Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2018, 16:07   #76
BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
Hyundai need to sort out the braking issue and add paddle shifters to the automatic variant. That would be ideal and more important than a cruise control IMO.
yes fixing the braking issue is a must. This is a big sore point and somehow making me very skeptical about Creta. I have test driven both top end petrol AT Verna and Creta. Braking is definitely a big concern. I drive daily in bumper to bumper traffic 30 kms total and efficient braking is a must. Also, the stories about the unreliable(badly designed?) ABS wherein the brakes have failed to work which led to people maneuvering their way out to save their skin scares me.

I would indeed prefer to have both paddle shifters and cruise control(City, Yaris AT have those!). Being a spirited driver, I will prefer to shift to manual when needed. I am keen on AT only for the sake of convenience in city driving.

also, they must add some basic missing features like auto-folding mirrors, powered seats for the top end variant at this cost

I test drove the top end AT Yaris recently. It's feature packed. Only negatives for me: exterior looks, engine(found city/verna more spirited probably).
Old 5th May 2018, 17:15   #77
BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

My Dealer has confirmed that facelift indeed going to launch this month end. Training is yet to start for them. I took the test drives of both manual and auto. Brakes are really big concern for me. There is no initial bite. This heavy car needs good brake. I really hope Hyundai will address in facelift variant.
Only thing is stopping me to book Creta is brakes. As per Sales guy there is no issue with brakes and I don't know how to drive SUV(sorry crossover) with ABS.
Old 7th May 2018, 19:20   #78
BHPian

Initial feedback from the training sessions that I happened to hear about. Only passing on what I have heard.
  • Hyundai to increase number of petrol manual variants (4) and reduce diesel variants. No more (O) variants. likely to be E S SX SX+
  • Sunroof on the top variant SX+
  • No ventilated seats Would have been a clear differentiator!
  • 6 airbags expected in all but base variants
  • Wearable smart key and app connect on top variant SX+
  • Expect a price hike of 20k ish but not confirmed

1.4 diesel will be available, whether price will be hiked, SA was not sure. I could not catch clearly the other updates.

Expected launch date 26 may. Demo cars should be available 5th June I think
clementj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 20:21   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
  • 6 airbags expected in all but base variants
Wow..a good move by Hyundai. They should have set the benchmark with Verna. Now they are learning from Yaris.
Old 7th May 2018, 20:37   #80
BHPian

Skipping ventilated seats is just petty business. Creta sells at a premium over Verna despite the new Verna based on Elantra's platform and Creta on i20's. Milking the monopoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Wow..a good move by Hyundai. They should have set the benchmark with Verna. Now they are learning from Yaris.
Unlikely since Creta has been under the lens since over 6months and Yaris was announced recently.
Old 8th May 2018, 19:23   #81
BHPian

I heard from the Pune dealer that the specification/feature list would be known by 10th May. Will contact them on 10th May to see what's cooking.
Old 8th May 2018, 20:26   #82
BHPian

Last I checked in 2016, Creta didn't even have speed sensing auto door lock without adding a third party OBD device. I found that abominable for a 12L-15L+ OTR car at that time. Has that been added now at least in the facelift?
Old 9th May 2018, 05:37   #83
BANNED

List of features for the facelift Creta.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-fb_img_1525823905797.jpg

SOURCE: Hyundai Creta FB group

Hyundai Creta facelift gets Smart Key Band & power driver’s seat.

Quote:
The Smart Key Band is a wearable similar to the recently launched Tata Nexon AMT’s wearable PEPS Key. It would allow the driver to use the SUV’s key as a wristband and easily unlock the doors. The 2018 Hyundai Creta will feature 6-way power driver’s seat as well. Two more convenience features arriving with the MY2018 update are a ‘Smart Electric Sunroof’ and cruise control.
SOURCE: IAB

Originally both these were posted in the Hyundai Creta FB group. Posting it for all.
a4anurag is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 06:45   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

SOURCE: Hyundai Creta FB group
I was looking at safety features, especially 6 airbags, and this list contradicts what has been in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4396902.

I would be surprised if Hyundai still continues to not provide 6 airbags in automatic variants.
Old 9th May 2018, 06:47   #85
BHPian

Quote:
SOURCE: IAB

Originally both these were posted in the Hyundai Creta FB group. Posting it for all.
Thanks for this. There are quite a few features under the SX variant (for example sunroof etc) in which it is stated as ‘auto’. Would you by any chance know what this means? Does it mean that the spedivi feature would be available in the automatic SX version and not the manual?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th May 2018 at 07:02. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags. Thanks.
Old 9th May 2018, 11:23   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuveerk View Post
There are quite a few features under the SX variant (for example sunroof etc) in which it is stated as ‘auto’. Would you by any chance know what this means? Does it mean that the specified feature would be available in the automatic SX version and not the manual?
You are right, from the looks of it that seems to be the case.

I think they are focusing on SX Auto variant, as it has got Sunroof (I believe sunshade to be manual sliding and glass sliding auto), ISOFIX seats, Autolink (I don't know what that means) and 17 inch alloy wheels as additional features over equivalent SX manual variant.

My guess is, SX Auto to be priced in similar ballpark of SX(O) manual.

Last edited by varunswnt : 9th May 2018 at 11:28. Reason: Typos
Old 9th May 2018, 11:23   #87
BHPian

Quote:

Surely the petrol automatic is going to touch 16 lacs OTR with all these increased features and is going to be very close to Compass prices.
Old 9th May 2018, 11:47   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
  • Wearable smart key and app connect on top variant SX+
Confirmed.
Sharing the PlayStore link
Old 9th May 2018, 14:24   #89
BHPian

The Marina blue shade has been available in Russia for some time. Image attached below. The Passion orange seems to be a new India specific launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-marina-blue.jpeg  

Silverfire is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 14:29   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
Surely the petrol automatic is going to touch 16 lacs OTR with all these increased features and is going to be very close to Compass prices.
Compass AT costs north of 24 Lakhs in Bangalore. I dont think if someone has decided on AT, will go for manual Compass.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks