Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2018, 13:52   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

My GT TSi was December 2013 model, 43000km done. Still on original tyres and battery. 4th annual service was due soon, but insurance was renewed. Got 4.4L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Suspect something to do with switching oil from Synthetic (Laura) to Mineral (GTI) to reduce the DSG Mechatronics failure rate?

Trust me, the VAG's got plenty of support outside the OE A$$.
My Laura is MT, so free from the DSG/mechatroncs worries. A super reliable Skoda. Skoda India can use my Laura in their brand building and customer satisfaction advertisements

Hope the GTI gives the same pleasant ownership experience. Both cars are going to stay with me until NGT takes them away

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th January 2018 at 14:59. Reason: merging posts. Pls. use edit option when replying within 30mins.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 11:28   #137
BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Both cars are going to stay with me until NGT takes them away
I think NGT has set their threshold on >2,000 CC machines and Diesels, so hopefully will spare both of your rides (Laura TSi and Polo GTi). Enjoy

I wonder what the current GTi unsold inventory is - anyone tracking it?
Old 25th January 2018, 16:08   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think NGT has set their threshold on >2,000 CC machines and Diesels, so hopefully will spare both of your rides (Laura TSi and Polo GTi). Enjoy
Hope so

Quote:
I wonder what the current GTi unsold inventory is - anyone tracking it?
Even I am curious how many are still left? And has anyone bought it after me? Such a lovely car.

BTW, it's early days (just 300km driven so far), but I see the DSG does not fight with me when downshifting from 3 to 2, unlike the GT TSI where it resists and jerks. IIRC, in the GT TSI, I had been experiencing the jerk right from the time I took delivery. From the Octavia and Superb official reviews, I see the jerk is felt in all of them. It's a pleasant surprise that it's not there in the GTI. Hope it stays that way.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 20:45   #139
BHPian

Got a confirmation that VW is not holding any stock in the factory​, so basically your dealer has what he has, the SA told that he cannot order any GTI from his system now and VW Noida does not have any in stock whereas another dealer, VW Delhi south had one.
Old 27th January 2018, 19:52   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Okay, so looks like I , in deed, have a rare car now and good that I took the decision just in time!

As part of my distance running practice, I do a lot of ghat runs. I drive to the base of the ghats, park somewhere safe but mostly in open, and start my runs which last anywhere between 2 to 3 hours. GT TSI had been my ride for all such occasions. Now that she is gone, I took the GTi for the first time today for the run. As usual, parked her at a safe spot in a by lane, also ensuring no inconvenience to anyone. However, it was not a parking lot (there are hardly any around Pune), just an open road. After I finished my run and was cooling down, I was watching the car from a distance, there were children, senior citizens, cab drivers... Nobody paid any attention to the GTi, in fact nobody even noticed her! Just another Polo! Perfect, just perfect. Proper sleeper car. Happy me. The drives to my hill runs are going to be so much fun now
anandpadhye is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 14:08   #141
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows about GTI with any dealer? Friends is looking for one.

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 28th January 2018 at 14:17.
Old 29th January 2018, 16:32   #142
BHPian

I saw one at the VW dealer on Hosur Rd. The one that is close to Hosa Road . This was on Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Anyone knows about GTI with any dealer? Friends is looking for one.
GS-R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 16:52   #143
BHPian

@ unknowmsatan, I had mentioned in an earlier post sometime mid of jan, there were two cars with a dealer downtown VW in Mumbai if your friend is interested. One of them was white as I had seen it with them.
TRANSAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 23:51   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HentaiDesi View Post
I saw one at the VW dealer on Hosur Rd. The one that is close to Hosa Road . This was on Saturday
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
@ unknowmsatan, I had mentioned in an earlier post sometime mid of jan, there were two cars with a dealer downtown VW in Mumbai if your friend is interested. One of them was white as I had seen it with them.
Thanks guys. Will definitely call and check.
Old 30th January 2018, 08:48   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Will definitely call and check.
And don't forget to update this forum on what you hear on the stocks, color and price.
AirWind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 00:04   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And don't forget to update this forum on what you hear on the stocks, color and price.
They have a red one for which they are asking 17L ex showroom. 16L is what people paid last month starting. Doesn't make paying extra 1L for the same car.
Unknownsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 08:01   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They have a red one for which they are asking 17L ex showroom. 16L is what people paid last month starting. Doesn't make paying extra 1L for the same car.
Guess this is the car. My BIL had checked it out few weeks back. Asking 21.5L on road.

Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh-img20180120wa0013.jpg

Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh-img20180120wa0015.jpg

Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh-img20180120wa0021.jpg

Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh-img20180120wa0024.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 08:39   #148
BHPian

My friend just purchased a Gti for 17 onroad in Delhi. This was after I told him that the hit polo is selling for takeaway prices.
So anyone looking to buy one in Delhi NCR shouldn't pay more than 16 onroad. I told to negotiate furthere but he didn't seem to care much.
Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 10:21   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Guess this is the car. My BIL had checked it out few weeks back. Asking 21.5L on road.
Yeah may be. And I also hear more cars have been imported. So no point in buying in a hurry now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terroris View Post
My friend just purchased a Gti for 17 onroad in Delhi. This was after I told him that the hit polo is selling for takeaway prices.
So anyone looking to buy one in Delhi NCR shouldn't pay more than 16 onroad. I told to negotiate furthere but he didn't seem to care much.
Exactly. Since most of them are sold and only few pieces remaining they are trying to sell at more rate. Would appreciate if you can check and let me know if any available in the same showroom or anywhere in Delhi.
Unknownsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 10:39   #150
Senior - BHPian

I always wash my GT myself, but decided to visit the 3M outlet yesterday for a change. I was the first customer for the day, and the boys began working on my car almost immediately.
I had almost failed to notice this monster (GTI) lurking in the wash bay, which looked menacing when one of the 3M folks tuned on the ignition. Apparently, the owner of this monster had got it all the way from Hyderabad for a full wrap, as Red colour was not a "Good Omen'!!

Got an opportunity to get my GT and the infamous GTI in the same frame:

Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh-gti1.jpg

Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh-gti2.jpg

Take my word guys, its neither the angle of the picture nor the lighting. Somehow, the red shade on the GTI looked different from my GT. Any expert opinions here?

Last edited by Vik0728 : 4th February 2018 at 10:41.
Vik0728 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks