Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2017, 15:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Used car & bike platform - www.droom.in

I have been looking for a good condition used second hand TB350 for a while now and came across this site (www.droom.in) and it has some good listing of bikes in some decent condition as well. This looks to be a platform for the transaction to take place without much interaction between the seller and the buyer. I checked in our forum to see if anyone has any experience with them, but didn't find any reviews and hence created a new thread to seek feedback.

Mods - Please delete/move this thread as appropriate. Thanks!!
Old 10th May 2017, 15:31   #2
BHPian

re: Used car & bike platform - www.droom.in

Droom also gives in the history of the vehicle (http://droom.in/history) which I think is really good if the history is just pulled from service station/insurance systems directly. The report is sent to your email. I have not used it yet but if its trustable then it's a commendable effort
centaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 18:35   #3
BHPian

re: Used car & bike platform - www.droom.in

I recently bought a pre-owned car from a used car dealer, who had also listed this car on Droom. I found the car on carwale but I got a call from Droom anyway for confirmation that I have bought the car from the dealer. Strange, but the dealer had already told me that I should expect this call from them.

IMO, Droom seems legit. Thay also launched Orange Book Value for pre-owned cars and I saw quite a few TV commercials recently on OBV. Still, I'd advise caution especially because this is a relatively new platform for buying and selling automobile (and planes!!)
Immix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 13:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used car & bike platform - www.droom.in

I'm blown away by the prices droom.in is offering vs any other online platform (cardekho, carwale, gaadi, cartrade etc.). In fact, their prices are even better than any other dealer price, how is this possible?

I'm looking for a 2012 4x4 Fortuner and there is absolutely no other place which compares to the pricing offered by droom. But the catch of depositing a booking amount to see a vehicle is what's stopping me.

Please let me know if anyone has had any experience with droom.

Last edited by fine69 : 30th June 2017 at 13:25.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 13:38   #5
BHPian

I just visited the droom site a little while ago. Here is a screen shot of what I saw. The very same bike is listed twice with 2 different ratings, year of manufacture and prices!!!

It appears that the seller has raised the rates.

Further, there is a Suzuki bike being listed as a TVS bike! One may remember that TVS and Suzuki were partners at one time, but then, now?
Attached Thumbnails
Used car & bike platform - www.droom.in-same-bike-tvs-suzuki.jpg  

Last edited by swissknife : 30th June 2017 at 13:39. Reason: additional info
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 13:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I just visited the droom site a little while ago. Here is a screen shot of what I saw. The very same bike is listed twice with 2 different ratings, year of manufacture and prices!!!

It appears that the seller has raised the rates.

Further, there is a Suzuki bike being listed as a TVS bike! One may remember that TVS and Suzuki were partners at one time, but then, now?
That's because majority of the listings are from dealers and not individuals.
Same car/bike will be listed by multiple dealers and hence the difference in details and price.
I do not like the model of paying a deposit even before having a look at the car/bike. Droom is a no go for me.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 13:52   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Unfortunately I am worried about majority of dealers. I generally hesitate to buy a used car unless it is directly from the seller who can be verified and with service history.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 15:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Unfortunately I am worried about majority of dealers. I generally hesitate to buy a used car unless it is directly from the seller who can be verified and with service history.
Why would there be a problem in buying from a dealer because you can still verify the service records from the company.

Verification of service records for vehicles less than 5-7 years old is pretty easy these days, isn't it? Then how does it matter whether you're getting it from the dealer or the owner directly.
Old 30th June 2017, 15:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Why would there be a problem in buying from a dealer because you can still verify the service records from the company.

Verification of service records for vehicles less than 5-7 years old is pretty easy these days, isn't it? Then how does it matter whether you're getting it from the dealer or the owner directly.
For example: The screen shot that I shared earlier has 2 dealers offering the same vehicle. One says 2014 and the other 2015. How does one know who to believe? I would rather transact with the seller directly rather than through middle men so that there is no information that is "engineered" in the middle. Further one can eliminate the dealer margins.

Last edited by swissknife : 30th June 2017 at 15:33. Reason: typo
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 11:28   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Droom also gives in the history of the vehicle (http://droom.in/history) which I think is really good if the history is just pulled from service station/insurance systems directly. The report is sent to your email. I have not used it yet but if its trustable then it's a commendable effort
Has anyone used this service? Any feedback?
Old 20th March 2018, 12:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Has anyone used this service? Any feedback?
I tried using it with my car numbers, it just gives basic information.
It also mentions full detailed report is not available for my cars, even though they are serviced only at Authorized Service centers.
Old 31st March 2018, 12:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used their vehicle inspection service. Trying to buy a car in Delhi sitting in Bangalore. So wondering if this would be a fool proof way to make sure it is a good nick.
Old 31st March 2018, 12:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Has anyone used their vehicle inspection service. Trying to buy a car in Delhi sitting in Bangalore. So wondering if this would be a fool proof way to make sure it is a good nick.
I'm not sure of this, but there is a local alternative you can also consider: https://www.myspinny.com/used-car-inspection/

Above service is mentioned on this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...d-missile.html
Old 19th April 2018, 13:02   #14
BHPian

Anyone here bought a used car from Droom? I am looking to buy in Hyderabad, but very jittery. Happy to get any recos for any used car deal in Hyderabad. Trying to read up how to buy one with some peace of mind.
Old 20th April 2018, 12:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
Anyone here bought a used car from Droom? I am looking to buy in Hyderabad, but very jittery. Happy to get any recos for any used car deal in Hyderabad. Trying to read up how to buy one with some peace of mind.
You can safely steer away from Droom, even though some ads have mouth-watering prices. The dealers barely update their ads. In case you are interested, please PM your requirements(car, budget). I will be happy to help.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 20th April 2018 at 12:48.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks