Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 13:11   #1111
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

The accessories list mentions Xenon HID Lights for ₹15,000 and HID fog lights for ₹11,000. Is it worth going for these?
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 13:13   #1112
Senior - BHPian

The Trend plus variant does not have paddle shifters. As civic-sense mentioned, when you drive in 'L' mode there won't be automatic upshift to higher gears and the vehicle will be locked in lower gears. Check this link,

http://www.holidayfordusa.com/blog/w...-shifter-mean/

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Regarding the power-trains, I felt that the 1.5 tdci is more refined and performs noticeably better than 1.3 ddis where it matters most to us- narrow busy streets of Kerala.
True, the light steering and the refinement and driveability of 1.5 TDCi are far superior to 1.3L DDiS.

Last edited by deehunk : 14th November 2017 at 13:25. Reason: Thanks Jaggu, corrected typo error
Old 14th November 2017, 13:44   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

I second that. Also wanted to check if the Engines are Euro 6, as Nexon's are, I was told!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
True, the light steering and the refinement and driveability of 1.5 TDCi are far superior to 1.3L DDiS.
Old 14th November 2017, 13:48   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Then I will consider returning them.

Another question As an audiophile, I'm pretty sure I would want to upgrade the audio system as well, installing components instead of usual speakers, and a woofer as well - supported by an amp. Would that void the warranty as well??
Yes, it will. Any type of alterations or mods with third party parts will affect warranty.
Old 14th November 2017, 13:51   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
The accessories list mentions Xenon HID Lights for ₹15,000 and HID fog lights for ₹11,000. Is it worth going for these?
Interesting find. Any comments or experiences guys? I would be keen to put them on, hopefully Ford installation won't breach the warranty as well.
Old 14th November 2017, 14:12   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I second that. Also wanted to check if the Engines are Euro 6, as Nexon's are, I was told!
The current 1.5L TDCi is a derivative of DV6 Engine which is Euro 5 compliant, I had read about Ford's EcoBlue engine with the 1.5L variant also which will be Euro 6 compliant.
Old 14th November 2017, 14:37   #1117
BHPian

Just sourced accessory list for the new Ecosport, unfortunately no mention of Xenon lamps or HID anywhere.

PS: What do you guys think of the 3M coating? Marketing gimmick or actually works? Is it better (read: cheaper and same quality) to get it done from outside post purchase?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_0943.jpg  

Old 14th November 2017, 14:57   #1118
BHPian

Adding pune price list . Why isnt the price standard across all sates , why his dealer level mischief .
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-pune-price-list-.jpg  

Old 14th November 2017, 16:24   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also noticed this difference between Titanium plus and Trend plus variants. This will be clear once the official review is completed
Posted this question on Ford's FB page, sharing their answer below,
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ford.jpg  

deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 18:05   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Posted this question on Ford's FB page, sharing their answer below,
Still doesn't clarify whether it holds the same gear till we shift back to D or it is there for lower gear. Also, how would one ensure that he is in lower gear before putting it in L mode? You might as well be in 5th or 6th, ideally you'd want to be in 3rd or 4th for overtaking before you use L mode.
Old 14th November 2017, 18:31   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Check the link I shared in the second post on this page which explains the gear shifts in Ford AT vehicles.

Last edited by deehunk : 14th November 2017 at 18:32.
Old 14th November 2017, 19:26   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Accessories price list
* Sun roof (Internal opening) 2,12,500
* Sun roof (External opening) 1,15,000
Is fitting Sunroof safe? will it lead to loss of structural rigidity? And rattles? Is it going to be a factory kit with roof reinforcements?
Old 14th November 2017, 19:34   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Still doesn't clarify whether it holds the same gear till we shift back to D or it is there for lower gear. Also, how would one ensure that he is in lower gear before putting it in L mode? You might as well be in 5th or 6th, ideally you'd want to be in 3rd or 4th for overtaking before you use L mode.
From what I understand from that link, the vehicle will shift and stick to gears 1 and 2 when you put it in ‘L’ mode, so it can be useful while climbing uphill or trying to gain more traction on slippery surfaces. It can also be useful when conducting overtaking manoeuvres, but in a limited capacity.

If you are in second or third gear and want to overtake, shifting into ‘L’ and stepping on the accelerator can help you gain the instant torque you need to do so. But if you are in the higher gears and switch to ‘L’ to overtake, that’ll be the same as switching from 4 to 2 at high speed—you’ll experience a sharp jerk, instantaneous loss of power and hear a lot of protests from the engine.

From what I understand from reading several reviews, however, if you press hard on the accelerator pedal while in ‘D’ mode in any gear, the car will hold onto the gear to help you complete the overtaking manoeuvre. But you don’t have the control that the ‘S’ mode, or a manual transmission, provides.

--------------------------------------

Friends, do I stand any chance of voiding the warranty if I get the RD auto window closer module installed from the aftermarket? It is specifically designed for the EcoSport and comes with plug-and-play connectors. I already have them installed on my Verna and Hyundai never had any issue with it. Do you guys think it will be fine for Ford too?

Last edited by aryayush : 14th November 2017 at 20:00.
Old 14th November 2017, 20:24   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post

Friends, do I stand any chance of voiding the warranty if I get the RD auto window closer module installed from the aftermarket? It is specifically designed for the EcoSport and comes with plug-and-play connectors. I already have them installed on my Verna and Hyundai never had any issue with it. Do you guys think it will be fine for Ford too?
If its plug and play, there shouldn't be an issue, as I understand it. Could you also point out the link to where you are getting it from, I'd like to install it too.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 20:44   #1125
BHPian

http://rdoverseas.in/product_details1.php?Pid=40

You'll have to find an authorised dealer in your city though. They'll do the installation as well. Make sure they connect it to the central locking system instead of the remote control receiver inside the front door. This will ensure that the windows will always roll up when the car is locked and not just when you press the Lock button on the key remote. RD accessories are stocked by pretty much every car accessory shop of repute. It's the best ₹1,800 I spent on my car.
aryayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks