Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2018, 16:27   #136
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Are you serious?
Those fans from the last century Ambassadors are such an eye sore and make a ruckus of their own when used. The current market is opting for Air purifiers in vehicles and certainly no one would really want a fan protruding out of the B pillar.
Certainly not serious, sarcastic though!

Point is, for a car the size of CSUV, Hatchback or a C2 sedan, rear blowers do not serve any great purpose, to be termed as (for example) "first in class" rear blower vents. Small cars with powerful enough AC, do not need a blower, esp when rear seat space is constrained.
Old 9th May 2018, 20:36   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post

Point is, for a car the size of CSUV, Hatchback or a C2 sedan, rear blowers do not serve any great purpose, to be termed as (for example) "first in class" rear blower vents. Small cars with powerful enough AC, do not need a blower, esp when rear seat space is constrained.
Again beg to disagree. First of all as someone else also mentioned above, having rear blower vents vs no vents at all, I would certainly choose blower vents. Second I too have had the experience of owning a Sunny for 5 years which was the first car in its segment to come with rear AC vents. And they do make a difference. In summers, the car does get extremely uncomfortable in the first 20 minutes or so before the AC can bring down things to a more pleasant level. At times like these, even normal room room temperature air does make things bearable for the rear passenger. If you just take into account the cabin size, then I doubt any data exists which sets parameters beyond which this feature is useful or not.

Second thing is that these days most car makers, the leader being MSIL and Hyundai, market chrome also as luxury feature. Basic necessity items like rear wiper and defogger are luxury items. In such a world, rear AC vents/blowers are most definitely marketable as first in class features.
drmohitg is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 22:05   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post

It does make a difference in cars of the size of the Nexon. Ecosport misses on these and in 40+ degrees, you feel their absence. I agree that routing a cooling coil would have been a better solution, but when Creta, Ecosport and Scross do not have even a blower, the Nexon gets to boast of a first in class badge.
Nissan1180 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 10:00   #139
BHPian

Hello!

Happened to have a test drive of Nexon AMT Diesel this weekend in Pune.
As per Sales Exec. I was the first one to have test drive of the vehicle. Odo also suggested so.
Anyways, the point is the car felt amazing.
Tried it in Sports and Eco mode and in both modes AMT Head-nod effect is almost absent. Cabin is super silent.
You can slightly feel it ONLY when you floor the pedal.
It carries forward all the pluses of Manual Nexon so I better not comment on it again.

Hill Hold feature is nothing but extended Creep function but still it is very much useful.

The MOST important advantage Nexon AMT offers is when you want to overtake the vehicle in front of you and floor the pedal the AMT box downshifts one cog, giving you that torque punch necessary for overtaking manoeuvre. Sorry, don't remember the exact name of that feature. Tried thrice and Nexon didn't disappoint once either.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 10:59   #140
BHPian

Any idea when Nexon XZA and XMA are launching? XZA+ diesel seems to be expensive at 12.5L single tone in mumbai.
Old 21st May 2018, 14:05   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Any idea when Nexon XZA and XMA are launching? XZA+ diesel seems to be expensive at 12.5L single tone in mumbai.
In bangalore its 13L

Well, it sure seems expensive but if you see there's barely any other raised hatch/C-SUV diesel AT option in the vicinity except Brezza-AGS, which is similarly priced for top variant and around 20-25k cheaper for top+dual-tone variant.

Other than this the nearest is Duster diesel AMT which is around 2.5L dearer and Creta's cheapest diesel+AT is a good 4L dearer.

I guess XZ+ is the highest selling variant of NEXON owing to which they went with the top model first. Infact on roads in bangalore I see almost all the NEXONs in dual tone variant only. Only a handful of them I spotted in XM variant. None so far in XE yet. If this succeeds in generating numbers the other variants should follow soon.

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st May 2018 at 14:27.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 16:28   #142
BHPian

TEST DRIVE UPDATE :

Nexon XZA + Etna Orange - Diesel

Just came back from a test drive of the Nexon XZA + Diesel , The car is , in one word , 'FANTASTIC to drive . The drive modes are a nice gimmick . BUt over all the car drives amazing .

The music system is decent enough and wont need a upgrade for average listener like me .

AC is absolute chiller . Its just amazin .

The cabin is superbly insulated from almost 95 % noise . Very little engine purr just seeps into the cabin which does dow as the engine builds revvs .

Loved the car to bits . Need to wait for wife to test drive the car before making a purchase decision .

Best fit for city drive .

Not as much fun as a DSG, but unless you are hell bent on owning a GT TSI, this one is much better.
gautamkhadse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 16:27   #143
BANNED

Just came back from the test drive of Nexon Diesel AMT . In one word, disappointing.
I absolutely loved the Nexon Diesel Manual and so was eager for the AMT. The Etna Orange shade looks awesome and so was the interiors. A class above the rest, the best below 20 lakhs segment.

Now coming to the test drive. The moment you press the accelerator, you realize that the gearbox is an AMT. It has that distinct hesitation to start going and you feel that annoying jerkiness all the way till you each higher gears. On the highways , the sport modes do ease the jerkiness a bit, but one need to be extra cautious while planning an overtaking maneuver. Everything expect the AMT is brilliant and TATA missed a big opportunity to provide a decent gearbox. I would have bought the Nexon , even if I had to pay a lakh more, provided the auobox was better. It is a shame that this stupid contraption called AMT had to be used in this gem of a vehicle. How I wish that Amaze Diesel CVT box was available for Nexon...
The Rationalist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 00:11   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Everything expect the AMT is brilliant and TATA missed a big opportunity to provide a decent gearbox. I would have bought the Nexon , even if I had to pay a lakh more, provided the auobox was better. It is a shame that this stupid contraption called AMT had to be used in this gem of a vehicle.
I think your expectation was a little too much for an AMT. While you or I might have paid more, the general public does not feel so when they consider a TATA. That is exactly why a lot of manufactures go the AMT way. But then, this AMT is getting decent reviews when compared to the current generation of AMT cars. Another catch is that the manual Nexon gearbox is not that rubbery and vague like the Indica and the clutch is light too. So my personal opinion is that, unless one has a really bad knee/leg pain, he should not be looking at an AMT Nexon. The manual one is good enough.
DieselAddikt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 10:01   #145
BHPian

Any timeline for the review of Nexon AMT by Team BHP?
Eagerly waiting for the same as need to take a call between Nexon AMT & New Facelifted Creta?
Thanks.
Old 1st June 2018, 11:05   #146
BHPian

I went to check Nexon AMT yesterday evening. Nexon XZ+ has little button on both front door handles where you press it and car unlocks. Strangely on XZA+ it was there only on driver side door handle. Any idea why tata has done this?
I had test driven XZA+ diesel earlier this month and found the AMT to be the best amongst AMTs out there. Jerks were not as prominent as they were on tiago amt, zest amt or duster amt which i had test driven last year.
While AMT cant compare itself to cvt or dsg but it was not bad at all.
sagpatel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 15:35   #147
BHPian

Mod note: Post edited to fix [quote] tags, please use Preview to check before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I had test driven XZA+ diesel earlier this month and found the AMT to be the best amongst AMTs out there.
Did you by any chance test drive Nexon Petrol AMT? It would be good to get feedback on the same.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st June 2018 at 15:47. Reason: Fixing Quotes.
Old 1st June 2018, 19:17   #148
BHPian

[quote=DriveT;4408599]Mod note: Post edited to fix
Quote:
tags, please use Preview to check before Submitting posts. Thanks.
Quote:

Did you by any chance test drive Nexon Petrol AMT? It would be good to get feedback on the same.

I did not test drive petrol AMT as i am in the market for diesel automatic/amt because of my high running.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 19:26   #149
BHPian

MotorOctane does a pretty cheap job of comparing Brezza AMT and Nexon AMT. The whole video has Petrol Nexon. Just to get the first to post comparo video they spoil their name and fool the viewers. Wonder who approves these videos at their team.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 20:46   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
MotorOctane does a pretty cheap job of comparing Brezza AMT and Nexon AMT. The whole video has Petrol Nexon. Just to get the first to post comparo video they spoil their name and fool the viewers. Wonder who approves these videos at their team.
He does mention that it is a diesel AMT in the beginning but he had a MT car throughout as the badging at the rear said XZ+ and not XZA+. Also the biggest miss for me ( even if the nexon AMT drive part was all imagination and not actual in the video) is that he neven mentioned the driving modes during the engine response segment of the video. All in all a pretty mediocre effort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks