Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2017, 19:28   #1021
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Today I visited Dhone Ford to have a look at facelifted ecosport. Styling is spot on. They just had one titanium + car with no battery on display. TD car was not available so could not experience it. Surprising was that they did not have price list. It was going to take 1-2 days for that. Talera Ford has it so I did not understand why Dhone was not having it.
Old 12th November 2017, 19:36   #1022
Distinguished - BHPian

Ecosport is the latest on the block, but I think the S-Cross makes more sense. A quick comparison:

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-scrossvses.jpg

For just a little bit more the S-Cross gives a little more ride comfort, More interior space, and a better audio system too. The interiors feel more premium too. Rear seat can take the 3rd person also.

Come to think of it: looking at the diesel versions of the 3 cars, the ES is over-priced.

Ecosport vs S-Cross: For almost the same price, we have a Compact SUV vs a Cross-Over. The Ecosport looks over-priced here.

Nexon to Ecosport: two cars of the same category. Similar dimensions, similar features. The Nexon has much better power/torque, and more space inside. A few things that are actually better. And this makes the Ecosport over-priced again.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th November 2017 at 22:40. Reason: Back to back posts merged on request
condor is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 20:37   #1023
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
For just a little bit more the S-Cross gives a little more ride comfort, More interior space, and a better audio system too. The interiors feel more premium too. Rear seat can take the 3rd person also.
The EcoSport has a more competent Engine and that is what really matters. The 1.3 although a good engine does not do justice to the SCross.
nikhil_d1106 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 20:43   #1024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
The EcoSport has a more competent Engine and that is what really matters. The 1.3 although a good engine does not do justice to the SCross.
If you look at the numbers, yes. But that extra 250cc doesnt translate to much. Compare the specs I have posted for reference. And in the city, it wont matter much. But if you insist, then the ES's power / torque nubmers are well below that of the Nexon. Add to that the weight of the two is almost same.
Old 12th November 2017, 21:08   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I would ideally rate Ecosport a 5 on ride and handling instead of a 3.
I would rate Ecosport a 6 in handling alone. But handling alone is not a big criteria for me. I am used to the boat ride of my old Verna . Ride comfort that too for rear passengers is specifically what I am looking for in which I found Ecosport to be bit on the weaker side with the stiff suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
What would the mileage of the petrol AT be in city and on highway ?
In the video from following post from RavenAvi, the reviewers are saying that they got 12kmpl in a combined condition of city and highway traffic and a fair amount of s mode being used. That is good! Watch from 22.30 min onwards.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4300045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Are you sure this a woofer, and not a normal speaker?
I just checked with Elite Ford SA here in Bangalore. They confirm that it is a subwoofer which is behind the touch screen. I am not sure whether all variants get a subwoofer, but Top variant on display is what they mentioned about. They also mentioned that the Audio system is from Kenwood.
There was no test drive vehicle yet and the display one did not have it switched on to check the audio.

The price list offered is shown below
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20171112_211936.jpg

A new learning was that "Ford Protect" the extended warranty can be extended to 5 years or 1,00,000 km as well. I did not know that.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20171112_211905.jpg

Last edited by bijubalan : 12th November 2017 at 21:26.
bijubalan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 22:41   #1026
BHPian

Hi -Did anyone got Quote from Chennai ford on any of the variants 1.5L Diesel Trend + or Titanium?
Old 13th November 2017, 00:16   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Ecosport vs S-Cross: For almost the same price, we have a Compact SUV vs a Cross-Over. The Ecosport looks over-priced here.
Good point. Because the pricing of higher variants intrude a segment above, a buyer is likely to get confused.

A fully loaded compact SUV or a premium crossover as you pointed out or a mid-sized SUV such as Duster, Terrano, Creta, Captur or maybe even a proper SUV such as Safari and Scorpio (facelift is just around the corner).

Note: All these alternatives fall under 43% GST compared to 31% for EcoSport and yet can cost similar.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 13th November 2017 at 00:32. Reason: Spell check
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 00:24   #1028
BHPian

Seems to be bang for the buck - especially the Trend + AT. Eagerly awaiting the official review - the other reviews aren't completely clear on the performance of the petrol auto!

On another note, has anybody seen the trend+ interior? How is the touchscreen / overall ambience different from the titanium+?

Also, one of the popular video reviews mentioned that the trend+ auto transmission does not get an 'S' mode - I find that hard to believe. It is the same transmission; in fact it also gets ESP, hill hold etc. just as the titanium+ does - possible for Ford to remove the S mode? I understand removing the paddle shifters for lower variants - but removal of the S mode sounds incorrect. Can anyone who's seen the trend+ AT gear console please confirm? Thanks!
Old 13th November 2017, 00:41   #1029
BHPian

Why would price of 3rd year warranty with RSA vary by location and in some case by variants?

Delhi and Gurgaon it's 8023 for all variants while in Mumbai its the same for all variants baring AT variants for which its charged higher at 10024
Attached Images

Last edited by damager21 : 13th November 2017 at 00:42.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 01:16   #1030
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the refreshed Ecosport which was on display at my local mall and i was impressed with the effort.Pricing is also spot on atleast for the petrol variant. Hopefully it sells well for Ford.
Old 13th November 2017, 07:07   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Note: All these alternatives fall under 43% GST compared to 31% for EcoSport and yet can cost similar.
Yes ! It is overpriced for it's segment ( size-wise) and under-sized for it's price. While not offering anything out-standing compared it's competitors.
Old 13th November 2017, 07:59   #1032
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Yes ! It is overpriced for it's segment ( size-wise) and under-sized for it's price. While not offering anything out-standing compared it's competitors.
I disagree because of the following factors;

1. 1.5TDCi offers excellent drive ability as compared to 1.3DDIS, which is the king of Turbo lag and requires frequent gear changes.
2. 8-Inch touchscreen infotainment system.
3. 6 Airbags.
4. Presence of Active Safety technologies like HLA, ESC, EBA and TCS.

Point No.3 and No.4 in itself wins the race for me.

Let us not even bring into picture the 1.5L Dragon with Paddle Shifts since S-Cross is unavailable in Petrol!!

OT : Coming to Active Safety technologies, None of the MSIL cars have it, which is a big downer in itself!

Last edited by MCR : 13th November 2017 at 08:00.
MCR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 08:09   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Don’t you think saying offering anything outstanding would be a bit unfair ?, sure it’s not the cheapest but I would also like to believe it would last much longer, fords date very well. That added with all the safety features makes up for the lacking space and expensive, perfect for people not just looking for acres of space but a safe place to be in.
Oh !! And nvh of scross is a big downer too, haven’t tried Nexon so cant say.
blurust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 08:25   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I disagree because of the following factors;

1. 1.5TDCi offers excellent drive ability as compared to 1.3DDIS, which is the king of Turbo lag and requires frequent gear changes.
2. 8-Inch touchscreen infotainment system.
3. 6 Airbags.
4. Presence of Active Safety technologies like HLA, ESC, EBA and TCS.

Point No.3 and No.4 in itself wins the race for me.

Let us not even bring into picture the 1.5L Dragon with Paddle Shifts since S-Cross is unavailable in Petrol!!

OT : Coming to Active Safety technologies, None of the MSIL cars have it, which is a big downer in itself!
While the ES has a bigger engine, the S-Cross is not under-powered as such. The ES may have 10% more power, but the little torque advantage you have is not much at all. 1.3DDis may have lag, but does not mean that all cars with same engine are tuned the same. Or gearing for that matter. One may look at how much "powerful" a car sounds on sudden acceleration. But will it make a difference in city ? Or on the highway, will you have only the ES & the SCross that you keep overtaking each other ? Suffice to say that though the ES may sound /look better, the S-Cross is more than sufficient.

Safety ? Ok - 4 air bags more. But S-Cross has got a 5-Star rating too.

Cruise Control ? tick in both

ABS + EBD - both have it

Rain Sensing wipers ? both have it

HLA, ESC, EBA and TCS - only in the top model. Not even on the Titanium.

Paddle Shift ? Only in AT. Btw, you also need to check how hard the gear levers are in the Ecosport.

And, do check my post. I have already said diesel only

you may like the 6-airbags & the addnl safety features, but those are available in the Petrol AT. The person buying this is not the same as the one buying the diesel. Hence incorrect comparison. For all that the Ecosport offers, there are better options in both - the size and price.
condor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 08:35   #1035
Senior - BHPian

I agree, seeing the titanium+ AT at 13 lakh on road for Pune was a shocker. I feel for this budget, upper segment cars offer better value proposition.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks