Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2017, 16:06   #1216
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

The difference in the ex-showroom price of the petrol titanium and titanium+ is 1,81,400.

That would be a sweet spot to position the 'S' version.

Anything above the titanium+ would push it into the higher territories. Hopefully they will release it in the MT option with the safety package.
Dramitn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 16:53   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Has anybody taken a TD on new ecosport in Bangalore? The constant response I get from Elite Ford is non availability of TD vehicle and will be coming soon. Does anybody know which other dealer may have a TD vehicle?

BTW I drove the older petrol version during my visit over last weekend to Elite Ford and it appeared as good one. After hearing all stories of betterment of new ecosport over old one it is really tempting to try it ASAP

Most importantly if nothing has changed between old and new as far as rear seats are concerned I will be very happy about it. It all matters for my parents who will be seating there and should certify the comfort levels. And they have already done it for older ecosport during the TD.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 17:25   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Has anybody taken a TD on new ecosport in Bangalore? The constant response I get from Elite Ford is non availability of TD vehicle and will be coming soon. Does anybody know which other dealer may have a TD vehicle?
It is available in Elite Ford, Mahadevpura. I was there with my friend on Saturday and the Launch and TD started on Saturday. They have 2 TD vehicles. There were around 10-15 families (at least) in queue for the TD. We did not bother to even register for TD because of the crowd. The SA confirmed that crowd will be less on weekdays.
narsi_6989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 20:55   #1219
BHPian

Woohoo !, I’ve got it 😀
It’s been sleepless nights till today and it’s gonna be more so now that I need to explore the car.

Eye candy
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-9bb6607446d94d30893a77b066f08848.jpeg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-710099b8645f475893186d3f8037c308.jpeg  

blurust is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 21:45   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
It is available in Elite Ford, Mahadevpura. I was there with my friend on Saturday and the Launch and TD started on Saturday. They have 2 TD vehicles. There were around 10-15 families (at least) in queue for the TD. We did not bother to even register for TD because of the crowd. The SA confirmed that crowd will be less on weekdays.
Yes. They have only TD vehicles with MT only as of now.

I am in constant touch with one of the sales guys in Elite Ford Mahadevpura branch.

He has confirmed that the AT TD vehicles will be available this coming weekend.

Planning to go there for the test drive of the Titanium+ AT this Saturday.
Will post an update once I get to experience it first hand.
jatinbindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 21:48   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Woohoo !, I’ve got it 😀
It’s been sleepless nights till today and it’s gonna be more so now that I need to explore the car.

Eye candy
Congrats for the new car.

Looking forward to a detailed first drive review from you.

Also share your thoughts on the ICE especially the sound quality.
Old 20th November 2017, 23:17   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Woohoo !, I’ve got it 😀

Eye candy
Awesome. Congrats man. Enjoy your drive thoroughly. So what variant is this and is it Petrol/Diesel? It seems Grey color is the one that is easily available with dealers and getting delivered soon.

BTW, am surprised to see car number which has 4 alphabets before the last 4 digits !

-Ravi
Old 20th November 2017, 23:27   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Guys,

I am really confused and not able to make up my mind whether to go for Titanium Petrol MT or Titanium+ petrol AT.

Now according to me, the list of features that I would miss most are the safety and convenience features that I have listed above.

Cost factor is secondary to me right now,as I want to choose the best option. I don't want to find out that I made a decision in hurry and repent later.

Looking forward to valuable advice/opinions from everybody.

Regards,
Jatin.
Jatin, since budget is not a constraint I suggest you go for the Titanium+ AT. It covers all you requirements especially the safety bit. Though you are going to be riding in City traffic more safety is always better. Also an AT will come in handy in bumper to bumper traffic. Don't worry about the linear performance of the 6 speed AT, you have the paddle shifters to help. I haven't driven the AT ecosport personally and hence cannot comment more. Do a good TD and take a call.
Old 21st November 2017, 00:14   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Congrats for the new car.

Looking forward to a detailed first drive review from you.

Also share your thoughts on the ICE especially the sound quality.
Thanks a lot, Will surely do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Awesome. Congrats man. Enjoy your drive thoroughly. So what variant is this and is it Petrol/Diesel? It seems Grey color is the one that is easily available with dealers and getting delivered soon.

BTW, am surprised to see car number which has 4 alphabets before the last 4 digits !

-Ravi
Thank you. It’s a temp registration number, will be getting the permanent number in a couple of days.
Old 21st November 2017, 00:15   #1225
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Do you mean newer generations of these cars? The Corolla facelift was substantial with added airbags, ESC etc., but the facelift in cars like the City or Dzire was nothing much from what I remember. In comparison the Ecosport facelift is almost like a new generation model with changes inside out.
City Gen 1 in India was very different from City Gen 2 (Dolphin shape) and this was further very different from the City Gen 3 though after that they have been more or less similar.

Accords too were 3 very different shapes around pre 2002, between 2003 to 2007 and post 2008.

Also Swift Dzire current gen is very different from previous Gen Swift. Almost 100% different infact.

The Current Ecosport is 90% similar to the previous generation just changing dash and front drill + lights does not make it sufficiently fresh this is similar to Honda changing multiple models first gen Brio type dash to city type dash along with minor changes to the front and rear. Nope not significant enough.

Also felt the Nexon Screen treatment to be better than that of the New EcoSport. Also the new ecosport goes in for less impressive (lookwise) Instrumentation compared to the previous generation version.

Yes the Ecosport is still very very good vehicle while it was significantly a better option than the competition when it first arrived (remember before the breeza, TUV 300, Creta and SCross) It today faces all these, plus the Nexon and WRV in competing space. This makes the new generation unimpressive as a vehicle as well as a deal relative to what they managed first time round.

Last edited by ACM : 21st November 2017 at 00:17.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 06:42   #1226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
City Gen 1 in India was very different from City Gen 2 (Dolphin shape) and this was further very different from the City Gen 3 though after that they have been more or less similar.

Accords too were 3 very different shapes around pre 2002, between 2003 to 2007 and post 2008.

Also Swift Dzire current gen is very different from previous Gen Swift. Almost 100% different infact.

The Current Ecosport is 90% similar to the previous generation just changing dash and front drill + lights does not make it sufficiently fresh this is similar to Honda changing multiple models first gen Brio type dash to city type dash along with minor changes to the front and rear. Nope not significant enough.
Absolutely agree! That’s why I asked if you meant new generation models. What you mentioned above are generation changes with a complete refresh, whereas what you see with the Ecosport is a mid-life facelift. It is indeed like what you mentioned about the changes in the Brio. With the current styling, I feel the Ecosport looks sufficiently modern to carry on for another 3 years atleast.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 07:01   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The list of changes is exemplary. Ask someone who was waiting for the update to make a decision on whether to purchase it. I could not believe that I'm getting to purchase such a comprehensively updated vehicle because I waited a few months. I can see plenty of people on Twitter who bought it weeks or months ago who're disappointed that they missed out on the updates. I'd have been in the same boat if I'd listened to the dealer, who insists (even now, so that he can get rid of the unsold inventory) that the changes aren't major.

The EcoSport was already a good looking car, so there was no need to do too much else with the exteriors, but Ford has still updated the front entirely. Hyundai is launching the i20 facelift next year and I expect its exterior updates to be similarly few, given how handsomely the car is designed.

As for the interiors and mechanicals, which is what matter most, Ford has updated just about everything about it, including the steering wheel, dashboard, ICE, instrument cluster, seats, boot, the engine, transmission, suspension, etc., while adding a bunch of new and useful features.

I don't know about you but I'm getting my money's worth. If you can recommend a better petrol automatic SUV for my money, I'd be happy to consider it, but I know you can't.

-----

The people who did get shafted, though, are the petrol manual customers, who still get only a five-speed gearbox and now have to make do without a top-spec trim. That's a bit of a bummer, I'll admit. I think it's Ford's way of pushing the adoption of automatic vehicles.

Last edited by aryayush : 21st November 2017 at 07:14.
aryayush is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 08:41   #1228
Team-BHP Support

One bad bit in what's otherwise a well-kitted car, is the absence of ISOFIX mounts in all but the top trims, if I read the brochure right.

Regressive move.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 08:57   #1229
Senior - BHPian

I had commented earlier that this new model is a "heart lift" than a facelift considering the vast number of changes it accompanied. But one thing I didn't consider was, Ecosport was launched in international markets in 2012 and in India in 2013. So, this is almost the time for a complete model change. Usually, for a complete model change, companies surely change the body shell and dashboard, add features, and may / may not change the engines - be it City, Swift, Wagon-R, Alto, Verna or Innova. Now, looking at this new Ecosport, Ford has changed the dashboard, changed one engine, added features, but retained the body shell. And now we can't expect a new Ecosport in another 3-4 years. So this is actually a cost-cutting by Ford. No problem in that though, as long as people buy it as per Ford's expectation.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st November 2017 at 09:19.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 09:56   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
I don't know about you but I'm getting my money's worth. If you can recommend a better petrol automatic SUV for my money, I'd be happy to consider it, but I know you can't.
You can see that he owns a Ecosport AT, Is he tempted to go for new Ecosport AT? No. I think that is what he was trying convey.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks