Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2018, 17:58   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: The next-gen Hyundai Santro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I had a question. Going by this trend, what might this Santro look in future when more facelifts are made? Imagined it and sketched it quickly on my phone...

Attachment 1809142
Agree. Looks like they ran out of ideas and simply stretched the grill area. Grill to me symbolizes 'guzzling' aspect of a vehicle. It may be because, most of the sports cars and trucks with oversized engines have large, aggressive grills. Also in terms of the styling trends, grills are going to disappear soon (as all cars would go EV way) and the current IC engine powered cars should adopt cues in that direction.
Old 19th October 2018, 08:59   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The top-end Asta trim of the upcoming Santro in White shade. Received on WhatsApp.

Attachment 1809022[/center]
The interior picture itself shows why it should do well. At that price point no other car will provide that level of fit and finish.

I find the shape has a certain appeal while not being anything fabulous. There has clearly being some compromise towards practicality and function. A far cry from the ugly duckling looks of the previous model.

I think a lot of i10 owners will be seriously considering this if it meets the ask on space, engine refinement and mileage.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 09:04   #348
Senior - BHPian

The quoted Rushlane article states that all variants shall not be available in all colors. Following is the breakup:

Quote:
Exterior color options are also as per variant and are as given below –
1.1 MT Dlite – Start Dust, Polar White and Typhoon Silver
1.1 MT Era – Start Dust, Polar White, Typhoon Silver and Imperial Beige
1.1 MT Magna- Marina Blue, Fiery Red, Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Imperial Beige and Diana Green
1.1 MT CNG Magna- Star Dust, Marina Blue, Fiery Red, Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Imperial Beige and Diana Green
1.1 AMT Magna- Star Dust, Marina Blue, Fiery Red, Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Imperial Beige and Diana Green
1.1 MT Sportz- Star Dust, Marina Blue, Fiery Red, Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Imperial Beige and Diana Green
1.1 MT CNG Sportz- Star Dust, Marina Blue, Fiery Red, Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Imperial Beige and Diana Green
1.1 AMT Sportz- Star Dust, Marina Blue, Fiery Red, Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Imperial Beige and Diana Green
1.1 MT Asta- Star Dust, Marina Blue, Fiery Red, Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Imperial Beige and Diana Green
Also uses the teambhp pics - some with the watermark and some with the watermark cropped out.

https://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-san...-12284655.html
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 09:29   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Attachment 1809174
I doubt anyone has noticed, the Manual Gear system in AMT is in opposite direction from Maruti Cars. In Maruti AMT Cars, we need to push the lever forward to downshift and backwards to upshift. In Santro AMT it is vice versa.
Very few manufacturers have - upwards and + downwards. Maruti Suzuki, Renault and BMW are the only ones I've seen. Rest all have - downwards and + upwards which is logically correct too. Down for downshift up for upshifting. Volkswagen, Tata, Hyundai, Mahindra and Audi I've seen.
Similar to the indicator stalks, it's just a matter of getting used to. I drive 2 cars with both if these in opposite directions. Once in a blue moon I do mix them up but all times I do it right subconsciously.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 10:10   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Also uses the teambhp pics - some with the watermark and some with the watermark cropped out.
I think it is fine. They mentioned source Team-bhp at the bottom of the article with a link to specific page where they took the pictures from.
Old 19th October 2018, 11:46   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Very few manufacturers have - upwards and + downwards. Maruti Suzuki, Renault and BMW are the only ones I've seen. Rest all have - downwards and + upwards which is logically correct too. Down for downshift up for upshifting. Volkswagen, Tata, Hyundai, Mahindra and Audi I've seen.
Similar to the indicator stalks, it's just a matter of getting used to. I drive 2 cars with both if these in opposite directions. Once in a blue moon I do mix them up but all times I do it right subconsciously.
It’s like the gears on some of the bikes, Few had all downshifts while others had upshifts. Someone riding a bajaj 4 geared bike will be confused at first if riding a honda or a hero afterwards as the shifting is exactly reverse.

The one down rest up was the most universal gear change pattern that I was comfortable with at least on bikes. But I agree that once we get used to the shifts it doesn’t matter if we are on a bike or a car.

But to remember the pattern on an automatic, that when we should supposedly not do anything else is a bit strange. These things should be standard fare I feel.
Old 19th October 2018, 13:10   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

New Santro in Marina Blue. Received on WhatsApp.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-1.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-2.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-3.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-4.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-5.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 20th October 2018 at 08:03. Reason: Adding watermarks
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 13:35   #353
BHPian

I wonder what was wrong with designing a straight window line that they have come up this! It might look better in the flesh but the picture isn't doing any justice to the side profile at all! Coming to the over all design, I wish they had departed with the i10 design philosophy and made something bolder. I do understand that this is targeted at the mass audience and the design needs to please all and offend none but I wish they had taken some other car as a design reference. I think it's safe to say now, the previous Santro in it's Xing avatar was a looker.

The interior though, wouldn't look out of place in a premium hatch/sedan (save for those manual AC knobs)! Tough days ahead for Maruti then?
Old 20th October 2018, 00:19   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I do understand that this is targeted at the mass audience and the design needs to please all and offend none but I wish they had taken some other car as a design reference. I think it's safe to say now, the previous Santro in it's Xing avatar was a looker.
Front design is quite radical and unlike any other mass market car in the segment (even in 2-3 segments above it) This is not like a cute front of the original i10 (pre face lift) or a mature, straight forward design of the Xing. I am sure this is going to put off quite a few prospective buyers (like me).
Old 20th October 2018, 00:39   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Front design is quite radical and unlike any other mass market car in the segment (even in 2-3 segments above it) This is not like a cute front of the original i10 (pre face lift) or a mature, straight forward design of the Xing. I am sure this is going to put off quite a few prospective buyers (like me).
Yes you are right here ! I can't deny this fact.

But those who are able to get over the face value of this car, and actually understand what this car is offering will be enjoying a worthwhile time behind its wheel.

Edit. Maybe the front will look better when the number plate has been attached to the wide grill.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-1-1.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 20th October 2018 at 08:06. Reason: Adding watermark
Rshrey22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 11:34   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

New Santro in Typhoon Silver (what a name for a colour shade!).

Received on WhatsApp.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-1.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-3.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-4.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 21st October 2018 at 08:33. Reason: Watermarking images
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 12:02   #357
BHPian

The fit and finish and quality seems very high quality.
The only couple of irritant I find are the recirculation slider and the flap type door handles. At least the door handles could have been pull type.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 15:59   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
The fit and finish and quality seems very high quality.
The only couple of irritant I find are the recirculation slider and the flap type door handles. At least the door handles could have been pull type.
Agreed. That slider looks terribly out of date, especially under that touch-screen display
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 16:53   #359
BHPian

Walkaround video by Gagan Choudhary.

sandx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 18:07   #360
BHPian

Anyone noticed?

How dealers are treating a new model!

Although it very normal even for big cars but a new model to handled more carefully as the colour shades are also new to touch up.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks