glitz, screen(s)-wise. I heard a some chatter from Jeep showroom about changes brought to Compass as early as next month on infotainment system, both in the new BS6 version and possibly also as an accessory for upgrading. So when cars with similar build quality or a segment above but nearly at same price point, get similarly equipped glitz wise, it will be interesting to see how Kia Motors India reacts with pricing etc, for Seltos, especially the higher end versions.
anoop cheeran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 08:01   #4332
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia plant in Anantapur. The Seltos made at this plant has already clocked over 40,000 units in India.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 18:14   #4333
BHPian

Finally got my HTK+ Red colour, Petrol on 04 Dec. It took a lot of time in the entire process (mistake from my side). It was a good decision to go for SELTOS. It was one of the best moments for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStallion View Post
How is the performance of 1.5L NA Petrol engine?

Also, Which variant is VFM in that?

How much FE, can we expect in the city?
I drove only Swift Vdi before this in my life, its definitely way better than that. But the engine stopped few time in first gear. I am too light on the pedals, may be that is the reason. Did anyone experience the same in 1.5 petrol?

HTK+ seems to be most VFM variant but again it depends upon your requirements and budget.

I got around 15-16kmpl with mostly highway drive (though MID was showing 19-20)

I have never used Cruise Control in past. Yesterday I went to Chandigarh, from Jalandhar. I tried turning on the CC, But I failed everytime. I went to 80kph then pressed cruise control button, CC icon was displayed in MID but it was not in regular white colour, It was gray colour. I took off my foot from accelerator and speed decreased. Again took my speed above 50 kph and this time I first took off my foot first and pressed CC button, nothing happened this time too. Tried atleast 6-7 times more but nothing happened. The CC icon that was displayed after pressing CC button was going off with same button not with cancel button. Only thing I was able to understand was CC did not work, But why? Someone with experience please guide me. I believe I am doing something wrong.
Old 6th December 2019, 19:15   #4334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
I drove only Swift Vdi before this in my life, its definitely way better than that. But the engine stopped few time in first gear. I am too light on the pedals, may be that is the reason. Did anyone experience the same in 1.5 petrol?

I have never used Cruise Control in past. Yesterday I went to Chandigarh, from Jalandhar. I tried turning on the CC, But I failed everytime. I went to 80kph then pressed cruise control button, CC icon was displayed in MID but it was not in regular white colour, It was gray colour. I took off my foot from accelerator and speed decreased. Again took my speed above 50 kph and this time I first took off my foot first and pressed CC button, nothing happened this time too. Tried atleast 6-7 times more but nothing happened. The CC icon that was displayed after pressing CC button was going off with same button not with cancel button. Only thing I was able to understand was CC did not work, But why? Someone with experience please guide me. I believe I am doing something wrong.
Congratulations for your new acquisition!

Diesel cars have more torque and hence, move easily when you release the clutch with no/negligible accelerator input (in case of your Swift). Petrol engine has less torque at lower RPM and hence, would require more accelerator input under similar situation. You will get used to it in a few days.

For CC, first press the Cruise button on the right side. Then once you reach you desired speed, push the Set/- button (push down the right side toggle button) and your cruise control will be activated. You will see the CC speed at the top of the MID. Use Cancel button/brake/clutch to deactivate it.

If you have slowed down(or even increased your speed) away from your CC speed and want to restart the cruise control, click on Res/+ button (push the right side toggle button up). Whenever the CC is active, you can use the same toggle button to increase or decrease your CC speed.

With CC engaged, if you want to accelerate briefly (such as to overtake another vehicle), then use the accelerator without bothering about the CC. Once you are done with the overtake, leave the accelerator and your car will automatically slow down to your set CC speed and continue.

Last edited by ashis89 : 6th December 2019 at 19:40.
ashis89 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 07:39   #4335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Congratulations for your new acquisition!

For CC, first press the Cruise button on the right side. Then once you reach you desired speed, push the Set/- button (push down the right side toggle button) and your cruise control will be activated. You will see the CC speed at the top of the MID. Use Cancel button/brake/clutch to deactivate it.
Thankyou sir, shall definitely try this today. CC was the main reason for buying HTK+. I hope this will be a big help on the highways.
gkg2423 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks