Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2017, 11:56   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Just watched autocar episode about compass. One thing that struck me was when the person said compass drives like old generation ford fiesta. Now thats a BIG statement to make. If true it's sure is my next buy.

Can you please share the link of the same?

I'm sure everyone here would love watching it
Old 3rd June 2017, 12:00   #197
Team-BHP Support

re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Have been searching for it, but couldn't find it. Also, the written article has been published only in the print magazine and not online.

Since it's an ACI exclusive, they might take their own sweet time before making the copy available online.
Old 3rd June 2017, 12:26   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Have been searching for it, but couldn't find it. Also, the written article has been published only in the print magazine and not online.
Yes its not showing online rightnow. However you can watch the repeat at 3.30 PM on ET Now. Dont miss it
Old 3rd June 2017, 13:35   #199
BANNED

Autocar Jeep Compass review can be watched through the below link

http://www.yupptv.in/#!/play/ETNow/A...w/pid/13741405
The Rationalist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 14:32   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
the written article has been published only in the print magazine and not online.

Since it's an ACI exclusive, they might take their own sweet time before making the copy available online.
Autocar June 2017 edition is available in Jio Magazines
Old 3rd June 2017, 15:26   #201
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure if this has been answered elsewhere but is the 2 litre diesel the Fiat Multijet?
Old 3rd June 2017, 15:32   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I'm not sure if this has been answered elsewhere but is the 2 litre diesel the Fiat Multijet?

Yes. It's the same engine that does duty in all the international markets for Jeep
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 19:36   #203
Senior - BHPian

So watched the ACI video. From the look of things everything seems premium. How come only Autocar got to drive the Compass ? Was it and expectation setting drive for the Indian market ? They set good expectations on the premium side of the Jeep ? Expectations on the price 23-24 lakhs for the top spec diesel manual ? So that's bang on Tucson range ₹ for ₹.
Old 3rd June 2017, 19:51   #204
BHPian

The video review of Jeep from ACI sounded too "goody-goody". Well, the car may be brilliant, not taking away anything from FIAT, but still when you don't get to hear significant negatives, well you know how one feels.

It's almost cliche'd to say this now bu still nothing to beat our Team BHP review for sure!
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 20:40   #205
Senior - BHPian

Meeting the Jeep Compass

No car in the recent past in India has had so much speculation on its price!
It's not a good thing if Jeep eventually prices it very high, say at par with the Tucson while expectations are varying from a Creta Rival to everything above it. In my opinion Jeep should have set expectations straight, by announcing its intended segment.

Anyway, at least they have managed to keep the curiosity alive! I really hope for the sake of Fiat's existence in India that they get the pricing right, which in my opinion should be 17-23 lakhs On road.

That way the Compass will attract customers who are looking at the Creta top end and also customers who would have liked a D segment sedan, but are now looking at SUVs due to the shift in general market trend.
Old 3rd June 2017, 21:06   #206
BHPian

Meeting the Jeep Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
No car in the recent past in India has had so much speculation on its price!
It's not a good thing if Jeep eventually prices it very high, say at par with the Tucson while expectations are varying from a Creta Rival to everything above it. In my opinion Jeep should have set expectations straight, by announcing its intended segment.

Well the Compass for obvious reasons competes with the likes of Tuscon, Yeti and the new Tiguan. This is certainly not a Creta / Duster rival.
The speculations over the price is high because of several variants it's going to come with something it's chief competitors are devoid of. The Tuscan comes with only diesel in only 4x2 guise. The Yeti and Tiguan also only come in diesel trims. The Compass is going to come with petrol, diesel, 4x2, 4x4, manual, auto (Petrol DCT) variants which is the reason the speculative price is having such a big window of 17-25 lacs. So Compass's base model( Petrol 4x2 manual) might touch the Creta/Duster's top end but it's top trim(Fully loaded diesel manual 4x4/ Petrol DCT 4x4 ) will shake hands with the Tuscan / Tiguan.

Last edited by Waspune : 3rd June 2017 at 21:13.
Waspune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 00:52   #207
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Autocar Jeep Compass review can be watched through the below link

http://www.yupptv.in/#!/play/ETNow/A...w/pid/13741405
Thank you very much for the link.

Jeep Compass has everything and a bit more that would make it a run-away success. I just hope Jeep does not become over confident and position the Jeep at a Premium. I expect Jeep to undercut the Tucson by a fair margin.

I really loved the car. The only thing I would change are the small sized tyres. The small sized rims and the ordinary design don't match the rest of the car.

I would have preferred bigger rims like these, but with thicker side profiled tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-images.jpg  

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-052017jeepcompassla1.jpg  

Last edited by MAS : 4th June 2017 at 00:53.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 01:47   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Well the Compass for obvious reasons competes with the likes of Tuscon, Yeti and the new Tiguan. This is certainly not a Creta / Duster rival.
The speculations over the price is high because of several variants it's going to come with something it's chief competitors are devoid of. The Tuscan comes with only diesel in only 4x2 guise. The Yeti and Tiguan also only come in diesel trims. The Compass is going to come with petrol, diesel, 4x2, 4x4, manual, auto (Petrol DCT) variants which is the reason the speculative price is having such a big window of 17-25 lacs. So Compass's base model( Petrol 4x2 manual) might touch the Creta/Duster's top end but it's top trim(Fully loaded diesel manual 4x4/ Petrol DCT 4x4 ) will shake hands with the Tuscan / Tiguan.
Don't miss that all the cars mentioned: Creta, Yeti , Tucson and Tiguan... All of them are priced quite optimistically. In fact, just about every new car sold today, they are basically ripping us off. This is a bubble that will burst sooner or later. There is a huge opportunity for anyone who dares launch a genuine quality product priced on a cost+ basis. That's the key. Cost +, and not on image and perception basis.

If the Compass is anywhere near as good as what Shapur Kotwal is telling us, and if they manage to price it in the Creta-XUV-Hexa price band, it can kill all these UVs all well as overpriced sedans like City and Corolla Altis in one go. That the vehicle is heavily localized will help. Jeep/Fiat have a real shot at shaking up the market nice and proper, if they have the guts for it. Get it right, and this has the potential to sell 3000-5000 units every month.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 4th June 2017 at 01:50.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 07:39   #209
BHPian

Oooh! I love speculating. Let's do some more

The following data shows the volume game in the speculated price bracket for the Compass.

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-cmp.jpg

Tucson which is supposed to be the closest rival for the Compass has to settle with a few hundred units every month. If what Jeep says is true, that they really are focusing on volumes in the domestic market (500-1000) than export, they better price it damn too well, that would be IMO between the XUV 5OO and Tucson.

Of course, they can try other alternatives like leaving FCA and joining TKM Then I'm sure it would out-sell the Creta at even 30 lakhs!

Last edited by GKR9900 : 4th June 2017 at 07:42.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 11:57   #210
Team-BHP Support

The other most obvious that comes to mind is what if they had also added a 1.6MJD to the game! I am sure it would have set even more fear to the competition, as its equipped to handle the price game even better!
1.6 MJD, 320Nm, 118bhp is solid and enough to add the punch it needs.

Just thinking!

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2017 at 11:58.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks