Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:04   #2206
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Also getting some really clean X1s and other great pre-owned luxury options are the 15-18 price range with factory warranties and low odo readings. Unfortunately wife is insisting that we get the Kia but a lower model as she doesn't want to go over 15.

I'm in the same boat. I've never bought a pre-owned vehicle and don't really want to go that route unless I know the history of the vehicle.

The GT Line Automatics are out of question for me with these prices. Have you checked out the 1.5 Petrol ?
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:23   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I'm in the same boat. I've never bought a pre-owned vehicle and don't really want to go that route unless I know the history of the vehicle.

The GT Line Automatics are out of question for me with these prices. Have you checked out the 1.5 Petrol ?
I've purchased multiple Pre-owned luxury vehicles from BMW Premium Selection and documented it extensively in my ownership threads.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...per-s-jcw.html (The legend of Shani the Mini - My Mini Cooper S JCW)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-bmw-328i.html (My pre-worshipped BMW 328i)

There are some other fantastic resources and threads available on Team Bhp on buying a used car. And I believe its definitely a great way to go, unfortunately my wife is too worried about the anxiety and stress that comes along with owning and driving a luxury car (little scratches and traffic) so wants to stick with a mainstream regular car even if it costs the same money. I don't blame her as the repair bills of these things are extraordinary (Rs 45000 for rear tail light BMW 328i vs Rs 1200 for my EcoSport).
quickdraw is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:43   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
There are some other fantastic resources and threads available on Team Bhp on buying a used car. And I believe its definitely a great way to go, unfortunately my wife is too worried about the anxiety and stress that comes along with owning and driving a luxury car (little scratches and traffic) so wants to stick with a mainstream regular car even if it costs the same money. I don't blame her as the repair bills of these things are extraordinary (Rs 45000 for rear tail light BMW 328i vs Rs 1200 for my EcoSport).

I have the same anxiety I guess Going through your Mini thread now. A Mini would really be my ideal car. Small, agile and good looking.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:48   #2209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I find the discussion on price quite interesting. Those who are not in the market to purchase a car find the prices reasonable whereas those who want to purchase are not so sure of putting down 15+ on a Kia.
I, for one find the price to be okay.
Especially the 1.5 Petrol HTK+ at 14 Lakhs is a compelling buy.

By the way, I happen to be 'in' the market.
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:51   #2210
BHPian

From a safety point of view, the Tech line is a complete disaster.
If some one is paying that much for a car, safety features cannot be missed. HTX/HTX+ also don't get the safety features at 17-19 lakh OTR prices

One can't get a HUD on the Techline as well. Even after so many variants, Kia seems to have messed up the basics.

Keeping in mind the prices at which the Creta was selling (like crazy), the Seltos doesn't seem overpriced, but some of the feature distribution in the many variants seems stupid.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:53   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I, for one find the price to be okay.
Especially the 1.5 Petrol HTK+ at 14 Lakhs is a compelling buy.

By the way, I happen to be 'in' the market.

That's the only model I too find reasonably priced. Problem is no one really knows of or has driven that engine to really decide what it's like. If it's even remotely like the Ecosport engine, which isn't sporty by any means but is a decent performer, I will take that.
sharninder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:59   #2212
PPS
Senior - BHPian

A friend smitten by the Seltos is left confused & is having a tough time deciding on a variant all thanks to the plethora of permutations & combinations! He's sought my help & I've advised him to look for a good pre-owned car instead for that kind of money.

I'm actually missing those good old days when cars were only launched in 3 variants - L (base), V (mid) & Z (top) like in the case of Maruti.
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 18:07   #2213
BHPian

On the Kia site in the order section if one has pre-booked, there is a "Pay" link for the entire amount. Looks like they'll actually let one pay using a card I'm thinking the points one will get with a payment of 18/19 lakhs. Also, Looks like they need QA guys to check basic English spelling.

Last edited by sharninder : 23rd August 2019 at 18:08.
sharninder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 18:15   #2214
BHPian

Just Going through the Honourable FM's Announcements. it seems not just big boost to Auto Sector, but Also whole lot of pre-owned vehicles coming back to market.

Good time to buy a well-worshipped pre-owned vehicle for next 10 months. With seltos pricing coming in the range of X1s, I would rather go for pre-owned vehicles now.
anu21v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 18:30   #2215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I have received the pricing from Delhi sales rep as well . Sparsh kia
Can you kindly post a clearer photo? This one isn't clear.
Old 23rd August 2019, 18:31   #2216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Can you kindly post a clearer photo? This one isn't clear.
This is the only one I have
Old 23rd August 2019, 18:59   #2217
BHPian

The pricing is very realistic. At a time when even hatchbacks with thin sheet metal, not many features and not very enthusiastic engines are commanding 1 million plus INR, when wouldn't one pay 18 lacs on road (Bangalore) for a new age SUV. It is also a connected car.
Do remember, old model like Honda City, with not many safety or connectivity features, is selling for 17.5 lacs on road ( Bangalore)
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 19:18   #2218
BHPian

GVW of Seltos as per Manual

Isn't this higher than the competition?

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-gvw.png
rahul_goyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 19:37   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Could you tell us how you went about cancelling your booking? I'm also in two minds, given that the safety options for the diesel do not even include a Brake Assist, which cars costing 6 lakhs lesser have!

Those options (BA, ESC, etc) are only on a DCT transmission or on a manual, neither of which I am very inclined towards.
Called my SA, he gave me email of the CR manager of the dealer, who I emailed confirmation of cancellation with image of a cancelled cheque.

She confirmed cancelled and amount will be refunded.
dhruvwali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 20:07   #2220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
GVW of Seltos as per Manual

Isn't this higher than the competition?

Attachment 1908510
This is almost as much as the Hector, which feels much more solid when it comes to sheet metal. The Seltos doors don't even have the thud sound. Why is it so heavy?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks