Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2018, 12:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

All Mahindra TUV300 variants now get 100 BHP engine

In September 2017, Mahindra introduced the mHawk100 diesel engine in the T10 variant of the TUV300. Later, the 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder diesel engine was made available in the T8 variant as well. Now, this engine has been made standard across all variants of the TUV300 namely, T4+ and T6+ in addition to the T8, T8 AMT, T10 and T10 AMT. The T4+ with the mHawk100 engine is priced at Rs. 8,02 lakh, while the T6+ costs Rs. 8.59 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

All Mahindra TUV300 variants now get 100 BHP engine-tuv30006.jpg

The 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder mHawk100 diesel engine with a 2-stage turbocharger produces 100 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 240 Nm of torque @ 1,600-2,800 rpm. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard across the range while the T8 AMT and T10 AMT variants get a 5-speed automated manual transmission. The T6+, T8 and T10 variants are equipped with an engine start/stop system.

In terms of styling, the T6+ comes with body-coloured door handles, bumpers and ORVMs. The T4+ and T6+ variants ride on 15-inch steel wheels shod with 215/75 section tyres with the T6+ getting wheel caps. On the inside, the T6+ gets a 2-DIN audio infotainment system with the Mahindra Blue Sense mobile app. Safety features such as ABS with EBD, dual airbags and ISOFIX child seat anchors are standard across all variants. Additionally, the T6+ gets an anti-theft warning system.

Mahindra is offering the TUV300 in two dual-tone colour options - Red & Black and Silver & Black. Other colour choices include Bold Black, Majestic Silver, Dynamo Red, Molten Orange and Pearl White. The company is also offering customisation options such as the Endurance Kit and Luxury Edition Kit.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 14:10   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: All Mahindra TUV300 variants now get 100 BHP engine

I'd like to call out fellow BHP-ian Pious_Devil for getting us this scoop of sorts in Mid-January, way before most media outlets and people even knew about it:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4338950

Around Jan 20th, I had done a follow-up on this news shared by Pious_Devil and checked with my local M&M dealership and it was news to them! They happened to receive an e-mail confirming this from M&M, the day after I asked them about it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4340406

Of course, he got it from a dealership. But the fact that he noticed the unadvertised, unannounced change in listing by M&M deserves a special mention.

Last edited by locusjag : 6th February 2018 at 14:15. Reason: setting a fact straight
locusjag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 14:30   #3
BHPian

I cannot believe they are still selling the AMT in this vehicle. The car is superb to drive even at 80ish bhp, but AMT sucks big time. In 2 years I had 2 break downs and around 12 visits to the workshop to fix AMT related issues.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 6th February 2018 at 14:30. Reason: Typo
TaurusAl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 15:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
...AMT sucks big time. In 2 years I had 2 break downs and around 12 visits to the workshop to fix AMT related issues.
That means a visit to the service center in every 2 months! How can a person live with that! How can a company make customers suffer like this?

May be, M&M will be thinking that all Indians especially the TUV AMT owners are the members of the big M&M family and are supposed to feel the "smooth" and "bumpy" rides equally. By the way, are they giving any monthly salary for TUV AMT owners for doing the durability testing on M&M's behalf?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 6th February 2018 at 15:29.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 15:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
That means a visit to the service center in every 2 months! How can a person live with that! How can a company make customers suffer like this?
Yes I did suffer due to AMT, but I have high regards for the company Mahindra. Every complaint was taken seriously and they tried their best to close it and make me comfortable. I doubt hardly any car maker will go to lengths that they went to. But the product is so faulty that they just cant fix it. The R&D team of Mahindra needs to be pulled up for this.
TaurusAl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:12   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Finally, sensibility prevails! The TUV300 is a good SUV and this 100 BHP engine should have been standard from day 1. I hate it when manufacturers differentiate between variants like this. But while Mahindra has corrected the TUV300's lineup, they've gone ahead & launched the Scorpio in 120 / 140 BHP variants . Not like the 120 BHP Scorpio S5 is cheap either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I'd like to call out fellow BHP-ian Pious_Devil...Of course, he got it from a dealership. But the fact that he noticed the unadvertised, unannounced change in listing by M&M deserves a special mention.
You bet - thank you! In the future, request to please use the 'report this post to a Moderator' feature to bring such posts to our attention. If we knew it then, we would have put it up on our news (with due credit to Pious_Devil of course). With such a huge volume of posts, its impossible for us to read each & every post now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
The car is superb to drive even at 80ish bhp, but AMT sucks big time.
As a Mahindra owner of 21 years, if there is one thing I've learnt about the brand, it's this = Whenever Mahindra launches a new technology, don't buy it for 2 - 3 years. Else, you're unofficially part of the factory's testing team!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks