Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:06   #2056
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Well. So much for all the talks about "power to surprise" and "aggressive pricing". This is Creta level pricing and hence Creta level overpricing. And absolutely no surprises.
Thanks for making that excellent point. Creta has been over priced all along, not considering the fact that it sells so much due to lack of another alternative. But everyone seems to have taken it's price as the new normal.
drmohitg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:07   #2057
BHPian

The Hector doesn't have BS6 engines so some premium in Seltos is offset by that. Size and road presence, off course no match. Also the 2L engine.

Kia definitely is hoping for a Creta repeat.
Logan2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:11   #2058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
This is Creta level pricing and hence Creta level overpricing. And absolutely no surprises.
Given that Creta sells, this will also sell. But, it is not really disruptive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Thanks for making that excellent point. Creta has been over priced all along, not considering the fact that it sells so much due to lack of another alternative. But everyone seems to have taken it's price as the new normal.
The points are right. But then - look at the Creta's competition. Cars like the Safari Storme, Scorpio & XUV500 are priced just under - equal - and even way over the prices of Creta's trims in their own various trims. Agreed they are larger. But simply look at the kit on offer, the quality, the finish & the practicality of the car. These cars should be costly only if the price is only a function of "weight of steel".

1 look & test drive of those cars makes the Creta look worth the money spent. Its priced high no doubt - but it brings more bang for the buck compared to similarly priced cars.

That reflects in the sales numbers of these cars immediately. Customers aren't all stupid to just blindly pay more for a brand.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd August 2019 at 14:12.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:11   #2059
Senior - BHPian

The top spec Kia will breach the 20L barrier in Bangalore A lot of sales will be driven by the base and mid variant like the Creta. Seltos along with Venue look potent enough to destroy Creta's dominance. I don't the experience, but the dealerships look too bland.
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:11   #2060
BHPian

Pricing is at par and as per Creta. But Kia offers more value when compared to Creta.
Sales volumes will stay within the family but customers get an updated car with almost the same dimensions as the Creta with loads of features, higher fit & finish, newer updated engines, new transmissions.
Considering all those I feel Kia has handsomely priced the Seltos. Besides in a couple of years Seltos would gain all the volume lost by the Creta until the new gen Creta arrives.

Last edited by deepjaju : 22nd August 2019 at 14:14.
deepjaju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:13   #2061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
How does the same equipment cost as much as 1.2Lakhs for a diesel
Price difference between HTE & HTK:
Petrol = 30,000/-
Diesel = 1,20,000/-
Difference between HTK and HTK+ is more than 2L. If the rear windshield washer, wiper, defogger is available in HTK then it would be the most economical variant to go with. Hope manufacturers considers these as standard safety features.

Price difference between base and top end variant is really huge and potential customers will really have to think spending the extra amount for the features provided.

Can someone enlighten which variant is getting the additional airbags?
vDragon3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:25   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ask anyone who has a Hyundai in India and they'll disagree. Hyundai has come a long way & they are good in engineering. No doubt about it.

Anyway - my point was totally different than what you took it for. I meant KIA can boast of "originality" in pedigree while people always argue "MG = Chienese product with Korean basics & British logo slapped on".
That was the point.

Hyundai/KIA engineering I will rate as better than GM-Daewoo. We have seen products from both.

No point in arguing since its only a matter of perception of individuals, however Hyundai is only known for decently reliable, they have not engineered anything exceptional at all when compared to something like Cruze.

Also, ofcourse awaiting further reviews from more reliable sources like T-BHP, however again personally to me Hector's build quality and showroom quality oozed of premiumness, whereas Seltos seems to be run of the mill average car to me.
sandhyab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:28   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I don't know about the AT as I have not driven it. But if you want the sheer joy of driving a poweful torquee diesel engine - go for the 1.6 CRDi Creta. Sheer pleasure.
Also would suggest to drive the Hexa AT.

I have driven Creta AT and Hexa AT, Creta stands nowhere near Hexa in peppyness, driving pleasure and comfort, if you are focusing only on the driving pleasure part of it.
dadu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:29   #2064
BHPian

Here's the brochure for the Seltos:

Kia Seltos Brochure.PDF
Torque_Curve is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:33   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
The Hector doesn't have BS6 engines so some premium in Seltos is offset by that. Size and road presence, off course no match. Also the 2L engine.
I wrote it in Hector Thread and let me write it again here.

That 2.0L Diesel engine, borrowed from Fiat, is already BS-VI compliant.

Think the reason why they are still selling it as BS-IV compliant maybe because

(a) the 1.5 Turbo Petrol may not be BS-VI compliant even though Diesel is already compliant; and

(b) They want to ensure to have the opportunity for price increase as they are giving out BS-VI compliant car in BS-IV sales market and thus have reduced the price to remain competitive against existing players who all are selling BS-IV right now.
anu21v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:35   #2066
BHPian

The helpful price chart from Autocar that puts everything in good perspective.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiapricechart.jpg

Last edited by dksv : 22nd August 2019 at 14:40. Reason: Perspective
dksv is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:38   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Pricing is at par and as per Creta. But Kia offers more value when compared to Creta.
I think it will keep looking like VFM till the time someone questions KIA on NCAP Ratings (I know its not applicable for India but Still Tata Announced it for Nexon). my personal opinion but thats where all the VFM-ness comes from.

Gladly Hector Hasn't compromised on Structure, and I hope even Seltos hasn't compromised on that.

Someone should put the KERB weight alongside the dimensional comparison to put this thing in perspective.
anu21v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:46   #2068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
The helpful price chart from Autocar that puts everything in good perspective.

Attachment 1907847
Good one. Thanks for this.

If Autocar doesn't remove the Duster from such lists - there are going to be jokes & memes about ACI going viral on Twitter & whatsapp for this insistance on including a Duster in comparisons.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd August 2019 at 14:48.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:52   #2069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
I wrote it in Hector Thread and let me write it again here.

That 2.0L Diesel engine, borrowed from Fiat, is already BS-VI compliant.
Not correct. The Jeep Compass is BS6 ready, but not BS6 compliant. The difference is that the BS6 compliant engine (which Jeep currently offers only in the Trailhawk version ) has the AdBlue tank and also different exhaust system which makes it BS6 Compliant. All other Compass diesel variants are not having this system. BS6 ready means they have a Bs4 engine which can run on Bs6 fuel without issues. When Jeep uogrades all its engines to Bs6 compliant, there will also be a cost increase passed on to customers.
The engine in the Hector (currently) is also the Bs4 version of the Compass engine, but will be changed to Bs6 by next year.
In the Seltos, both the petrol and diesel engines are BS6 compliant from day One (now)
Behemoth is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:55   #2070

I had pre booked the Seltos, but I'm having second thoughts over the pricing, the new Elantra face lift is coming mid September, the auto version will be priced along similar lines on the GTX+ DCT, moving to a higher segment may be a better choice than buying the top end Seltos at the moment.
autoenthu88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks