Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2017, 21:18   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
But I did not find it significantly different from that of the Nexon. What do you guys think on how these compare on the aspect of ride comfort the new Ecosport vs Nexon.
The wheelbase is almost same between the 2 vehicles, Ford has lost the advantage by offering 17" rims. Tata rear seats have always been a class above the segment, they are extremely comfortable. The rear seats of Ecosport lack enough cushioning plus the "rear seat recliner" feature is discontinued. So Nexon may have the advantage.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 03:31   #1247
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
I have been reading a lot about the stiff ride of the Ecosport. I too agree to this which I experienced during the short test drive of the previous version ecosport. But I did not find it significantly different from that of the Nexon. What do you guys think on how these compare on the aspect of ride comfort the new Ecosport vs Nexon.
I found the Nexon to be much better on rough roads compared to previous gen EcoSport. It is no Duster though.

The problem is mostly when it has to climb a vertical 1.5-2" rough edge. The Nexon handles this much better. The Nexon though is second best after EcoSport in cornering.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 08:01   #1248
BHPian

Everything is nullified when you take an automatic into the picture because it's the transmission of choice for future and a global choice.
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:09   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Guys,

I have got it. Finally my wait of acquiring the new Ecosport got finished this evening
Hi, congratulations on the new acquisition. Hope you were able to spend some time with the car. Can you you comment on the tyres? Are they sufficient or a different brand would be better? Not many options are available on that size though.
How are the headlights especially on the highways?
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:05   #1250

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Hi, congratulations on the new acquisition. Hope you were able to spend some time with the car. Can you you comment on the tyres? Are they sufficient or a different brand would be better? Not many options are available on that size though.
@Vishal- We all are waiting to hear more from you on the overall experience of New ES!!!
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:52   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I definitely think we will need better rubber, you're right we only have two options currently - either to stick to bridgestone ecopia that has come with the car or switch to apollo aspire 4g..

Its disappointing to say the least that we do not have tires in size 205 / 50 R 17

I find the brakes to have less bite in my titanium Plus AT, this could be attributed to the tires again.
Ecosport's cabin is pretty well insulated from outside world. What's annoying is the tire noise even at decent city and highway speeds.

Would love to hear what vishal has to say though.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:00   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Guys,

I have got it. Finally my wait of acquiring the new Ecosport got finished this evening
1) The headlights are indeed fantastic now, enough and more illumination.
Congratulations, happy miles! Drive safe.
Glad to hear that illumination issue is now fixed with the face-lift at-least in top variants. Will need to wait to hear from other folks on lower variants with halogen headlamp.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 17:36   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jins View Post
@Vishal- We all are waiting to hear more from you on the overall experience of New ES!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Hi, I definitely think we will need better rubber, you're right we only have two options currently - either to stick to bridgestone ecopia that has come with the car or switch to apollo aspire 4g..

Its disappointing to say the least that we do not have tires in size 205 / 50 R 17

I find the brakes to have less bite in my titanium Plus AT, this could be attributed to the tires again.
Ecosport's cabin is pretty well insulated from outside world. What's annoying is the tire noise even at decent city and highway speeds.

Guys, differ slightly on the tyre thoughts. So far, I haven't had the chance to take it for a higher speed highway driving, but in my 7 days of normal speed driving (around 60-70 kmph on NH8), I haven't heard much noise in cabin.

blurust is right about the cabin noise insulation, and overall I'm very happy and satisfied with the purchase. Wish arm rest was better/longer, quite useless right now. I'm happy with the torque convertor gearbox as well and it has been pretty smooth for me (most of my driving is in D mode)

Will report back with my fuel average in couple of days once the tank gets finished.
Vish_Janu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 19:47   #1254
BHPian

My car delivery was at 5pm today and I came back home without my car!!

Sounds weird? It is!!

Well, today I went to pick up the car (Titanium + AT, Moonlight Silver) as the delivery was scheduled at 5pm. We were made to sit, given refreshments, got introduced to a lady for the paperwork. Then we were taken to delivery area and we (myself and wifey) were asked to unveil the car with 'congratulations' song playing at the background. I told the sales person that this delivery was so unique and never had such experience before. After this, mini pooja was done and I moved the car crushing the lemons kept underneath.

Since there were many deliveries today, the car was moved to a different bay, where both the service and sales persons explained the features of the car inside out. I was completely impressed with all the features.

While in the driver's seat, I saw that the distance to empty showed 24kms and then I did something which I had never done for any of my car deliveries before. I told the sales person to ask someone to fuel up for Rs 1000 so that I dont have to end up at the fuel station while I am still trying to get comfortable with the car.

So after the briefing, went inside the showroom. While we are eagerly waiting for the car to show up, the service guy walked towards us and said he heard some noise is coming from the hose that connects engine / exhaust and had taken the car for inspection. Apparently, the person who I paid to fuel up noticed it and reported it to the service.

So the car went inside for the service area. Since it was so hot they could not check it up. Needless to say, we were terribly upset on the whole episode. But one thing for sure, if I had taken the car myself, I would not have noticed this problem and this could have led to a major issue later. We were dropped back home in their TD car.

I am still unclear on whether to thank the person who found out the issue or to get irritated with Ford not doing proper PDI (i was told PDI was fine) or to blame / thank my stars.

Whatever it is, this day will never be forgotten.
vprabu is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 20:58   #1255
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post

Please check my post on tyre sizes available. You might find it helpful.
VR4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 21:22   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post
Please check my post on tyre sizes available. You might find it helpful.
Hey, thanks for the post. I can find Michelin, Yokohama, hankook and some other manufacturers in the sizes that you had mentioned earlier. I don't want to upsize sir, if there's anything available in 205/50 r17, I'd be happy to change. Unfortunately here I am getting pilot sport 4 not PS4 ST in grey. But that's a very expensive tyre. any help appreciated sir.
Old 24th November 2017, 08:34   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
My car delivery was at 5pm today and I came back home without my car!!
the service guy walked towards us and said he heard some noise is coming from the hose that connects engine / exhaust and had taken the car for inspection. Apparently, the person who I paid to fuel up noticed it and reported it to the service.
I am still unclear on whether to thank the person who found out the issue or to get irritated with Ford not doing proper PDI (i was told PDI was fine) or to blame / thank my stars.
I know its hard and can empathize it too, but believe me I would still look at it as good. So you should thank the person who noticed this. If it was so significant I'm sure this should have been captured during PDI.
Once the service folks identify the issue and cause try to get a convincing reply why it had happened and why this wasn't capture prior to handover?
You should be satisfied with whatever reasoning they come up with

Wish you all luck on your new possession and happy miles ahead!

Cheers!
Old 24th November 2017, 08:50   #1258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
While in the driver's seat, I saw that the distance to empty showed 24kms and then I did something which I had never done for any of my car deliveries before. I told the sales person to ask someone to fuel up for Rs 1000 so that I dont have to end up at the fuel station while I am still trying to get comfortable with the car.
I sincerely hope, no one filled your car with incorrect [diesel] fuel. Please do check on that.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 09:44   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I know its hard and can empathize it too, but believe me I would still look at it as good. So you should thank the person who noticed this. If it was so significant I'm sure this should have been captured during PDI.
Once the service folks identify the issue and cause try to get a convincing reply why it had happened and why this wasn't capture prior to handover?
You should be satisfied with whatever reasoning they come up with

Wish you all luck on your new possession and happy miles ahead!

Cheers!
Absolutely my thoughts. Appreciate their honesty that they did not try to hide this from me on delivery day in spite of what emotions it would have on us.

To be honest, I could not notice anything significant. Definitely the issue needed some professional ears. Hope it is as trivial. However, as you suggested, I have already requested a detailed note on what happened and how it would be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I sincerely hope, no one filled your car with incorrect [diesel] fuel. Please do check on that.
No. The car did not leave the premise at all. The driver before he moved the car heard this noise and reported it.
vprabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 11:35   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whatever it is, this day will never be forgotten.
I understand this incident would have spoiled your day. However, I am pleasantly surprised by the honesty shown by the involved people. It is great that they acknowledged the issue and retained the car for resolving it. This will definitely work for you in the long run. And who knows, maybe they play the congratulations song again for you when you take the final delivery

Please ensure that you ask them for details of the analysis and corrections done. I hope this will be easily fixed with a part replacement or similar.

It was good for you that you asked them to fill in fuel there itself. If you noticed it later, nobody knows how they would acknowledge the issue.
I would also recommend not to sign off on any delivery papers till you get the car home; just to be safe.

Maybe the fuel filling request should be added as a task to the TBHP PDI checklist
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks