Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 10:39   #871
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Received some snaps from a SA at Kia
In the last picture, steering has GT badge but doesn't have the red stitches. The ACC display also looks different (better) than the one in Seltos Regional Leaflet that was shared previously in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
I have a doubt whether the 10.25" is exclusively offered only with the 8 speaker bose unit.
The primary purpose of the big screen is to support the 360 degree camera. Don't need such big screen for no other practical purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
This is the base petrol model. The red finishing might be given before delivering, not really sure if they are decals used in GT- lines or its painted in the factory.
Don't think a base variant will ever be offered with an automatic gearbox, this will go against the idea of keeping entry price low. Petrol MT base variant is the only way they can keep the starting price below 10L if they intend to do so. If the red stripes around the car are decals, that will be a cheap way to giving that holy sporty look.

In short, it is only confusion and chaos that all these leaks present us before Kia opens up.

Last edited by X-Factor : 15th July 2019 at 10:54.
Old 15th July 2019, 10:52   #872
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Showrooms in Mumbai will be at Malad, and Andheri. And the third is in Thane.

Got the following message

Shreenath Kia is proud to announce the launch of the all new Kia SELTOS. Bookings begin from 16th of July, 2019. Stay tuned for further updates! Showrooms at Andheri / Malad / Thane; for more details call - +917878822999
Visit www.shreenath-kia.in
SnS_12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 11:08   #873
BHPian

A Kia Showroom is coming up near Hoodi in Whitefield Bangalore. Look like the dealer, Epitome has made the google maps entry https://g.page/KiaWhitefield?share. Btw, this seems to be a new dealer, I have never heard this car dealer name in Bangalore.
This happens to be very near to my home so I could easily get a chance to check it out when it's launched
Old 15th July 2019, 11:43   #874
BHPian

Just got off the conversation with my sales rep and he says that the cars will arrive at the showroom by 22 July. he did not confirm if they will be available for a test drive . I think logically thinking kia should announce the variant break up this week if the cars start arriving dealerships next week.

Also, I do not see online booking open yet. Let's see how it shapes up.
Old 15th July 2019, 13:41   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
A Kia Showroom is coming up near Hoodi in Whitefield Bangalore. Look like the dealer, Epitome has made the google maps entry https://g.page/KiaWhitefield?share. Btw, this seems to be a new dealer, I have never heard this car dealer name in Bangalore.
This happens to be very near to my home so I could easily get a chance to check it out when it's launched
Ditto with Taapasi at Kalyannagar ORR. Newbie and going slow on the build out.
The best pre engagement I've received is from Advaith and JSP so far.

Last edited by DASKD24 : 15th July 2019 at 13:41. Reason: Typo
Old 15th July 2019, 14:21   #876
BHPian

On Palace cross, Bangalore, the old Metro Ford showroom is under renovation and is now a KIA showroom. I had picked my Ford Fiesta from Metro Ford back in 2009. Maybe in 2021 I pick up a Seltos from here.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 14:34   #877
BHPian

First drive report of Seltos from Autocar:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...k-drive-413430

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos-1.jpg

Carewale's report on Uvo connect features. Looks a bit confusing though:
https://www.carwale.com/news/kia-sel...ures-revealed/

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 15th July 2019 at 14:37.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 14:39   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Same with me, I live on ITPL Road and this is the closest. I am dreading visiting JSP Kia in ORR which is bang above the underpass and notorious for traffic snarls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post
The best pre engagement I've received is from Advaith and JSP so far.
Havent spoken to Advaith but I did speak to JSP last week and they were very professional and cordial; was frank in admitting they dont know the variant wise feature list and advised it is best to wait till Kia announces rather than misguiding.

Apparently Epitome and JSP are accepting pre-booking with cheques of Rs. 25k.
Old 15th July 2019, 14:46   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Also, I do not see online booking open yet. Let's see how it shapes up.
Kia Motors said the bookings would commence online as well as on its 206 sales points in the country from 16 July.
Old 15th July 2019, 15:25   #880

Guys,

I'm very interested in Booking the Kia Seltos top of the line GTX+/HTX+

But The variant and features list has gotten me utterly confused and need your expert opinion/advice on how to move ahead..

As per my requirements automatic transmission is a must, that's one feature I'm looking forward to in my next car. Also my monthly running is expected to be <1000Kms as I mostly work from home and have a relatively small commute otherwise so running cost and fuel economy aren't my primary concerns. As a result I'm more inclined towards the 1.4 L GDI Turbo petrol motor + DCT combination. But disappointed to know KIA doesn't offer this combination in the top of the line trim GTX+ variants.

GTX DCT on the other hand misses out on Sunroof, 360 Camera, Ventilated seats (Good to have feature here in NCR), 8 Way driver seat, Front parking sensors etc some of which were the primary reasons for me to zero down on KIA Seltos in particular

Now I'm a dilemma to choose between the fully loaded HTX+ (1.5 Diesel with the 6 speed Torque Converter) or the GTX (1.4GDI + DCT minus the Sunroof, 360 Cam and other Goodies). Performance wise I expect the Diesel to be close to the GDI DCT with the extra torque and 6AT Torque converter should also do a decent job if not as good as the DCT.

My Expected Usage including the highway trips is probably 10,000 Kms per year doesn't warrant a Diesel plus the Govt's attitude towards Diesel cars in general and 10year rule plus higher road taxes don't make up for a compelling case.

I expect the 1.5 Diesel 6AT HTX+ and 1.4GDI DCT GTX to be similarly priced within a range of 80-90K. If KIA offered DCT on the GTX+ it'd been a no brainer for me and I'd simply gone for it without comparing with the Diesel AT variant, it's the perceived lack of features in GTX DCT which has led to Diesel 6AT HTX+ gaining my attention

Neither do I wish to miss upon some good features nor am I very excited with prospects of buying a new Diesel car given the 10Year rule in NCR which is also expected to be adopted by other states.
Need your opinions/inputs on which variant should I choose or which variant would you guys rather choose had you been in my situation and more importantly why?

TIA

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th July 2019 at 21:17. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Thanks.
manu0080 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 15:53   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
First drive report of Seltos from Autocar:
Review of the diesel says torque comes into play as low as 1200rpm. That means it will have great driveability with minimal turbo lag

I think its almost Ford TDCi like in this aspect.
Old 15th July 2019, 16:10   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu0080 View Post
Neither do I wish to miss upon some good features nor am I very excited with prospects of buying a new Diesel car given the 10Year rule in NCR which is also expected to be adopted by other states.
Need your opinions/inputs on which variant should I choose or which variant would you guys rather choose had you been in my situation and more importantly why

TIA
I am in a similar situation and in fact I was about to pre-book the car before it was confirmed that the top of the line turbo petrol variant will not have an AT (DCT).
I am going to wait till the launch and check how sluggish the diesel AT is going to be. If you are thinking about keeping the car for 5-6 years, the 'probable diesel ban' should not impact much.
I also have a feeling that they are going to bring this top end DCT variant after 6 months.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 16:13   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Same with me, I live on ITPL Road and this is the closest. I am dreading visiting JSP Kia in ORR which is bang above the underpass and notorious for traffic snarls

Havent spoken to Advaith but I did speak to JSP last week and they were very professional and cordial; was frank in admitting they dont know the variant wise feature list and advised it is best to wait till Kia announces rather than misguiding.

Apparently Epitome and JSP are accepting pre-booking with cheques of Rs. 25k.
JSP is ~500m from office and Epitome similar from home but I find it easy to go visit JSP.

Today he told me the launch is on August 3rd and cars will also be available in showroom only then. He said its postponed from July 22nd as showrooms are not ready in North India.
Old 15th July 2019, 17:01   #884
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos launch on Aug 22, 2019; bookings open Jul 16

Kia Motors has said that pre-bookings for the Seltos will open on July 16, 2019. Customers can place their orders on Kia's website and through the dealerships. The booking amount is set at Rs. 25,000. The SUV will be launched on August 22.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosexterior163118.jpg

The Kia Seltos will be offered in two trims - GT Line and Tech Line, and three engine options, which include a 1.5-litre petrol, 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. Transmission options will include 6-speed manual and automatic, IVT and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic. The SUV has three driving modes - Sports, Normal and Eco and three traction modes - Mud, Snow / Wet and Sand.

The Seltos features a tiger nose grille at the front flanked by LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights. It rides on 17-inch crystal cut alloy wheels and has 14-inch and 16-inch brake discs at the rear and front and respectively. The GT Line trim comes with red brake calipers and red accents on the side cladding.

On the inside, the Seltos comes with ambient lighting, leatherette seats (GT Line gets Sports seats), ventilated front seats, 2-step reclining rear seats, flat-bottom steering wheel, sun shade curtains, tyre pressure monitoring system among other features. It has a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, navigation and UVO connect features. The SUV is also equipped with a 400-watt, 8 speaker Bose audio system and a 7-inch MID.

Safety features offered on the car include VSM (Vehicle Stability Management), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Front and Rear Parking Sensors, ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System), BAS (Break Force Assist System) and HAC (Hill-start Assist Control), 6 airbags and Isofix child seat anchor.

The Kia Seltos will be offered in 8 monotone colour options - Intense Red, Aurora Black Pearl, Glacier White Pearl, Punchy Orange, Intelligency Blue, Gravity Gray, Steel Silver and Clear White. It also gets 5 dual-tone colour options - Intense Red with Aurora Black Pearl, Steel Silver with Aurora Black Pearl, Glacier White Pearl with Aurora Black Pearl, Steel Silver with Punchy Orange and Glacier White Pearl with Punchy Orange.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Vid6639 : 15th July 2019 at 22:16. Reason: editing as per corrigendum
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 17:22   #885
BHPian

Just got a call from Kia Baner. The sales person asked me not to wait for booking option online as there will a small deduction in case one cancels the booking and instead do NEFT. I am looking at the base Variant as i dont need too many features. He shared specs and feature sheet. I havent seen this one in the forum.

Apologies if the same has been already uploaded somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190715wa0011.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190715wa0010.jpg  

psbali is offline   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks