Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 09:54   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Took a test drive of Dzire Petrol AMT and am tempted to book it. It was exceptionally smooth.

The car ticks all the boxes for us (except butch SUV looks)! Thinking if we should wait for the Brezza AMT or pull the trigger. Anyone have any information on the launch date?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 13:23   #377

I don't have much experience of driving AMT or AT of any kind. I recently took a very short test drive of ZXI+ AGS variant, and I would like to say that I was impressed. But I still have some apprehensions before finally committing to it. And since the test drive was small I wasn't able to expose it to the different driving conditions.

I don't want to lose the liberty of using manual transmission and this AGS variant has the manual mode. I have one question, suppose I am driving this car in manual mode, would I would be able to reach the fifth gear as fast as I would on a MT variant? In other words, an AGS in manual mode is as fast as an MT? Some with good experience in both MT and AMT can shed some light here.
Old 7th July 2017, 14:31   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsjha18 View Post
I don't have much experience of driving AMT or AT of any kind. I recently took a very short test drive of ZXI+ AGS variant, and I would like to say that I was impressed. But I still have some apprehensions before finally committing to it. And since the test drive was small I wasn't able to expose it to the different driving conditions.

I don't want to lose the liberty of using manual transmission and this AGS variant has the manual mode. I have one question, suppose I am driving this car in manual mode, would I would be able to reach the fifth gear as fast as I would on a MT variant? In other words, an AGS in manual mode is as fast as an MT? Some with good experience in both MT and AMT can shed some light here.
With my experience of the Alto K10 AMT(43000KMS), the simple answer would be no you will not be able to match a true manual transmission. However, the AMT Manual mode, would be in a similar range to a regular manual for everyday driving. The difference would come if you are trying to do 0-100kmph times where quick clutch/gear changes come into play.
Knowall is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 12:16   #379
BHPian

Dzire came 3rd in top 10 selling cars in June 2017

Link

GST has definitely disturbed the pattern in June for all of them. July numbers will be more informative once the sales are back to normal for all manufacturers.

I have currently shortlisted Baleno Alpha, Dzire zxi+ and Dzire zxi+ AGS (looking at my family requirements and peace of mind in ownership). Dzire Manual ticks all the boxes for me. AGS is in list as the car will be used by my wife as well, but not sure if I should take the plunge with relatively new AGS in Dzire. I liked the fact that the Manual mode gave same drivability experience as actual Manual dzire (during my 4/5km of test drive, need to check more). Any feedback on this point would help a lot. Is Team bhp review of Dzire on cards any time soon?

Have ruled out Baleno CVT as I did not like the driving experience. There is a parallel track in my mind where I am/was considering Baleno RS and Polo GT TSI (for fun to drive part of me). And there is good 50K OTR price reduction on Baleno RS post GST.
Old 8th July 2017, 21:45   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
Is Team bhp review of Dzire on cards any time soon?.
+1. waiting for the official review.

I have booked a VDI , AGS variant. was inclined towards Tigor but absence of a AMT transmission made me book the Dzire.

When the booking was made i was told that waiting period is between 12-16 weeks . But if you book now waiting period is 21-23 weeks, this is as per the agent at the showroom. have no confirmation whether this is true or not.
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 23:01   #381

My First update at 550 kms

Today filled in the second tank full of normal diesel at shell. It has consumed 32.02 Lts of diesel for 550kms (all in town and 30% on the ring road with relatively free traffic). Actual mileage on tank full to tank full comes to 17.17kmpl for the first tank.
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-img20170708wa0013.jpg
In the MID it started at 8.8kmpl at the time of delivery, now is at 18.7kmpl. For the initial running in am sticking to 2000rpm for the first 1000 kms.
On the tank full RANGE (DTE) shows 578kms.

Mod Note: Our Maruti Dzire Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 11th July 2017 at 10:22.
thegodfr is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks