Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 11:05   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

We finally have a date - the EcoSport facelift will be launched on 9th November, 2017.

ACI
RavenAvi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 11:36   #377
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
We finally have a date - the EcoSport facelift will be launched on 9th November, 2017.
Great news. Will there be an Ecoblue diesel/ automatic diesel? Or it will be only a cosmetic upgrade?
Old 17th October 2017, 12:09   #378
BHPian

Just received a call from my SA stating that booking for the new Ecosport have been begun. Launch is expected on 9 or 10th November.
Old 17th October 2017, 12:24   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Great news. Will there be an Ecoblue diesel/ automatic diesel? Or it will be only a cosmetic upgrade?
Unlikely. Ford doesn't have a Diesel Automatic Ecosport anywhere. Don't see Ecoblue coming since it's a 2.0 Diesel Engine. And it'll attract High Taxes, making it more expensive then the Competition. I expect 1.5 Dragon, 1.0 EcoBoost, 1.5 Diesel to be the engine options. Automatic will be exclusive to the 1.5 Dragon Petrol Engine. Diesel will be a 5 Speed one, Ford surprise us by giving extra 6th Gear.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 13:12   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Unlikely. Ford doesn't have a Diesel Automatic Ecosport anywhere. Don't see Ecoblue coming since it's a 2.0 Diesel Engine. And it'll attract High Taxes, making it more expensive then the Competition. I expect 1.5 Dragon, 1.0 EcoBoost, 1.5 Diesel to be the engine options. Automatic will be exclusive to the 1.5 Dragon Petrol Engine. Diesel will be a 5 Speed one, Ford surprise us by giving extra 6th Gear.
There is a 1.5L avatar of the Ecoblue diesel engine. Ford is offering it for the upcoming european Ecosport. But it is unlikely that Ford will get it here now.

Source:
https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...bo-diesel.html

Last edited by prithvibelli : 17th October 2017 at 13:16. Reason: Adding a point
Old 17th October 2017, 13:19   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you RavenAvi!

Now all that we need to know if the engine specs for the diesel one, and the most important factor which will make or break the Ecosport this time - Price! When Ecosport debuted in 2013, it had literally no competition, but things are very different in today's market. I really hope Ford has came up with it's A game, because the competition is fierce and it would taking nothing less to succeed this time.

Quote:
Diesel will be a 5 Speed one, Ford surprise us by giving extra 6th Gear.
I sincerely hope Ford doesn't screw up and offers the same 6-speed manual as seen in the European spec Ecosport.
Old 17th October 2017, 13:21   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
Thank you RavenAvi!

Now all that we need to know if the engine specs for the diesel one, and the most important factor which will make or break the Ecosport this time - Price! When Ecosport debuted in 2013, it had literally no competition, but things are very different in today's market. I really hope Ford has came up with it's A game, because the competition is fierce and it would taking nothing less to succeed this time.

I sincerely hope Ford doesn't screw up and offers the same 6-speed manual as seen in the European spec Ecosport.
The 1.5 engine should save cost as it has no turbo and is made in india. Not sure why the price should increase
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 14:44   #383
BHPian

Quote:

ACI
Thanks for the update. Any idea when deliveries will start? Will Mid-November be too ambitious?

Spoke to Harpreet Ford guys here in Delhi and he is refusing to take any bookings atleast for another 10 days. Confirmed his sales training end of the month in Chennai.

Last edited by Vish_Janu : 17th October 2017 at 14:51.
Old 17th October 2017, 15:12   #384
BHPian

Quote:

ACI
Thanks for the great news. Eagerly waiting for the new Ecosport.
Old 17th October 2017, 16:48   #385
Senior - BHPian

Great. Can we expect discount on existing ecosport? I am eyeing the automatic and not too keen on new 3 cylinder version.
Old 17th October 2017, 17:15   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
EcoBlue diesel & diesel AT = doubtful. The only new engine which will be introduced in the facelift is the 1.5L, 3-cylinder 120PS Dragon petrol.

The existing 1.5L 100PS diesel should be carried over in it's MT avatar.

Quote:
I expect 1.5 Dragon, 1.0 EcoBoost, 1.5 Diesel to be the engine options. Automatic will be exclusive to the 1.5 Dragon Petrol Engine. Diesel will be a 5 Speed one
+1.

Doubtful chances for the 6-speed diesel, but nothing like it to take on the immediate competition (Tata Nexon) now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
the most important factor which will make or break the Ecosport this time - Price!
Should be around the same range as the existing model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Any idea when deliveries will start? Will Mid-November be too ambitious?
Mid-November is what GK Ford is telling me. First lot will be unloaded within 2-3 days of the official launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Spoke to Harpreet Ford guys here in Delhi and he is refusing to take any bookings at least for another 10 days.
Bookings have opened here. I don't think they are official though. Will be converted to official as soon as Ford announces it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Great. Can we expect discount on existing ecosport? I am eyeing the automatic and not too keen on new 3 cylinder version.
There are discounts offered on the present-gen model. You can wring out more from your nearest dealer if you can negotiate hard.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:06   #387
Senior - BHPian

Some weeks ago there was speculation about the ST line being offered in India. Since there is no word on that I guess they’ve chickened out?
Sad - it would have been a great option for the Indian buyers.
Old 17th October 2017, 22:27   #388
BHPian

Great news about the launch. Guess my cheque book will be out and ready soon
Old 18th October 2017, 09:11   #389
BHPian

Quote:

There are discounts offered on the present-gen model. You can wring out more from your nearest dealer if you can negotiate hard.
Hi, is the current gen model a good buy in these phase out discount schemes?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 18th October 2017 at 09:25. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 18th October 2017, 16:52   #390
BHPian

I called up 2 dealers at Mumbai (SC Ford, Kavish Ford). Both denied having any information about the launch dates. In fact, when I told them that I have confirmed news about 9 Nov, they said that these are all rumors and that Ford would be launching it only in 2018.
I'm fairly certain that they're doing this just to push the old stock (one salesperson went so far as to say that the new Ecosport will have a waiting period of 6-8 months!); so I asked them to give me a call back once they have news about the new launch since I wasn't interested in the current version. Hopefully the fear of losing out on a potential customer should egg them to reveal the truth.
Let's see how this shapes up.

Last edited by spectre13 : 18th October 2017 at 17:18. Reason: repetition
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks