Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2019, 08:05   #4021
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I took the most complete insurance with - RTI (return to invoice, which pays you OTR price and not the IDV, in case of total loss),
Just a clarification but Return to Invoice pays only full ex-showroom of the vehicle, not full On-The-Road price with RTO Taxes and Insurance as far as I know, so the real difference is just extra 5% value of the car in the first year.
Old 16th November 2019, 08:06   #4022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
There is a strong reason why it is sold out for months. Kia hit a sweet spot with small SUV, good looking, compact and cheap!
Interesting views and I agree to most of your points.

Overall, I think in this >4m SUV but small SUV space it is still a one horse race. We just had the Creta - now we have the Seltos. Once the 2020 Creta releases both these cars will be 80% Identical given that they will share the same Elantra Platform, same set of engines and possibly a common parts bin to keep the costs low.

So, its an excellent business move from Hyundai/Kia to expand their share in a segment with very less competition. Hyundai/Kia is not be blamed but the competition: mainly Maruti & Honda for not being there. While we talk about the Harrier/Hector/Compass - those belong in a slightly bigger segment and not directly a 1:1 rival for the Seltos/Upcoming Creta.

The ideal scenario would have been to have had the Suzuki Vitara and Honda HR-V competing side-by-side with the Seltos and Creta. When that happens (& if it happens), that is when we as Indians will have a real choice in this segment.

Slightly off-topic, but seeing this video of the HR-V vs Competition - which is shorter than the Seltos (4295 vs 4315 mm) and same wheelbase (2610 mm) - its amazing to see the rear seat space and boot space offered which is one of the negatives of the Seltos:

But...
  • Do we have a choice right now? No
  • Is there an ETA when the competition will arrive? No
  • Has the Seltos Arrived? Yes

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 16th November 2019 at 08:22.
vsrivatsa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 08:54   #4023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
So, its an excellent business move from Hyundai/Kia to expand their share in a segment with very less competition. Hyundai/Kia is not be blamed but the competition: mainly Maruti & Honda for not being there.
Interesting!! A very smart move by Hyundai and its subsidiary Kia. At the start of this year Hyundai was selling around 9000 Creta. Fast forward to October, Creta - 7269 and Seltos - 12854. Combines sales - a whopping ~20k cars. Their shareholders are going to be very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
While we talk about the Harrier/Hector/Compass - those belong in a slightly bigger segment and not directly a 1:1 rival for the Seltos/Upcoming Creta.
Indeed, they are way to different segment. Hector is more of an MPV and competes with Innova, Hexa and Marrazo. Compass, Harrier, XUV 500 is a different segment altogether and caters to a very different customer segment.
gutsy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 09:11   #4024
BHPian

Thanks Gutsy. Trying for Red. But the way they're playing games especially Incheon and KIA regional manager they are making it look like buy now or we never know when!! And also at one time they called and asked me to look for another brand and nicely said haven't you heard of the DCT issues on social media!!! Man this booking is an unique experience and trust me if KIA doesn't fight these hyperlocal 'Secret Games' they will bite the dust soon.

And yes, my bad. Since I had a compass booking in parallel that's why the size keeps popping in. But just to make the purchase future prof I opted out of the phased out bs4 compass that is on the verge of a relaunch. And in many senses Seltos is the current winner in the D segment minus dealer created issues, booking handling, and DCT rumours.
Old 16th November 2019, 09:23   #4025
BHPian

That’s right. Have experienced different situations. Time for KIA to seriously look into it else that would be a pain later.
Old 16th November 2019, 11:10   #4026

Hey guys any info on wireless android auto for seltos.??
Old 16th November 2019, 12:26   #4027

I doubt it will ever happen. This will require future software updates to enable wireless and a dedicated hardware for wifi communication. Bluetooth cannot handle the bandwidth.

I don't know if Seltos has the dedicated wifi hardware installed, besides the esim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul70701 View Post
Hey guys any info on wireless android auto for seltos.??
Old 16th November 2019, 13:48   #4028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjv777 View Post
And also at one time they called and asked me to look for another brand and nicely said haven't you heard of the DCT issues on social media!!! Man this booking is an unique experience and trust me if KIA doesn't fight these hyperlocal 'Secret Games' they will bite the dust soon.

That is really shameful for the dealership Incheon KIA to divert a customer to another brand. I can understand after so much wait you would just take the car instead of changing brand or the dealer and wait more. Silver colour looks good to me. I was confused between grey & silver, finally settled with grey as wanted a darker shade. At the end of the day its your car but if someone asks me to choose i would any day go for silver over red, but again everyone has their own choices.
Kpaaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 16:04   #4029
BHPian

Ownership update for my GTX+DCT

Have driven nearly 1500kms in last 20 days in the car. The engine and gearbox combo is a pleasure to drive as reported by other BHPians also so won't go much in detail about it.
However would like to point out certain problems that i have faced in the car.

1) After purchased i had noticed a rattle coming from driver side rear door, at first thought it was the parcel tray rattle and got the tape stuck to it from the Kia service centre. But the rattle is still there and is most likely from inside the door pad. Want to get it solved but also fear getting it opened at the dealership as i am not certain about the refitting work.

2) Had mentioned an error on TPMS regarding the left front tyre, turns out there was a small and slow puncture which was the culprit. Got the 400kms young tyre repaired.

3) From last 6-7 days have started to hear a cracking sound from the front central speaker on playing treble heavy music and during vocals like phone calls. It feels like a grille rattle or something but i am not sure. Feels very frustrated and angry that in a car which is boasting of themselves for having premium Bose speakers and charging top money for it are not able to even play normal music clearly.
Again am scared of getting it opened at the dealer as am sure they will scratch the surface opening/closing it.

4) This issue is related to DCT gearbox. 2 days back i was driving through an underpass which had B2B traffic at crawling speed. While travelling upwards i had no other option but to crawl the car. Had to release the brakes and give a small acceleration input and again brake quickly. During this whole 10 minutes i could feel car jerking every time i tried to accelerate. I think the car was trying to activate hill assist as the car was at a very slow speed and due to this there was this jerking.
I am not sure whether its a normal Auto(DCT) behaviour or whether it was due to my driving style, its my first automatic car and first time driving the auto in such scenario. Now i am a little taken aback as to how to drive if faced with similar situation again or if driving uphill on hilly roads.

Experts would really appreciate some help for above points.
Thanks
sidenzo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 17:19   #4030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
1) After purchased i had noticed a rattle coming from driver side rear door, at first thought it was the parcel tray rattle and got the tape stuck to it from the Kia service centre. But the rattle is still there and is most likely from inside the door pad. Want to get it solved but also fear getting it opened at the dealership as i am not certain about the refitting work.
Rattling sound was reported by a few BHPians earlier as well in this thread. Wondering why such issues in such refined new age cars that are manufactured by Kia.

Suggest, you take the car to A.S.S and discuss with them. These seems like minor niggles and teething issues that may be associated with any new car launched for a new market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjv777 View Post
Seltos is the current winner in the D segment minus dealer created issues, booking handling, and DCT rumours.
D Segment? I reckon its a C segment car, C 2 to be specific

Last edited by gutsy : 16th November 2019 at 17:22.
Old 16th November 2019, 18:05   #4031

This is my 1st post and my greetings to all fellow members. Thanks to the support team for approving my membership. I am a regular visitor to this thread. It has been of immense help in my purchase of theGTX Plus DCT, which I will take deliver of early next week. Super excited at the moment!!!
Ramg200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 18:54   #4032
BHPian

Kia Motors India officially responds to customer complaints on forums about the Seltos SUV

This was posted yesterday at 7:56 PM

Now

Quote:
The content you are looking for has been removed on legal advise
What's happening Kia.. legal action?
gutsy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 18:57   #4033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
I don't think there is any need to panic. Such niggles, teething issues and flaws can happen with any car. A big manufacturer like Kia would iron out such niggles after analyzing information and feedback from customers.
IMO a big manufacturer like KIA is not supposed to have such problems affecting their products in the first place. They are supposed to be a mature global player and that is why people lapped up their product on launch. Yes they will resolve problems after taking necessary feedback from customers but what happens to the poor first time owners who have to face these unnecessary ordeal. Did they pay upwards of 15 big ones for these experiences ?
SaurabhB is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 19:56   #4034

Do dealers have the right to force customers to take their insurance options? My Kia dealer in jubilee hills, hyd is not happy when I informed him about my choice of insurance from outside (which happens to be Tata AIG). My GTX+ DCT is already in the showroom and I am scheduled to take delivery in the next 2 to 3 days. I decided to go ahead with the outside insurance tomorrow. I know about the insurance ombudsman complaint redress recourse etc. Just wondering if the dealer will create problems during delivery. Any suggestions/ thoughts welcome.
Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 20:01   #4035
BHPian

One main reason i quit buying XUV500 was since Mahindra is the king of rattles. I have lived with them for a decade. So finally thought of migrating to a foreign brand that is tight and fit. And here comes KIA.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks