Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 13:40   #2176
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
One thing I can't figure out is why would they use Tiger Shroff as a brand ambassador? Is it because it has a Tiger Nose
Dude, you made my day Today. Literally laughing while typing this.

Kia has got all the initial ingredients right. Well rounded product with rather good pricing. Have to check on the pricing in Andhra Pradesh, where the car is being produced. Might get some discount there. One of my friends is planning to get one in AP if everything goes well for him. I will keep the things posted.

One observation, the market is going down since a while but the cars like these are getting good bookings. Some percentage might be because of the quickest car loan disbursals that are targetted at young working professionals. I myself have the pre-approved car loan for ~15L and they say, can be disbursed in 10 seconds !!.
vijayshouree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 13:45   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
I was keenly following this thread as MG Hector and Kia looked as good option. My XUV is now 6 years old and wanted to look for alternative, not necessarily an upgrade but one with latest tech and slightly better driving dynamics.

However, with these prices I think I am better off keeping XUV for as long as possible and change only when absolutely necessary. Having said that I still see value in Indian manufacturers more than say Korean or others. I just hope Tata/M&Ms get close to these in terms of fit and finish, then it will easier getting one from them. Otherwise it feels bit of a rip off when you so much (2lac+ difference) for a smaller car with slightly better feel (driving/interiors/etc).

But it's good to see more options for the Indian buyers not limited as it was 5-10 years back.
Sailing on the same boat, rather the same XUV sir. It is 7 years running now and clocked about 70K. I have been looking for an Auto with 6 airbags and have not been able to finalize one. MG Hector Petrol DCT wasn't that convincing to ride and their best Diesel engine, doesnt have an Auto yet. I had zeroed in on Seltos GTX Auto, but an OTR of 19.23 L is not justifiable for me. Coming from XUV family, real estate is also important to me and Seltos badly fails in that. I might mostly cancel my pre-booking, but at least first let me take a TD and then take a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Another disappointment after keenly following the Seltos launch - the wait for a sensibly priced SUV with 6 airbags + auto box + rear space continues. GTX in petrol is currently the only variant meeting this requirement. At 16 lakhs ex showroom, I doubt its worth the additional money over a sub-4m proposition like the ecosport.
If I was a kid, I would have done a same pinch for your statement . Its not just you and me, I see a lot of car enthusiasts stressing on Auto and 6 airbags. Bring in a car with these features at a reasonable price and you definitely are going to see volumes for 1-2 years. This is where I felt that Tata Harrier failed. They were a kind of monopoly new entrant when they launched the car and they would have made wonderful numbers if they had launched a properly cooked car with auto gearbox. I dont see that coming in 2019 and may come with a higher price tag and BS6 engine in 2020 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
An upgrade Ecosport should atleast be a Compass or Hector. Barring few niceties and little extra space the Creta/Seltos doesnot have anything to boast about for extra 8-10lacs. The problem however is there aren't many AT SUV in 15-30L price bracket barring Creta/Seltos. XUV is too old, Hector comes with mediocre AT and Compass AT is 35L.
I somehow feel that Creta, Seltos, Ecosport should not be referred to as SUVs. They have a coined a new term called as Compact SUVs for these cars already. SUVs in my opinion are those cars which comes with AWD and offroading capabilities only. Again, this is my view. I own an XUV currently and definitely it is not an SUV in my language
MukundanMK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:01   #2178
BHPian

As per Autocar, there will be three months waiting for the Petrol DCT GTX. Even my SA isn't able to share any concrete details about when the car will be available. He once mentioned October and since then has maintained "not sure". If the report is true, then it's quite disappointing to observe the lack of production planning by Kia. They received thousands of bookings on day 1. At least, those cars could have been planned and delivered earlier.

To be honest, the product planning and production in Kia seems to have been done by two teams from very different cultures or locations and a lot seems to have been lost in translation. With some crazy speccing of variants and the confusion around pricing, I am worried about their execution/management in future. Or perhaps these are teething issues and things will improve.

I am now getting closer to cancel my booking.

:(

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-413878

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd August 2019 at 14:46. Reason: Spacing
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:25   #2179

Recieved the OTR prices for Bangalore from my SA. I had prebooked a couple of weeks back with the intention of chosing an automatic.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190823wa0009__01.jpg

I should say the prices are 2L more than I had bargained for. Looks like the GTX+ DCT and AT will be 21L. If that's the buying range I will now test drive the competition before making up my mind.
lonsharim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:30   #2180
BHPian

Have been looking at the posts from several people that GTX DCT will be approx 19L+ OTR in cities like Bangalore and Hyderabad.
What is the tax structure in your state? In Ahmedabad have got quote of 17.85 OTR for GTX DCT
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:31   #2181
BHPian

Seltos on road prices at Bangalore, as received from my sales POC.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1566550753981.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd August 2019 at 14:54. Reason: Rotating pic :)
anoop cheeran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:32   #2182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The problem however is there aren't many AT SUV in 15-30L price bracket barring Creta/Seltos. XUV is too old, Hector comes with mediocre AT and Compass AT is 35L.

In the 15-30L bracket we DO have the preowned X1, X3, older x5s, Ford Endy, & Toyota Fortuner - All which are Diesel & automatic.
Ooomph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:39   #2183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
I somehow feel that Creta, Seltos, Ecosport should not be referred to as SUVs. They have a coined a new term called as Compact SUVs for these cars already. SUVs in my opinion are those cars which comes with AWD and offroading capabilities only. Again, this is my view. I own an XUV currently and definitely it is not an SUV in my language
By the universally accepted nomenclature in the developed world now a days -

EcoSport et al Sub 4m SUVs = Sub Compact SUVs

Seltos, Creta, Duster, Captur, Kicks, Compass (Non trailhawk) = Compact SUVs

XUV500, Hector, Harrier = Mid-size SUVs

Endaevor, Fortuner, MUX, AlturasG4 = Full size SUVs

The concept of 4x4 being a must have for SUVs got lost a decade or 2 back when SUVs started becoming practical office going & mall duty cars that could be easily driven by anyone in cities.

The term SUV is now diluted and accepted as meaning car with large wheels, upright stance, higher seating, more GC. Thats about it.

In our old-school minds - we'd have quit the discussion after finding an SUV has a McPhurson Strutt upfront .

Now there is a separate logical segment of "Off-roaders" that covers the real 4x4 cars.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd August 2019 at 14:44. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:39   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooomph View Post
In the 15-30L bracket we DO have the preowned X1, X3, older x5s, Ford Endy, & Toyota Fortuner - All which are Diesel & automatic.
Pre-owned yes but there is good chunk of folks who wants to buy only new! All the cars you mentioned are easily over 40L here in Bangalore for new. Under 30 L you would get something like 2013/2015 models here in Bangalore which to me quite old.
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:41   #2185
BHPian

Looking at the pricing petrol dct gtx+ at 19L+ OTR Noida seems too expensive for what it offers esp in case of space.

Have cancelled my booking and going ahead with the mg hector sharp dct.

Kia is saying refund will be processed today and will take within 7 days to hit my bank.
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:49   #2186
BHPian

Trim Comparison Seltos

Source

Colours and Variants
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-colours-variants.jpg

Convenience
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-convenience.jpg

Exterior
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-exterior.jpg

Infotainment & Technology
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-infotainment-technology.jpg

Interiors
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-interiors.jpg

Safety
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-safety.jpg

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 23rd August 2019 at 14:50.
rahul_goyal is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:49   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Sailing on the same boat, rather the same XUV sir. It is 7 years running now and clocked about 70K. I have been looking for an Auto with 6 airbags and have not been able to finalize one. MG Hector Petrol DCT wasn't that convincing to ride, Seltos GTX Auto OTR of 19.23 L is not justifiable. Coming from XUV family, real estate is also important. I might mostly cancel my pre-booking, but at least first let me take a TD and then take a call.
I am in the same XUV as well.

However, I have already sold my XUV a few months back after running it to more than 1 lakh KM. if I had not own the XUV already, and was coming from a segment lower, would have definitely got tempted to buy it! But, given I had already for me this time I wanted something more premium! However, XUV did spoil me for real-state and to have a loaded car with safety and other equipment in a VFM package.

I had booked the XUV on the 2nd day of its launch, where subsequently the bookings were put on hold. Same was the case this time with the Hector

I had also booked the Seltos GTX+ DCT, but it does not trump the Hector for me on many levels.

Now eagerly awaiting for the delivery of Hector, hopefully before the end of August! Fingers crossed.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:51   #2188
BHPian

Price list for Navi Mumbai
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia1.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia2a.jpg  

Pulse500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:53   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
Seltos on road prices at Bangalore, as received from my sales POC.
Wait, just 2 posts above this post there is a price list, and comparing both the price lists the Epitome Automobiles' prices are 20-30K more expensive!

What is that 'Basic Kit' which is charged at around 8k by this particular dealer? And how come the Seltos can run just fine without this basic kit from another dealer?

Now that the court has deemed that handling charges are illegal, is Basic Kit the reworded Handling Charges?
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:01   #2190

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Wait, just 2 posts above this post there is a price list, and comparing both the price lists the Epitome Automobiles' prices are 20-30K more expensive!
My list is from VST Central Palace cross road
lonsharim is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed