Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2017, 12:40   #1186
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
Congratulations for the new car Vish_Janu

It is sad that we get conflicting and sometimes erroneous information from SA . I had got exactly those info from Elite ford, KR puram Bangalore.

Will you be able to compare it with the dct+ sigma petrol combination?
I got the same info from my SA as well, clearly they have been told wrong.

I remember driving ecoboost in July and it definitely wasn't this smooth.
Old 19th November 2017, 13:37   #1187
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
However there were atleast 15 old Ecosports in stock, should see some big discounts in future.
Yes, they are giving some 40-70k discounts on the older EcoSport. Also, finance available at 7.99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Things I like:

3) The boot floor tray now has pockets on each side (near the wheel well). But at the same time, it has weird brackets towards the seat end, which could restrict how bags are placed

Things I didn't like:

2) Center console is not to my taste; it is too haphazard and the ICE display is too much "in the face". It sticks out sore
Those brackets are for levelling the boot using faux boot floor. It is a nifty stuff.

The ICE had to stick out sore to be ergonomically more usable. And though I didn't like it from aesthetics purposes, it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I am not a fan of touchscreen displays in vehicle and prefer buttons and prefer the screen to be a bit further away. I do understand that this is the trend, yet..
Agreed! I'm not even a fan of touchscreen mobiles. Having buttons help you to operate without even taking your eyes off road, and toucscreens lag, which isn't much of an issue in buttons. However, manufacturers, and specially in case of Ecosport can get away with the fact that they have steering mounted controls to operate everything right from Trend variant, and the only variant without steering mounted controls is ambiente, which comes with a single din ICE, a non-touchscreen one (can anyone share pictures of the same?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What is the issue with ingress and egress in the Nexon---I don't remember reading about it. Is it an issue for tall people?

Also, I am pretty disappointed to know about sound being not that great. Ford always provided the best ICEs in the segment till now.

BTW, thanks for your detailed observations. One area of concern is the low placement of the AC vents. Perhaps the side vents are high enough to direct to the face of the front occupants?
Ingress and Egress as a problem isn't really a problem for taller people, they can get used to it (like the sharp rear doors of TUV300 and Tigor), but for elderly. Specially the rear seat. I know it 100% sure that my mom (who has a fractured leg hence finds difficulty to fold her knee) will definitely have an issue lifting the leg due to high ground clearance, squeezing through the narrow passage area and then climbing (just a few inches), and then keeping the legs inside after slightly wider door sill. She faced the same issue with my cousin's Creta, but not with Brezza. However, Ecosport is at walking heights. In the Nexon, the (rear) door passage is narrower than Creta and the floor is higher than Creta, hence the judgement of deal breaker for me.

Took a TD recently, more on that in a separate post. However, regarding the ICE, it is the best in segment undoubtedly. Coming to the sound, the sound was really good, but not Nexon good! Tata does sprinkle magic with Harman experts in their kitty to all their recent offerings. As I said in my Nexon, Tigor and Tiago TD posts too, you need to witness the sound to believe it. ICE and Speakers are two different entities for me, and I like to compare them that way.

Side vents are almost at the same height as the previous Ecosport. So no issues there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
2. They are offering Zero depreciation insurance for 54k Vs about 30k which is available in the market. Told SA that I would rather buy from outside. He told me that for new cars, insurance is offered by company as a package. Told him that I would want to talk to his senior about this.

He will connect with his senior and come back to me on Monday
I'm from a Tier-3 city. SA offered Zero Dep insurance @ 40+k, which I felt was pretty high. Asked if I could get it done from outside, they were cool with it.

Last edited by PrasunBannerjee : 19th November 2017 at 13:39.
PrasunBannerjee is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 13:47   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What is the issue with ingress and egress in the Nexon---I don't remember reading about it. Is it an issue for tall people?

Also, I am pretty disappointed to know about sound being not that great. Ford always provided the best ICEs in the segment till now.?
From the short test drive that i did it's on par with the current system, if not better, may be some adjustments are required when i checked initially it was flat, then made adjustments it was as good as it gets.
Chillout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 14:37   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Will post my further observations as I take a TD of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
Nice writeup, waiting for your TD results.Is that 1.5 Petrol or Diesel?
So here is a small boring writeup of my TD impressions.

Took a TD of Petrol Titanium (hence MT) variant. The car feels solidly built and gives tough competition to the Nexon.

As someone mentioned earlier, the interiors felt a bit claustrophobic. Brezza interiors, though bland feel much airy.

We had a more than thorough test drive (accidentally and coincidentally) of the Ecosport which wasn't even anticipated by us. Our driving course: went in during dusk hours. The showroom is in industrial area where the road out to the highway (for us to test) had a big jam due to some road accident, and was full of crater sized potholes and hill sized speed breakers. Drove the ES in bumper to bumper traffic there for more than half an hour since we were stuck. Went out on the highway, tested it to the potential, on our return the 2 lane highway had probably more than a kilometer of jam due to some accident probably and we were stuck for half kilometer forward into the jam, with the other side of lane (return side) was totally empty. Had to take the final call as it was too late and dark, which was, return via the empty lane (and via another longer route), by jumping the divider! This sounds crazy but the other lane was totally empty due to the jam, and the divider was not set way too high. It was one of those low rise flatter ones where you usually find beggars sleeping or hawkers selling newspapers (no, there wasn't a single living being on the divider at that time too), and then get to the showroom through a totally rough and un-tarmac-ed road!

All in all, the impromptu test the Ecosport was put to use due to the situations:
-City bumper to bumper driving
-taking turns in tight spaces
-highway driving on empty patches
-corner carvings to a certain extent (Highways in the Aravali Ranges)
-ground clearance
-mild offroading
-going through heavy traffic and bumps and potholes
-night driving and headlamp throws

And happy to declare that the Ecosport passed all these situations with flying colors, without breaking a sweat! The body didn't scrape even once, from the divider to the crater potholes, headlamp throws are too good now. We didn't even switch on the fog lamps. NVH was contained well for most of the part. And the new engine is phenomenal. You have noisier 4 cylinder petrols around than this 3 pot one, too good tractability, and didn't run out of breath. Had too much power and torque available on tap for general driving conditions. Wheelspins were felt inside even to the front passenger while crossing the divider. ABS too kicked well. My friend who has more enthusiast blood who accompanied me to the drive felt ABS kicks better on this one compared to the previous Ecosport. In short, driveability is too good. You could roam entire city in third gear, (depends on city traffic situations too) and it picked up well from the second gear from 'almost' standstill speeds

Coming to creature comfort features, sound system was good. Touchscreen was best among segment to use. The ICE prominently shows a 'compass'. (Suzuki ICE too do the same but not so pronounced). Sorry for the blurry mobile images.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-compass.jpg

The footwell lighting kept changing colors on its own, but that's not much to our liking.

And the key feels solid and premium, and is reminiscent of the BMW keys (have seen only the Z4 key, and found it similar)
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-key.jpg

Disclaimer: The course of this test drive was situation driven, and was done in presence of experts, seatbelts, safety features and two airbags. Please do not try this at home (or your car). Safe driving is on top of our priority. Even we were surprised for having test driven a car so extensively.
PrasunBannerjee is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 15:32   #1190
BHPian

If anyone is contemplating buying insurance from outside, please check coverfox, the lowest quote I found with zero dep was 19,000 without GST. I’m buying it off from there for my titanium plus AT ready for delivery tomorrow
blurust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 17:59   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
If anyone is contemplating buying insurance from outside, please check coverfox, the lowest quote I found with zero dep was 19,000 without GST. I’m buying it off from there for my titanium plus AT ready for delivery tomorrow
Do they provide cashless claim in Authorised Ford service centers?
I haven't hear this insurer name from SA from the list they called out for cashless claims.

BTW, got confirmation from SA that due to extreme high demand for Lightning blue color, there is not even single car dispatched/alloted by Ford to Bangalore Dealers. I was totally surprised and i am not sure how true it is. They do have other colors like white, but Lightning Blue T+ is not going to be available until mid December. That would push out deliveries to Jan and i prefer to take a Jan 2018 model instead of old one. After waiting for more more than 9 months for this car, i would rather wait for few more weeks.

This was inline to the post i mentioned in October when we got to know the Launch date as Nov 9th.

-Ravi
ravib is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 18:15   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I haven't hear this insurer name from SA from the list they called out for cashless claims.
Hey, I wouldn't bet on cashless and I don't really care about cashless so much, it's convenient sure, but I don't think it's worth almost 30k more paid to the dealer. www.coverfox.com is the website where you choose your insurance, and the insurance provider is Hdfc ergo and united india insurance.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 19:10   #1193
BHPian

Friends,
Today, my dealer confirmed that my Moon Dust Silver colour T+ Diesel in transit and can be delivered by month end.

I asked them if I can take delivery after mid Dec since I will be out of town for sometime. Dealer is okay to have car with them. Is it okay to leave car with them and take delivery once i come back?

I am looking for online insurance and planning to add NCB from my old car. Please suggest which insurance company is to look for.

If I take delivery before I go out of town, I will have a need of car cover. Any suggestion on this? From where i can get good cover and deal?

What security features I should consider for my car like gear lock etc?

Should I go for any coating like engine, under body or any other?

Thanks,
Manish
Old 19th November 2017, 20:53   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
I asked them if I can take delivery after mid Dec since I will be out of town for sometime. Dealer is okay to have car with them. Is it okay to leave car with them and take delivery once i come back?
I'd recommend taking delivery before you leave. The showroom will almost certainly use your car for test drives for prospective customers.
Old 19th November 2017, 21:07   #1195
BHPian

Took a TD of Titanium+ Petrol AT and Titanium+ Diesel back to back today. Very good cars, both of them. The diesel felt more punchy probably due to the low end torque.

The NVH on the dragon petrol is good, I wouldn't be able to say this was a 3 cylinder unit had I not known from the specs already. The AT box also felt quite smooth and effortless.
Old 19th November 2017, 21:08   #1196
BHPian

Hello, I had been invited by the local dealer in belagavi for the launch of the 2017 Ecosport Facelift. They had a diesel titanium+ and titanium model on display. These are the prices quoted.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img20171109wa0006.jpg
Old 19th November 2017, 21:22   #1197
BHPian

Quote:

They do have other colors like white, but Lightning Blue T+ is not going to be available until mid December. That would push out deliveries to Jan and i prefer to take a Jan 2018 model instead of old one.
-Ravi
You need to be a bit careful here. They may hand over Lightning Blue T+ in January 2018 but it could very well be a December 2017 make. If you need a 2018 make, you need to inform your dealer specifically to allot only 2018 manufactured car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Hey, I wouldn't bet on cashless and I don't really care about cashless so much, it's convenient sure, but I don't think it's worth almost 30k more paid to the dealer. www.coverfox.com is the website where you choose your insurance, and the insurance provider is Hdfc ergo and united india insurance.
HDFC Ergo is offering cashless insurance for the dealer from whom I am buying. They have a list of dealers with whom they have tie up for cashless claim. You can get the list for your city online. My dealer is offering me insurance from Bajaj Allianz
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 21:28   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
You need to be a bit careful here. They may hand over Lightning Blue T+ in January 2018 but it could very well be a December 2017 make. If you need a 2018 make, you need to inform your dealer specifically to allot only 2018 manufactured car.

HDFC Ergo is offering cashless insurance for the dealer from whom I am buying. They have a list of dealers with whom they have tie up for cashless claim. You can get the list for your city online. My dealer is offering me insurance from Bajaj Allianz
Yup, I am aware of it. If i am going to get a car in January, i will insist and stick to 2018 manufacturing date and ensure it via VIN number. I am already waiting for this car for almost a year, so no big deal to wait till Jan end or Early Feb.

-Ravi
Old 19th November 2017, 22:25   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I am aware of it. If i am going to get a car in January, i will insist and stick to 2018 manufacturing date and ensure it via VIN number. I am already waiting for this car for almost a year, so no big deal to wait till Jan end or Early Feb.

-Ravi
Yes, makes a lot of sense to buy a Jan manufactured vehicle. You will probably get it in Feb or so but worth the wait if you have not planned some long trips in between

I did the same when I bought my Ritz. I got the vehicle in March 2013 but after confirming that it was a 2013 manufactured vehicle
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 22:43   #1200
BHPian

Went for a test drive of the petrol automatic (titanium plus). The refinement is indeed the biggest plus point. Automatic transmission is pretty good, albeit for the urgent overtaking maneuvers. It doesn't feel like a 123PS engine though. The interiors are really good and everything is well placed and well built. Overall the ecosport Feels premium and very refined and I feel 10.99 is good value overall for whats on offer.

Main negatives:
1. Headlamps. I found them inadequate. They should have gone for LED projection lamps. I am not sure they are even HID The high beam is quite narrow. Personally its a near deal breaker. I need to check the halogen bulb performance on the lower variants.

2. Wife complained about the bumpy ride at the back. The ride in the front was fine.

3. The tweeters seem to not do their job well. Mid and lows are decent. Somehow playing FM feels like playing 32/64Kbps mp3.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks