Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2017, 14:23   #1456
Team-BHP Support

Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Received as a whatsapp forward. The FCA showroom in Bangalore seeing a lot of interest for the first time.

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170801wa0010.jpg

Pic credit: keroo1099

Last edited by noopster : 1st August 2017 at 20:40. Reason: Updated source :)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 14:31   #1457
BHPian

For global brands available in India I usually take a cue from some European and American reviews, including from autocar.co.uk. Autocar rate Kodiaq a 4 star car and a challenger to Discovery Sport, whereas Fiat Compass has got a review of paltry 2 stars (I expect the version launched here in India is not much different as they review call it 2011-'15 model)

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review...pass-2011-2015

Just a query to be answered by senior bhpians
Old 1st August 2017, 14:32   #1458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Received as a whatsapp forward. The FCA showroom in Bangalore seeing a lot of interest for the first time.
If this is true, the cars parked outside are an interesting mix - good to see the various segments this car could impact / owners have in their garage.

Personally, I love the pricing. Just waiting for the Auto Diesel to come, and I would love to have this in the Garage next year if everything works out well. Ideally a 23L pricing for the Auto (post their price hike), AWD, Leather, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Premium sound system.

Any news on extended warranty and the like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
(I expect the version launched here in India is not much different as they review call it 2011-'15 model)
This is the old model.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd August 2017 at 08:42. Reason: Removing duplicate post content
lamborghini is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 14:40   #1459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Just a query to be answered by senior bhpians
Atleast the picture should tell the story without any further doubts. It's not the Compass we are getting. This is the last generation.

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-screenshot_2017080114372642.png

Infact, UK is the current generation Compass after us, because it is going to be exported from here.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 14:42   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
Called up RDC Royale dealer and asked for a test drive. They had the attitude which would never make them a sale. He said they do not give test drives unless I book the car since they have had 300 bookings and people are in line and if I wanted a TD I had to make a booking amount and if I don't like the car they would give it back. If I wanted a TD without booking I have to wait for a month. Fiat is asking for trouble here. With this way of approach I am not sure they will be selling cars in Chennai atleast.
This is the problem with our(India) sales staff. What they say absolutely makes sense. But they should have put it politely like "Sir, we are currently giving test drive for customers who have already booked the vehicle by paying an advance. We would be able to give it to un-booked customers as soon as this backlog is cleared".Say this and take down your number with a promise to call back as soon as there is a test drive available. He would have won a walk in to the showroom.
aadya is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 14:59   #1461
Distinguished - BHPian

I had seen few Mopar parts in Engine bay. I think Mopar is supplying most of the localised parts. Jeep Compass Brochure has mention of all Mopar services.
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img_20170801_144959.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 15:11   #1462
Distinguished - BHPian

In new launches in Brazil Jeep Compass outsells Hyundai's Tucson while its Creta dethrones Jeep Renegade!

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-capture.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 15:16   #1463
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1662748

Pic source unknown.
The pic is mine but glad it was posted.

I had just gone to chat with the staff and congratulate them on a great price and got hit with the scene you see in the pic. No place to park, and prospective buyers arriving every minute. The situation was bad enough to get the cops out at, and that to at noon on a weekday!!!

The only sad part was no trace of a FIAT on the showroom floor, but I guess it makes good marketing sense.
keroo1099 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 15:22   #1464
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1662748
I second that. Saw Jeep Folks giving test drives to the prospective buyers at the adjacent Embassy Golf Links Business Park Inner Roads. I mean seriously test drives inside a Business Park.
Off-Road and Suspension Capabilities will be tested by passing through multiple speed bumps.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 15:39   #1465
BHPian

I went to KHT service station today to get something fixed in my TJet. 4 Compass came there. When I enquired I was told that they are being readied for Delivery day after tomorrow. So very soon we will see Compass on road.
This is first time I had a look at them. Looks Stunning. Interior space is compact and back seat is strictly for 4. The 5th occupant will be uncomfortable even for short rides. Interior space I think is very similar to Creta.
There was a Wrangler Trailhawk version which came for service. Pity it was parked next to all Tata's and Fiat's and being handled by Fiat staff.
Old 1st August 2017, 15:48   #1466
BHPian

Spotted this at Mahabaleshawar yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170801wa0082.jpg  

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170801wa0081.jpg  

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170801wa0083.jpg  

Last edited by atulsian : 1st August 2017 at 15:53.
atulsian is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 16:15   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I feel that Fiat-Chrysler has hit a home run with the Compass. They are going to enjoy success.
Hope this comes true - Will be nice to then see if FCA can give us even more features at existing prices by virtue of volume and increased localization.

Quote:
(do note that it takes 20 working days for a Team-BHP official review of such an important car).
That is very fast, amazing and impressive for the amount of granularity, detail and references that is covered.

Quote:
Precision, detail & time - Pick any two .
An official review is of value to readers for the 6 - 7 years that a car is usually in production.
It's even higher if you consider used car buyers.
"I agree with the review"
Obviously - All reviews are constantly accessed, read and very highly appreciated. I believe that even if the vehicle is no longer in the used market - these comprehensive reviews are very valuable as a reference.

Quote:
Hence, I don't see a month's delay in an official review as a big deal at all.
It doesn't at all - Its just that I am sure that when I say this I am echoing everyones sentiment here - That we are very very eagerly, anxiously awaiting this.
FCA had everyone guessing on the price and TBHP reviewers has us guessing the review upload date
Any more tidbits you may like to share with us while we wait
Quote:
The Honda City - an important car even today - has its review thread being opened 5 lakh times.
I assume you meant 50 lakh times

Last edited by PM - B : 1st August 2017 at 16:19. Reason: Typo
PM - B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 16:19   #1468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In new launches in Brazil Jeep Compass outsells Hyundai's Tucson while its Creta dethrones Jeep Renegade!

Attachment 1662752
What's also interesting is Compass outsells Creta.
Given that there has been so many discussion on this thread about Compass Vs Creta and if this is something to go by, Compass should give a headache or two to Hyundai
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 16:26   #1469
BHPian

Brilliant pricing by Jeep indeed. And sly marketing as well, by overpricing the early launches and building a halo around the brand. D segment sedans would've a run for their money (visible isn't it by the way Octavia is speaking to "SUV" buyers in all their current com!).

Success of this vehicle is important from the Indian market point of view as well.Our price table is way too high and the product quality that passes off for good is hardly even acceptable. A good all-round product winning sales, is desperately needed to reorient the market away from plastic clad tin-boxes we've become used to. If this succeeds, Jeep would have the confidence to both bring the Renegade here quicker AND price it well. Skoda-VW may even consider a similar plan for the Karoq. A few months and my Vento would have aged just right for a replacement!
Old 1st August 2017, 16:38   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
I just saw the car and drove it yesterday in Delhi. I must say, as far as the drive goes, its definitely a winner for Jeep.
===============
In the end, I will say that the Jeep Compass is am amazing car to drive, with very aggressive pricing, but adding these features as standard or optional on select variants will improve the premium appeal of an already premium car.
I agree with your view point. Besides the features mentioned by you which are obviously missing, other features such as auto lamp, auto wiper, etc. are also missing. I am not sure if the price point is that great after all. I believe expectations were that pricing will be much higher and on the surface it looks great, but once we dig deeper it is probably on par or slightly below par with competition?

If I am going for a 20+ lac SUV, I expect these features to be in there. There seems to be 6 airbags only in the 4x4 version which does not make sense either. Maybe I will join you as a nitpicker
shiva75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks