Voters: 2387. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2017, 16:02   #346
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Goes to show that we're still quite a forgiving market - given this is Fiat's 4th successful opening in the market (Uno, Palio, Linea, and now Compass)
I have my share of doubts as to how many people who walk in to the Jeep showrooms know that what they are seeing is actually a Fiat in Jeep's clothing. However, the fact that they have forgiven Fiat's inconsistent service and support in the past is encouraging. To me this whole Jeep success thing has been a little confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Undoubtedly, Manufacturer of the year seems to be Tata.
I was about to mention that in my previous post, but then realized that only Jeep Compass got more votes than all three cars from Tata.
devansn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 16:10   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
I have my share of doubts as to how many people who walk in to the Jeep showrooms know that what they are seeing is actually a Fiat in Jeep's clothing. However, the fact that they have forgiven Fiat's inconsistent service and support in the past is encouraging. To me this whole Jeep success thing has been a little confusing.

I was about to mention that in my previous post, but then realized that only Jeep Compass got more votes than all three cars from Tata.
Well in Mumbai - Fiat, Abarth, and Jeep share showrooms. I don't expect it to be different in other cities barring a few exceptions. So I'd expect the customer to be aware of the tie up between Fiat and Jeep.

Regarding manufacturer - the Jeep Compass has gotten more votes as a vehicle, but Tata has 2 products in the Top 5 (with the Tigor coming in 6th place) - that is very impressive for them especially given that the Tigor is based on the Tiago which was launched earlier and thus a little old in the market in a sense - compared to the Verna and the Dzire which are completely fresh products.
Old 28th December 2017, 16:23   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
To me this whole Jeep success thing has been a little confusing.
Let me tell you the fact: All good-looking cars in India have their chances open to win the customers.

All the following cars are super hits in Indian market, and that can be attributed to their (SUV'ish?) looks also. There is something in their looks that pull your heart.

Duster, Ecosport, Fortuner, Kwid, Brezza, Creta, Nexon. Compass is another one in this list.

The following cars were average / flops in Indian market, and that again can be attributed to their looks.

Ritz, SCross, Estilo, A-Star, Brio, Jazz, Lodgy, Ignis, Etios, Xylo, Quanto, Nuvosporto, Liva, Amaze.

But yes, there are aberrations in both the lists - like Celerio, Alto 800, Punto etc.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 28th December 2017 at 16:53.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 17:14   #349
BHPian

1. Jeep
2. Tata
3. Tata
2017: The year of the underdogs
From the Top 3, one can see that the Indian market is not all that complicated: boldly styled SUVs with VFM pricing, the formula is pretty simple.
Old 28th December 2017, 17:49   #350
BHPian

I thought jeep did a great marketing campaign initially. Initial CBU models established Jeep as a pricey brand.The compass team then focused on generating interest for this product and also the pricing. Contests to predict pricing etc. were all part of this. They cleverly used various online/offline media properties including teambhp to highlight the driver involvement and the brand aspect of the compass without focusing on aspects like smaller size, the percieved quality issues of Jeep in the US etc. Clearly the marketing battle has been won. The next one year will be key for Compass from a market domination perspective. They have to manage the niggles since word of mouth is going to be key. The initial indications are not promising !!
Old 28th December 2017, 20:44   #351
Senior - BHPian

Although I voted for the Compass and happy for it being crowned the Team BHP car of the year, it is also mighty pleasing to see the Hexa right up there! I still cannot get over my test drive of the Hexa, which was incidentally for a colleague, it was just mind blowing. I have travelled quite a bit in the old gen Innova and also the new crysta, but the Hexa is very very good even in front of the new crysta! The crysta does not feel like a 25 lakh car! On the other hand the Hexa feels a lot more than a 20 lakh car!
I eagerly wait for the new gen Tata SUVs which they are developing with JLR, if they get a 5 seater below the price of the Compass, with the same finesse of the Hexa, then I am buying one!
motorworks is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 09:03   #352
Team-BHP Support

43% for FCA and a 33.5 for Tata! Now thats a solid comeback by Tata. Just like FCA has its task cut out to make that one brilliant product click, Tata also has its task cut-out to get its brand equity up with solid sales support on these two wonderful products they had this year. Hope they continue on this resurgence.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 11:23   #353
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to Jeep Compass. Truly deserving I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[b]Now go out and take the utmost care of your 2-million-rupee customers. They've put a lot of faith in an unknown product, backed by a company with a damaged reputation.
These are the golden words! Jeep, keep that in mind. Indian public has shown faith in you despite their bad memories with FCA. It is time to prove they were not wrong in doing that.

A good product is half way through, to walk the whole mile you need to complement it with good after sales. Hope the good work done is not compromised and 'we' get even more such competent vehicles in the market!

Last edited by ajmat : 30th December 2017 at 11:52. Reason: Removing image
Old 30th December 2017, 11:47   #354
BHPian

No shocker to see Jeep Compass take the crown this year. Brilliant all round product launched at a great price.

It's heartening to see Tata Hexa and Nexon take the 2nd and 3rd position. Over the past 3 years Tata cars have been there at the top so Kudos to Tata for their effort.

Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2014 - Tata Zest
Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015 - Renault Kwid
Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2016 - Tata Tiago

Tata is on the right path and if they keep up this momentum, should see them become No.3 in passenger vehicle segment next year.
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:09   #355
BHPian

Well deserved COTY for the Jeep Compass!

Coming to Team-BHP COTY awards, I did a small analysis. Few observations:

1. Number of votes is hovering in the same range since the last 4 years:
Name:  Total Votes YoY.png
Views: 1984
Size:  15.5 KB

2. Highest share of voice win was for the XUV500 in 2011 with 57% of the votes. 2011 also had the highest gap between the winner & the second runner up, with the Verna having only 9.9% of the votes. Talk about a huge margin! The next biggest win was next year itself i.e. 2012 with Renault Duster having 53.49% of the votes.
Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass-percentage-winners.png

3. Tata as an OEM has clocked the highest OEM votes overall & 3 COTY titles for Nano, Zest & Tiago.
Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass-votes-oem.png

4. A lot of OEMs have 'one trick pony' models. Of the overall votes Mahindra has received, 87% were only for the XUV500. 60% in Renault for the Duster.
Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass-model-votes-oem.png

5. Looking at body types, no proper sedan till date has won Team-BHP COTY ever! If you combine SUV & compact SUV together, that's the winning category here, with 50% of the wins going to it.
Name:  Body Types.png
Views: 1968
Size:  80.7 KB

Regards,
Rohan
rohansachar is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 11:07   #356
BHPian

It is quite remarkable that the biggest seller in volumes could not get a product in top 3 of the most unbiased voting in the country.
Old 4th January 2018, 11:26   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
It is quite remarkable that the biggest seller in volumes could not get a product in top 3 of the most unbiased voting in the country.
Equally remarkable is the fact that the one with maximum number of votes and wins couldn't reach the 10% market share.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 4th January 2018 at 11:50.
Old 4th January 2018, 12:06   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Equally remarkable is the fact that the one with maximum number of votes and wins couldn't reach the 10% market share.
Are you referring to the model or the manufacturer? If you are referring to the model- most of the COTY have sold well in the market(Figo,XUV,Duster etc.) As a manufacturer Tata, Mahindra have had COTY's and both are among top 5 manufacturers in the country.
Old 8th January 2018, 08:43   #359
BHPian

Team-BHP COTY Featured in NewsPapers

Opened today morning's newspapers and was pleasantly surprised to see the Jeep Compass advertisement declaring it as Car of the Year (COTY) and guess which community was one of them called out as voted for Jeep as COTY? Team-BHP.

I am happy for our forum as this forum is one of THE BEST channels with an unbiased view for any car enthusiast, buyers and everyone else!

Great work Team-BHP!

Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass-image.png

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th January 2018 at 09:32. Reason: Removing snap of newspaper = copyrighted content. Replaced with epaper image. Thanks.
sudeepg is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 20:29   #360
Senior - BHPian

A pleasant surprise that Jeep has opted to call out the T-Bhp car of the year recognition! There are numerous websites,you tube automobile channels and many more in India today, but it shows the credibility and respect that T-Bhp has managed to garner over the years! Hats off to all the folks for the unbiased journalism! Proud to be part of the community!
motorworks is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks