Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2018, 21:37   #1696
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
If I'm nitpicking, then the rear seat space, the alloys, and missing sunroof can also be added to that list. I like everything else about the car! The fantastic engine, top notch safety features, the looks AND the ground clearance with high seating position!

Verna addresses most of these things, albeit in a different body type. What I do loose is the all important ground clearance. It does cost a bit more than the Ecosport but are these features worth paying that extra moolah for?
Both Ecosport and Verna offer great package at their respective price point. Both are loaded with features.

In addition to what everyone else have already suggested, only 2 things to add:
1. Take a long test drive of both and decide which one you love driving the most
2. How urgently do you need this car? If it is immediate then you need to go with Verna coz Ecosport has at least 2 months waiting period

My preference => Ecosport
- I have driven hatchback and sedan for long and wanted to drive a SUV
- It will be more of a self driven car than chauffeur driven so wanted it to be fun to drive
- Wanted a car which is loaded with safety features
- Wanted a petrol automatic
- Wanted a car which can seat 5 adults

As you can see both Ecosport & Verna ticked almost all the above boxes. Given it was so close, the desire to own a SUV was the main point for which I went ahead and booked Ecosport
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 23:11   #1697
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Both Ecosport and Verna offer great package at their respective price point. Both are loaded with features.

In addition to what everyone else have already suggested, only 2 things to add:
1. Take a long test drive of both and decide which one you love driving the most
2. How urgently do you need this car? If it is immediate then you need to go with Verna coz Ecosport has at least 2 months waiting period

My preference => Ecosport
- I have driven hatchback and sedan for long and wanted to drive a SUV
- It will be more of a self driven car than chauffeur driven so wanted it to be fun to drive
- Wanted a car which is loaded with safety features
- Wanted a petrol automatic
- Wanted a car which can seat 5 adults

As you can see both Ecosport & Verna ticked almost all the above boxes. Given it was so close, the desire to own a SUV was the main point for which I went ahead and booked Ecosport

Well said . I have heard from many people that SUV/MUV's advantage of high seating position makes you less tired in long drives. Many people who own Audi/BMW/Merc prefer to take Innova for long drives just for sheer comfort. May not be a case with Verna in this particular point.

BTW, Only thing many people will mostly object is for your last point where it can seat 5 adults. I hope you don't get bashing for it. Just kidding...

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 10:56   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
BTW, Only thing many people will mostly object is for your last point where it can seat 5 adults. I hope you don't get bashing for it. Just kidding...

-Ravi
As mentioned by you in one of your earlier posts, we will never get that ideal car we all want. So Yes, last point was a compromise to some extent.

Legroom as you know in Ecosport is decent, its the rear seat width which we wish was a bit more to accommodate 3 with comfort. My family has mainly thin and mid built adults so I don't see much of an issue
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 11:43   #1699
BHPian

When will the wait end? I think this time it's too long a wait for the official review. Any update @Mods on the possible timeline?
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 12:00   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Well said . I have heard from many people that SUV/MUV's advantage of high seating position makes you less tired in long drives. Many people who own Audi/BMW/Merc prefer to take Innova for long drives just for sheer comfort. May not be a case with Verna in this particular point.

-Ravi
I frequently drive a sedan (VW Jetta, 50k+) & a pseudo SUV(MS Brezza, 22k+). I will share my experience.

Jetta is more comfortable on well maintained highways any day. (Better seats, better power & handling, easier overtakes, less time) however if the roads have broken patches & potholes, it takes mental toll to drive Jetta. You need to constantly analyze the road's condition on top of the what's on the road ahead. The advantage comes from not the higher seating position but the suv's capability to go through moderately broken patches & unpainted speed breakers without reducing speed.

My advice: If you're going to drive the car on extremely well maintained roads majority of time, go for the Verna. If it has broken patches (specially if you frequently drive to the roads you don't know), go for the Ecosports.

PS: The price gap between Brezza & Jetta is extremely wide (compared to ES & Verna). Jetta is a DSG while Brezza is a manual. So my experience is impacted by these factors as well.

PPS: In traffic conditions, Brezza over Jetta any day. Autowallahs & bikers give way to even pseudo SUVs.

Hope, it helps.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 13:22   #1701
BHPian

Can any of the early owners comment on the real world fuel economy they are now getting after a few months of driving? I am especially interested in knowing how the petrol automatic is performing in this regard. Thanks in advance!
Old 12th January 2018, 14:57   #1702

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudh_85 View Post
Can any of the early owners comment on the real world fuel economy they are now getting after a few months of driving? I am especially interested in knowing how the petrol automatic is performing in this regard. Thanks in advance!
I own Petrol AT Titanium+ in Bengaluru. Milage inside the city conditions, I got around 9-11 (100% driven inside the city). But on absolute highway (95% highway condition), I got around 18. Got around 14, in 85% Highway and 15% bumper to bumper traffic (I would rather say bicycle tyre to bumper traffic , as I drove in small town).

But please be noted that when you leave engine in idle, your fuel would vanish at an accelerated rate. I faced this situation in ITPL area, Bengaluru on a weekday and the milage I got was 5 . I had to keep the engine running, because of personal reasons.
praveennvr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 15:27   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveennvr View Post
I own Petrol AT Titanium+ in Bengaluru. Milage inside the city conditions, I got around 9-11 (100% driven inside the city). But on absolute highway (95% highway condition), I got around 18.

Thanks!! 9-11 and 18 is very promising. Eagerly waiting for mine to arrive.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 15:45   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I own Petrol AT Titanium+ in Bengaluru. Milage inside the city conditions, I got around 9-11 (100% driven inside the city). But on absolute highway (95% highway condition), I got around 18. Got around 14, in 85% Highway and 15% bumper to bumper traffic (I would rather say bicycle tyre to bumper traffic , as I drove in small town).
How is the performance on highway, especially with S mode? Is power available for quick overtaking? Does paddle shifter offer quick shifting and useful on highway? Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 16:11   #1705

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
How is the performance on highway, especially with S mode? Is power available for quick overtaking? Does paddle shifter offer quick shifting and useful on highway? Thanks
Yes. Performance on highway is superb. Gears change like a breeze.
The power the engine generates is good enough for overtaking in the D mode itself. I used S mode very limited number of times, mostly on a 2 lane road. Paddle shifts are quick to respond and will get a warning in the MID, when gear need to up-shift. Change to S mode, down-shifted gear, quickly overtook, up-shifted during overtake, got back to D mode swiftly.

But please be noted, too much revv in S mode could drop mileage.
praveennvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 16:30   #1706
BHPian

Quote:

But please be noted that when you leave engine in idle, your fuel would vanish at an accelerated rate. I faced this situation in ITPL area, Bengaluru on a weekday and the milage I got was 5 . I had to keep the engine running, because of personal reasons.
9-11 and 18 look very good for a strongly built car with a TC gearbox . In fact, these are absolutely similar to what we are able to achieve in our Honda City CVT. I have been keenly following this car with an intention to buy, but the initial FE figures were all in single digits which really dented my confidence. Glad to know the real world values
anirudh_85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 17:01   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Thanks!! 9-11 and 18 is very promising. Eagerly waiting for mine to arrive.
In gurgaon bumper to bumper traffic I get around 11-12 kmpl and on a recent trip to Shimla I ended up getting 17.5 overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
On a recent trip to Shimla , with three people and a pet, with boot loaded with three big bags, I didn't need to shift to s mode at all, but having said that I am a sedate driver, if you like speed, I'd term the power just adequate. It won't disappoint and it won't tickle as well. Overtaking is not a problem, but you need to plan it properly, it's not a very quick shifting slushbox. You can use paddle shifts with d mode as well.
I would also like to add that on steep inclines in Shimla, with the car loaded I didn't have any issue with d mode,it's intelligent enough to understand that it doesn't need to upshift to second.

Last edited by blurust : 12th January 2018 at 17:08.
blurust is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 18:22   #1708
BHPian

Just started seeing the facelifted Ecosport here in Sydney. Probably explains why the Dec numbers for Ecosport is less. Ford has been exporting the Ecosport in December.
Old 12th January 2018, 19:29   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that. After how many Kms in odo you were getting these figures? I drove 1600kms and getting 10-11 kmpl in city and in my last highway trip (odo was only 500km then) I got 14.5. I drive a Titanium P MT.
ajishanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 21:21   #1710
BHPian

Does anyone on this group has the latest Ecosport pricing from SC Ford, Malad, Mumbai?

I already had the latest pricing sheet from Kavish Ford. Visited Hare Krishna Ford today at Nahur (W), Mumbai. There is a price difference I see on following items which I believe should be standard across all dealers in Mumbai

RTO charges
Hare Krishna - 1,45,500
Kavish - 1,52,400
Difference - 6,900

3rd year warranty with RSA
Hare Krishna - 10,024
Kavish - 12,524
Difference - 2,500

Is it possible that 2 different RTOs in Mumbai are charging different price? If not, would want to compare pricing from SC Ford as well so that I can go to Kavish Ford and question them about higher price when all other dealers in Mumbai are charging lower.

I feel this is illegal as it looks like Kavish Ford is showing higher price as RTO cost and pocketing 6,900 by paying rest to the government.

Hare Krishna Ford
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-hare-krishna.jpg

Kavish Ford
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-kavish-ford.jpg
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks