Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2020, 11:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Audi's 5-year 100,000 km service plan for the A3 & A6

Can someone here confirm what all things are supposed to be done on Audi A4 3rd service having run 26000 km and is in its 5th year?
Old 13th December 2020, 23:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Can someone here confirm what all things are supposed to be done on Audi A4 3rd service having run 26000 km and is in its 5th year?
If the car is in 5th year, that would be 5th annual service and not 3rd service.

Service Interval be 1 year/15,000 Kms; whichever is earlier.

Glance through the car manual, it would have everything mentioned.

If not available, mention engine type, petrol or diesel & since its VW Group; service schedule will be same as VW Jetta.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 00:52   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
In addition to points mentioned by El Lobo above, if your car has the DSG transmission - the gearbox oil is to be changed every 4 years / 60K km.
If not done, please get that done as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2021 at 20:07. Reason: Word replaced
Old 13th December 2021, 10:39   #19

I just got a new Q2. The 5 year comprehensive service package costs 2.7 lakhs! I already have the 5 year extended warranty, so this would be for the service and wear and tear. Audi says that with the comprehensive service package and extended warranty, everything will be covered on the car other than the battery and tyres - brake pads, etc are all covered as well. The car usage is on the lower side - about 10k kilometers a year.

Since I already have the extended warranty, is the extra 2.7 lakhs worth it for the comprehensive service package?
Old 8th May 2022, 14:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinmj5 View Post
I just got a new Q2. The 5 year comprehensive service package costs 2.7 lakhs! I already have the 5 year extended warranty, so this would be for the service and wear and tear. Audi says that with the comprehensive service package and extended warranty, everything will be covered on the car other than the battery and tyres - brake pads, etc are all covered as well. The car usage is on the lower side - about 10k kilometers a year.

Since I already have the extended warranty, is the extra 2.7 lakhs worth it for the comprehensive service package?
I am in the same situation. Getting a Q2 and thinking if I should get just the extended warraty or get the one with comprehensive service package.My usage is around 10k KMS per year too. WHich one did you end up taking? And what is the normal / average cost of servicing q2?
Old 8th May 2022, 15:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
I am in the same situation. Getting a Q2 and thinking if I should get just the extended warraty or get the one with comprehensive service package.My usage is around 10k KMS per year too. WHich one did you end up taking? And what is the normal / average cost of servicing q2?
There is another service package for 100k + GST that covers everything for 5yrs/80k except brake pads and discs and other stuff like wiper blades, even covers the 4th year major service, I have that on my car.
Makes a lot more sense than the 270k pack.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
There is another service package for 100k + GST that covers everything for 5yrs/80k except brake pads and discs and other stuff like wiper blades, even covers the 4th year major service, I have that on my car.
Makes a lot more sense than the 270k pack.
That’s nice to know. I was not aware about this pack. How long do you think, the brake pads should last for major city driving? And how much would be the cost of them? My usage is only abt 10k km a year. How many services has your car done and how has the experience been so far? Also, wanted to ask if there is any link or doc where I can see what will be covered in each service and the individual costs?
Old 9th May 2022, 18:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
That’s nice to know. I was not aware about this pack. How long do you think, the brake pads should last for major city driving? And how much would be the cost of them? My usage is only abt 10k km a year. How many services has your car done and how has the experience been so far? Also, wanted to ask if there is any link or doc where I can see what will be covered in each service and the individual costs?
No doc available with me as such, but ask the Audi guys to send to you the major service pack PDF, that should be enough.
I've done one service, experience was great, my pads are having a lot of life left at 17500km, I am assuming they should last the better part of 50000km, pad cost itself is reasonable, under 20000 for a set of 4.
Spark plugs, ATF, haldex oil change are major works in a Q2 at 60000km, apart from that all other services are the usual oil+filter change type. For my first service, Audi delhi south raised a bill of 19000 to audi india as reimbursement for service pack. So I feel first yearly service is doable for about that much easily or a bit less.

Cheers
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 18:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
No doc available with me as such, but ask the Audi guys to send to you the major service pack PDF, that should be enough.
I've done one service, experience was great, my pads are having a lot of life left at 17500km, I am assuming they should last the better part of 50000km, pad cost itself is reasonable, under 20000 for a set of 4.
Spark plugs, ATF, haldex oil change are major works in a Q2 at 60000km, apart from that all other services are the usual oil+filter change type. For my first service, Audi delhi south raised a bill of 19000 to audi india as reimbursement for service pack. So I feel first yearly service is doable for about that much easily or a bit less.

Cheers
If the pads are gonna last 50k km, I see no point in getting the comprehensive package. I think extended warranty and that 100k km pack should be good. Thank you for all your help and inputs, really appreciate it
Old 9th May 2022, 18:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
If the pads are gonna last 50k km, I see no point in getting the comprehensive package. I think extended warranty and that 100k km pack should be good. Thank you for all your help and inputs, really appreciate it
Let me tell you that I don't ride the brakes and am very gentle on them, which is why I expect that kind of life, it may vary. On my last car, a Polo GT TSI I got 61000km as life, and that car had only front discs, so you can make out my style of driving. Please be cautious with your own style.
Old 9th May 2022, 19:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Let me tell you that I don't ride the brakes and am very gentle on them, which is why I expect that kind of life, it may vary. On my last car, a Polo GT TSI I got 61000km as life, and that car had only front discs, so you can make out my style of driving. Please be cautious with your own style.
Yes, that is true. I am very gentle on them too and hopefully I will be able to get good life out of them too.
Old 9th May 2022, 21:55   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Generally brake pads last 25-30K kms on these cars if not more with a few exceptions (I'm looking at you Mercedes!).

Given the low running and extended warranty : I'd avoid the maintenance package. Even 50k/service you'd be in the green and from my experience with the VAG vehicles spread across the A6, Tiguan, Laura - an eagle eye on the bill will make sure it doesn't reach close to such costs except for the 3rd & 4th year when the Quattro Differential oil + DSG oil change need to be performed respectively.
Old 27th May 2024, 17:42   #28

Hello everyone,

Searched for and stumbled upon this thread. I bought a Q3 5 months ago and didn't opt for any of the extra packages at that time . Received a mail today with some options that will lapse at the end of next month in terms of the warranty and service. Hope you'll can help me choose the plan(s) that would be the best suited for my needs given the information I have provided hereinafter. I use the car 99 percent for city driving in Mumbai and my usage is barely 6-9k kms/ annually as we rotate between a few cars as a family. My car came with a standard 2 year warranty; and I have been offered -

A) A basic service plan as under;
Inclusions –
1. Periodic Services as per Audi India recommendations
2. Replacement of Oil Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Pollen Filter & Transmission Oil Filter
3. Replacement/Top-up of Lubricants, Brake Fluid, Windshield Washer Fluid, Transmission Oil & Coolant
4. Consumables required during periodic services
5. Wheel Balancing and Alignment
6. Vehicle Washing & Vacuum cleaning during periodic services

Exclusions –

1. Replacement of Tyres, wheel alignment, balancing job required during the replacement of Tyres
2. Topping up of Lubricants other than one’s during the periodic services
3. Wear & Tear parts not included – Brake Pads, Brake Discs, Wiper Blades etc.

Available Service Plans:

1.   2 Year/40k Service Plan Costing ₹63,720/- including tax

2.   3 Year/50k Service Plan Costing ₹90,860/-including tax

3.   4 Year/60k Service Plan Costing ₹1,54,580/-including tax 

4. 5 Year/80k Service Plan Costing ₹1,74,640/-including tax

B) An extended warranty plan as under;

Inclusions-

An extension of the manufacturer's warranty on an Audi vehicle, with unlimited mileage.

Exlcusions -

Tyre, Battery, Wear & Tear Parts, Wheel Alignment, Balancing, Rubber Parts, Glass Parts, and Bulbs not covered under extended warranty.

The cost for the extended warranty is as mentioned below:
3rd And 4th Year Extended Warranty- Rs.57,820/-
3rd ,4th & 5th Year Extended Warranty- Rs.82,600/-

C) Comprehensive service plan ( essentially a+b plus brake pads, discs, lubricants)

Inclusions:
1.    Periodic Services as per Audi India recommendations.
2.    Replacement of Oil Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Pollen Filter & Transmission Oil Filter.
3.    Replacement/Top-up of Lubricants, Brake Fluid, Windshield Washer Fluid, Transmission Oil & Coolant.
4.    Consumables required during periodic services.
5.    Suspension parts are replaced as per Audi India replacement guidelines.
6.    Vehicle Washing & Vacuum cleaning during periodic services.
7.    Brake pad, Brake disc, wiper blade are replaced as per Audi India replacement guidelines.

Exclusions:

1.    Replacement of Tyres, Battery.

Available Service Plans:

1.    3 Year/50k Service Plan Costing ₹1,45,140/-

2.    4 Year/60k Service Plan Costing ₹2,56,060/-

3.    5 Year/80k Service Plan Costing ₹3,09,160/-

Thanks in advance for the patience and assistance. ( Would appreciate it if someone can provide rough estimates of what the added value/cost of the brake discs and brake pads, dsg lubricant etc would be to understand the math better).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks