Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2017, 20:01   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Are they available on titanium Figo as an option? , I mean the side and curtain airbags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
They are offered as optional in the titanium model, as quoted on their website.
So had asked him if they would offer the same with the ecosport.
Yes, they have been made available since Jan this year. A thread on the same exists

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...6-airbags.html

Quote:
Does that mean we can expect optional side and curtain airbags in ecosport ? I think this will depend upon what variant are they selling more.
Yes, exactly. Figo Titanium is more popular compared to Titanium+, hence we may expect Ford to repeat the same for Ecosport too. I heard that Titanium Manual & Titanium+ Auto are the most popular variants in Ecosport FL.
Old 2nd December 2017, 21:27   #1367
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Booked my diamond white titanium MT petrol and came home. JSP Ford Bangalore ensured delivery by next Saturday.
Old 3rd December 2017, 00:50   #1368
BHPian

Got my Titanium+ AT delivered today. Was very sceptical about the AT gearbox since it is an old school torque converter, but boy it does the job. Had a long highway run of 450 kms after delivery. Anybody considering AT, go ahead people. It does what is asked, but just don't compare it to a dual clutch like in the Skodas. Those are superior ones.

Last edited by GTO : 7th December 2017 at 17:28. Reason: Poorly typed post
Akshay89 is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd December 2017, 05:09   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajishanand View Post
Booked my diamond white titanium MT petrol and came home. JSP Ford Bangalore ensured delivery by next Saturday.
Do you know what is the waiting period for Titanium plus AT?
Old 3rd December 2017, 09:26   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay89 View Post
Got my Titanium+ AT delivered today. Was very sceptical about the AT gearbox since it is an old school torque converter, but boy it does the job.
Congratulations! Nice that you took the car out for a highway drive soon after purchase!

How did you find the engine power on the highway? And when you said that it's not comparable to the DSG, is it that the shift time is long?

World be great if you could share your experiences by starting an ownership thread !

Last edited by GTO : 7th December 2017 at 17:29. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 3rd December 2017, 09:40   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Do you know what is the waiting period for Titanium plus AT?
Waiting period for ATs is around 2 months (max) according to the SA in JSP. In JSP, waiting is relatively less compared to the other dealers in Bangalore. Maybe because they are new. For MTs, any color other than white, waiting is 22 days, whereas in Cauvery and Metro Ford, it's 1.5 to 2 months. So, for ATs, it'll be even more, I did not check though.
ajishanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 15:10   #1372
BHPian

Ford Ecosport Facelift Petrol Manual (Titanium) or Automatic (T+)

Hi Friends,

I recently test drove the Ecosport facelift (released recently) , both Petrol Manual Transmission ( Titanium) and Petrol Automatic ( Titanium +) too.

I drove the AT one first and then the MT.

I liked the features and the comfort that AT provides especially driving in city. However I feel that Titanium MT is just the one that would satisfy both the needs to certain extent.

My usage is mostly in city (85%), and for not more than 170 kms/ week.I have never driven or owned an AT vehicle earlier. Therefore my questions are around these:

1. I am unsure if the difference in price (more than Rs. 2.5 lakhs) is really worth it.
2. I am also not sure what would be the maintenance cost difference between the 2.
3. Will there be huge difference in service costs between the MT and AT variants for my kind of usage?
4. Will there be significant drop in mileage for AT as compared to MT?
5. What kind of issues should I consider in AT vehicle

Please share your thoughts.
Old 3rd December 2017, 15:34   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport Facelift Petrol Manual (Titanium) or Automatic (T+)

Just going by absolute price numbers in Bangalore and features in each variant.
- The T+ has too much higher on road difference compared to the T variants. Not VFM.
- The T diesel makes more sense than the T petrol for an additional 80k onroad.
- Regarding MT vs Auto, the AT has lower FE by 20%, is more relaxed to drive ofcource in the City, maintenance-wise the differential is minimal.

Assumping a compact SUV the only Auto option you have in mind. Now if you are fine with T variant, obviously the T+ AT feels unVFM. If Trend+ AT does not feel too much of downgrade feature-wise, consider it from VFM perspective and spend some saved on choiced accessories and after-market bits.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 16:15   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Hi AT owners,

How’s the performance of the AT in real-time? As in city overtaking and power availability on the tap. How’s the mileage in B2B traffic?

I am looking at TREND+ AT as budget is around 10(this itself is around 1L stretch) or maybe Trend+ diesel. Usage is around 1000kms a month (borderline case) so a bit confused plus NGT drama makes me a little uncomfortable about diesels. My current ride(2010 Estilo) is with me for 7 years with no major issues but I need a high ground clearance hatch for the never ending Bangalore potholes. I am looking at a similar ownership tenure with the new one.

Secondly since there aren’t any paddle shifters in TREND+ , do we have those buttons on the lever for manual control on those occasional requirements?

Thanks in advance
Soumen

Last edited by SoumenD : 3rd December 2017 at 16:17.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 16:16   #1375
BHPian

Guys, today my car, titanium plus AT, refused to start, called up RSA, prompt guys, reached me in 15 minutes. Jump started the car. I’m just amazed as to what happened just 475 kms in ownership. At the service centre getting electrical checked, till now they have said that the battery is absolutely fine, The car now is behaving absolutely normal whereas in the afternoon when I tried starting, it gave steering malfunction error and esp light was also on. Any ideas ??
blurust is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 17:18   #1376
BANNED

Quote:
Guys, today my car, titanium plus AT, refused to start, called up RSA, prompt guys, reached me in 15 minutes. Jump started the car. I’m just amazed as to what happened just 475 kms in ownership. At the service centre getting electrical checked, till now they have said that the battery is absolutely fine, The car now is behaving absolutely normal whereas in the afternoon when I tried starting, it gave steering malfunction error and esp light was also on. Any ideas ??
Check any accessories, especially things like phone chargers etc. Since the 12V port remains on in the Ecosport when the car is turned off.
Otherwise check the battery once, they have tools at the workshop.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 17:31   #1377
BHPian

Go for the Titanium+ AT and save money elsewhere. You have these doubts only because you've never owned an automatic before. Once you get used to the convenience, it'll be difficult to imagine driving anything else in city traffic. Given the amount of kit the Titanium+ variant offers over Titanium, in addition to the automatic transmission and paddle shifters, its higher price is quite justified.
Old 3rd December 2017, 18:14   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
- The T diesel makes more sense than the T petrol for an additional 80k onroad.
My usage is very less to consider diesel, though I heard great reviews about it

I did try my hand on paddle shift , but didn't see much of a difference,may be I was doing it in city speed limits or probably didn't apply it correctly.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd December 2017 at 19:13. Reason: merging posts. Pls. use edit option when replying within 30mins.
Old 3rd December 2017, 18:17   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Check any accessories, especially things like phone chargers etc. Since the 12V port remains on in the Ecosport when the car is turned off.
Otherwise check the battery once, they have tools at the workshop.
Thanks, I’ll check tonight. The workshop guys checked and reported there’s no negative drain, battery voltage at crank is fine. The only thing that they couldn’t check is the error codes as there network had an issue. What could have gone wrong ?.
The car is working like a charm again though.

Last edited by blurust : 3rd December 2017 at 18:20.
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:16   #1380
Team-BHP Support

I have a '16 Titanium AT.

Unless budget is a serious constraint, go for the AT. Since this would be your daily driver in the city, you'll appreciate having an AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
1. I am unsure if the difference in price (more than Rs. 2.5 lakhs) is really worth it.
You pay for the convenience of the AT and the top variant.

Before the facelift, the EcoSport was available in Titanium which had 6 Airbags so it was the best of both worlds.

Quote:
2. I am also not sure what would be the maintenance cost difference between the 2.
The maintenance cost would vary only if and when the AT box has a problem (covered until 4/5 years under warranty anyway).

Quote:
3. Will there be huge difference in service costs between the MT and AT variants for my kind of usage?
For regular servicing, there shouldn't be much of a difference (or none at all) between a petrol MT and AT.

Quote:
4. Will there be significant drop in mileage for AT as compared to MT?
5. What kind of issues should I consider in AT vehicle
I don't think we can answer this question just yet since this engine+gearbox combination has debuted in the facelift.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 3rd December 2017 at 19:18.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks