Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2018, 12:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Isuzu MU-X now comes with 5-year warranty & service plan

Isuzu MU-X now comes with 5secure - a 5-year comprehensive warranty and 5-year periodic maintenance plan. The '5secure' offer is available to all new MU-X customers for no extra cost. The offer is valid till March 31, 2018.

Isuzu MU-X now comes with 5-year warranty & service plan-mux.jpg

As part of 5secure, Isuzu is offering a 5-year / 1,50,000 km comprehensive warranty over and above the standard warranty of 3 years / 1,00,000 km. The period maintenance is free for up to 5 years / 1,50,000 km, which includes spare parts, lubricants and labour costs. Replacement of parts damaged due to wear and tear or accidental repairs are not covered under this.

The Isuzu MU-X was launched in May 2017. The SUV is based on a ladder-frame chassis and is powered by a 3.0-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine that produces 174 BHP @ 3,600 rpm and peak torque of 380 Nm @ 1,800-2,800 rpm. The MU-X is offered with a 5-speed automatic gearbox with sequential shift and low range. The 4X4 system can be engaged on the fly using the "Terrain Command" control. Some of the standard safety features offered on the MU-X include dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, ESC, traction control, hill start assist and 3 ISOFIX child seat anchor points among others.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 13:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Isuzu MU-X now comes with 5-year warranty & service plan

Must be based on inputs from BMW Dealerships who also own Isuzu Dealerships

Instead of this all-inclusive package, they should have probably reduced prices. Heard they are still sitting on 2017 stocks and there are some additional cash discounts and free insurance offers. This would have been a sure hit had they priced it competitively like V-Cross.
Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 14:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Must be based on inputs from BMW Dealerships who also own Isuzu Dealerships

Instead of this all-inclusive package, they should have probably reduced prices. Heard they are still sitting on 2017 stocks and there are some additional cash discounts and free insurance offers. This would have been a sure hit had they priced it competitively like V-Cross.
What is the point in offering all these packages when they don't have enough presence. They are in no mood for expanding their dealer network. While VCross is good, MUX is outdated and as you mentioned should have been priced atleast 2-3 lakhs lower.
Old 6th February 2018, 14:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have my heart set on this one but she comes at OTR of about 32L for 4x4 version in Mumbai whereas V-Cross (HIGH) costs almost half at 19L.
why ISUZU why!!!

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 18:52   #5
BHPian

This is actually a good time to buy the MUX. I enquired with a Delhi NCR dealer and was offered flat Rs 2.8 Lakhs off the ex show room price, along with the above free service packs. Vehicle being offered was a late 2017 model. At these kind of prices, i.e. 24 Lakhs ex showroom for 4x4 variant, the MUX does make for a reasonable buy.
nvldvr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 20:29   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Instead of this all-inclusive package, they should have probably reduced prices.
Or add more kit and put the latest generation power train etc. So they claim to be 5 lakhs cheaper than the 4x4 Fortuner or 4x4 Endeavour but the MUX is stripped bare for a 30+ lakh car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
costs almost half at 19L.
why ISUZU why!!!
Huge disparity between VCross and MUX. Don't understand why there should be so much difference even if you factor in the additional sheet metal and automatic gearbox. The 3.0 is an older generation engine anyways.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 12:06   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The MU-X was destined to fail, and this new package won't make much of a difference.

But it always takes one manufacturer's move for the others to sit up & notice. I'm a big fan of long warranties & all-inclusive service plans. They greatly simplify the ownership experience. Here's hoping that such introductions lead to everyone offering longer standard warranties & service plans. In the USA, packages of 5+ years are pretty common.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 13:43   #8
BHPian

I think this is a great move by Isuzu to offer 5 year warranty+service package.

The thing is most of the prospective buyers think about after sales of these relatively unknown brands more than anything else. For a lot of buyers, even if they like the car they would not buy it due to after sales experience.
This 5 years warranty helps a lot to allay such fear and while Isuzu has not been ramping up rapidly, this move is great to attract some customers. Even Chevy had good traction back when they introduced their 3 year package.

At the same time, they need to make their service centres more customer friendly and inviting.
Old 25th June 2018, 21:15   #9

I was about to book MUX, but, due to uninterested sales persons (i had to followup every time, and check what happened, when will i get a TD, vehicle feature , offer etc). None of the calls were initiated from dealer end (Chennai - Kun Isuzu). Hence dropped the plan, and booked a Tiguan instead. The interesting part is, It is Kun VW - the same dealer, but how different their approach is...?!

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th June 2018 at 21:16. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.
Old 25th June 2018, 21:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorthyms View Post
... and booked a Tiguan instead. The interesting part is, It is Kun VW - the same dealer, but how different their approach is...?!
Congratulations on getting Tiguan.
How much is the OTR in Chennai and any offers going on?

Prem.
Old 25th June 2018, 21:44   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Congratulations on getting Tiguan.
How much is the OTR in Chennai and any offers going on?

Prem.
Yes,

The comfort variant is 30 L (On road) if we demand - from 33.x L On road - they give only Insurance free.
moorthyms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 19:06   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorthyms View Post
I was about to book MUX, but, due to uninterested sales persons

Poor guys have completely lost hope. I went there for a test drive and you there was a sales guy who wouldn't let me ask any questions and kept talking non-stop. I was trying to check out the middle row and he almost pushes me aside and tells that best way to sit is to fold the middle row and sit in the third row. He tells me that he will show me how. He then proceeds to double fold the middle row. Climb in into the third row and put his dirty shoes on top of the middle row seat. Then he tells me that this is they way to sit in the MUX . I left that place in disgust thinking how they are hoping to sell cars with this chap in sales.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 20:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

South-east Asia region seems to get updated version of this truck, while we get the same old model from almost a decade back. Latest version with good service can easily steal numbers from Toyota, this model has little hope.

Most Viewed