Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2018, 09:49   #541

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Facelifted my Honda City Facelift. DIY using removable Rubber paint for the black and wrap bought from aliexpress for the red.
That one hint of red totally ups the look of the otherwise formal Honda City! Great job!
I own a white 2017 V model too. And I'm already searching for the red lipstick on Aliexpress!

Last edited by ampere : 4th February 2018 at 10:37. Reason: Formatted quoted post
krishnamarathe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 16:02   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Hello Sir,

If you don’t mind, may I know where you purchased your number plate and Mugen logo from?
I believe those are plates made by Movell. The font is Micro Gama (Euro).

Please check the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...es-movell.html

PS - I'm just trying to help you. I'm not related to Movell
Prodigy07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 10:44   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Sir,

Your car looks amazing after the facelift!!
Wanted to do something similiar to this on our modern steel City. Will the same wrap suit a modern steel City?

If you don’t mind, may I know where you purchased your number plate and Mugen logo from?
Thanks I think it should look good with modern steel as well. The total cost for this will not be more Rs 500. If you dont like it, you can just revert back.

Like Prodigy07 its from Movell for the number plates. Mugen logo was from aliexpress.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 17:06   #544
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks,

In a little dilemma now. Sold my 6 year old Rapid TDI and in search of a new car. Have shortlisted the new Verna SX Petrol and now the City. Deliberating whether to go in for the City AT since there are some 2017 cars at about 60-70K off, that still makes the AT about 2.5 lakhs more than the equivalent MT. Sure I do spend 2 hours everyday in Bangalore traffic, but just wanted feedback on the auto in the City. Is it a little jerky in bumper to bumper traffic conditions?

Secondly have any of you guys had a look at the Petrol Verna? Would you still say that the City is still THE Petrol executive sedan?

What works for the City is the legacy that it has built. Resale values of the City are very good when you compare petrol versions of Verna and other C segment sedans.

But I really enjoyed my drive in the Verna, it felt agile and quick. And also seemed well built.

In terms of Highway manners and high speed stability and Braking, which of these cars would be closer to the Rapid?

Any feedback would be welcome!
Old 8th February 2018, 17:20   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hey folks,

feedback on the auto in the City. Is it a little jerky in bumper to bumper traffic con
Not at all, this is a continuously variable transmission which uses a belt driven design. Shifts are seamless and one never notices the car shifting gears(except for when you look at the rpm meter). Absolutely no jerks are felt, in bumper to bumper conditions and out on the highway too.

Quote:
Hey folks,

Secondly have any of you guys had a look at the Petrol Verna? Would you still say that the City is still THE Petrol executive sedan?
In my opinion, certainly yes, the Honda City is the best petrol executive sedan in India.
Rear seat space is much more than the Verna and the petrol MT is extremely fun to drive. Where the City loses to the Verna is the build quality and the equipment. Not saying that the City is not equipped well, the Verna gets additional features like the ventilated seats and the hands-free smart trunk.

Quote:
In terms of Highway manners and high speed stability and Braking, which of these cars would be closer to the Rapid?
The City feels fairly stable at highway speeds and can cruise comfortably at triple-digit speeds. Quoting few lines from the official review on the Verna's High-speed stability:

Quote:
High speed stability is better than its predecessors. The Verna can cruise at triple digits all day long without any nervousness (no tank this, but stability is satisfactory). It feels planted enough and even slightly rough patches of road do not seem to affect its composure. In terms of handling, grip levels are healthy and the car can change direction very easily. This Verna is stiffer than its predecessors and body roll is adequately controlled. For a family sedan, its abilities are par for the course. Under hard cornering too, there is sufficient grip offered by the 195/55 R16 Hankook tyres. It is only on mid-corner bumps that the car can get unsettled (unlike some Europeans). Overall, the Verna's suspension does the job with no serious deal breaker. Where the previous-gen car was lovingly called a 'boat' by us, the 2017 Verna has sorted road manners (it's no Linea though).

Last edited by aah78 : 8th February 2018 at 17:53. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 8th February 2018, 17:34   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion, certainly yes, the Honda City is the best petrol executive sedan in India.

Rear seat space is much more than the Verna and the petrol MT is extremely fun to drive. Where the City loses to the Verna is the build quality and the equipment. Not saying that the City is not equipped well, the Verna gets additional features like the ventilated seats and the hands-free smart trunk.

Hey Prathiiik, thanks for your prompt replies, as always!!

Rear seat comfort is not of utmost importance since I will be driving most of the time and I have a small family, so my guess is that it is just 3 of us at best at any given point.

So the build quality, that is where my issue is with the City. Inconsistent panel gaps, moving panels and a lot of other issues had been reported by BHPians in a separate thread. In fact the City has consistently fallen off the JD survey, and seems to have more problems reported than the Vento actually.

So if it is build quality, highway stability and braking, would the New Verna edge the City?
Old 8th February 2018, 17:50   #547
BHPian

Quote:

So if it is build quality, highway stability and braking, would the New Verna edge the City?
Build Quality:

The 4th gen City's build quality is nothing to write home about. Inconsistent panel gaps can be seen throughout the car and the interiors too have minor rattles here and there. The Verna beats the City hands down in Build Quality with its strong build and nearly zero rattles in the cabin.

Highway Stability:

The City's high-speed stability is decent.The city doesn't feel very planted out on the highways owing to it's light build quality.The rear end gets bouncy and refuses to stay flat on uneven surfaces.

Braking:

Braking ability of the City is phenomenal. The car stops quickly in a straight line under sudden braking from highway speeds.

Quoting the official review regarding the Verna's braking:

Quote:
While braking performance is adequate for regular driving, spirited drivers will find it lacking. This is especially so in the AT variants where engine braking is limited. The pedal travels about an inch before the brakes start biting. The brakes do lack initial bite, but on applying more pressure, they do a fair job of stopping the car.
All the best with your purchase Sir.

Regards
Prathik

Last edited by Prathiiik : 8th February 2018 at 17:53.
Old 8th February 2018, 19:43   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Rear seat comfort is not of utmost importance since I will be driving most of the time and I have a small family, so my guess is that it is just 3 of us at best at any given point.

So the build quality, that is where my issue is with the City. Inconsistent panel gaps, moving panels and a lot of other issues had been reported by BHPians in a separate thread. In fact the City has consistently fallen off the JD survey, and seems to have more problems reported than the Vento actually.

Build quality, yes Verna does score there. But a light build quality does not mean unsafe. I have seen a few citys at the workshop which had head on collisions and the passenger cabin was intact, airbags deployed and according to the workshops guys no injuries reported.

High speed stability as I have seen has been very good. One reason maybe I upgraded to 195 section Michelins on the day of the purchase. I have taken the car upto speeds which cannot be mentioned here but shown on youtube and the car was very steady. Also panic braking from 140 kmph was spot on. No nervousness, in a straight line and I could save the dog.

If you are buying V variant, then please upgrade the tyres. As an overall package I still City has the edge thats to the engine, space and resale value. Also service costs seem pretty less. I get charged more for my Ritz.
Altocumulus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 20:10   #549

Making a choice between a City and Verna is same as choosing a healthy balanced meal or chocolate milk shake and desserts in that order. Both are good but a balanced diet is better in a longer term. I still believe City is a man and Verna a Boy !!!
shadab.upes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 01:43   #550

I am planning to but Honda City V MT in Bangalore. This question is mostly targeted to the Bangalore City owners. Could you please tell me how much fuel efficiency can I expect? I mostly drive on outer ring road during rush hours. At the same price I can also buy Ecosport Titanium Diesel. I understand that both vehicles are not directly comparable since the power trains and body type are different but in a way they can be compared since the price of both the vehicles are same. Certainly Ecosport diesel will be more economical but if the difference is not too much then I would prefer City. There is Rs 9 difference between diesel price and petrol price in my city (65, 74 respt). My daily drive is approximately 30KM on an average.
Old 12th February 2018, 10:48   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_d_Kool View Post
Folks,

I own new Honda City CVT 2017. Can you please help answer my queries below?

1. For CVT is it better to slot the gear to Neutral (N) while waiting on signals or should I keep it in D mode with my foot on break?

2. Do we always need to press the unlock button on CVT stick while changing gears or is it only when changing from R to N?

3. When I connect my mobile to HU via Bluetooth and make a call, he call is not audible until the person I'm calling picks up the call. I mean I can't hear phone ringing. Is it by design?

4. While driving it the sun is directly in front of me, I can see the windshield gets blurred and visibility is reduced. Is anyone else facing this?

TIA!
1. It is better to be in 'D' itself with foot on brake. Multiple advantages; In case of emergency you are ready to hit the gas. No significant advantage in fuel saving or break wear saving while in 'N'. Idle on 'D' is lower compared to that of the 'N. Its an automatic, enjoy its merits and forget shifting

2. That is to prevent damage to the transmission. For scenarios thats required, we will not be able to shift without pressing. For eg; between D-S etc while driving.

3. You should be able to hear the ringing also.

4. Sun glare is a problem for all cars, especially when directly opposite to the same. Adjust the sunshade to have your eyes off from the glare. Honda's dashboard is one of the least reflective ones in this aspect.
sarathlal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 08:16   #552
MCR
BHPian

Are there any discounts on the Honda City V variant with the CVT gearbox?

The reason, I ask is, both Hyundai and MSIL are offering discounts up to 30K for New Verna and the Ciaz respectively. So considering the drop in the shipments of the Honda City in January2018 and the discount offered by competitors, Honda would, I assume, not be far behind in offering discounts!
Old 19th February 2018, 14:33   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Are there any discounts on the Honda City V variant with the CVT gearbox?

The reason, I ask is, both Hyundai and MSIL are offering discounts up to 30K for New Verna and the Ciaz respectively. So considering the drop in the shipments of the Honda City in January2018 and the discount offered by competitors, Honda would, I assume, not be far behind in offering discounts!
I was going to the buy the City ZX CVT.But the dealer was only offering around 20k(cash discount including corporate bonus) and 10K worth of accessories.There was no free insurance for 2018 manufactured cars.The discount was quite low for a car that is more than 4 yrs old.

Hence I decided to back out and booked a Jeep Compass instead
joy_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 19:10   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
I was going to the buy the City ZX CVT.But the dealer was only offering around 20k(cash discount including corporate bonus) and 10K worth of accessories.There was no free insurance for 2018 manufactured cars.The discount was quite low for a car that is more than 4 yrs old.

Hence I decided to back out and booked a Jeep Compass instead
My colleague purchased a maroon City petrol top end version last week. Before buying, he tried to negotiate with couple of dealers in Bangalore but in vain.

It looks like Honda India management has guided the dealers to not undercut each other. The dealers expressed inability partially out of fear because of this heft fine imposed by Competition commission of India (CCI) on Hyundai, India.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/59150974.cms

In a way, this is not good news for us because it curtails our scope to negotiate as a customer.
Old 23rd February 2018, 16:33   #555
BHPian

I own a March2017 Honda City zx cvt
Are there any issues reported of faulty air bags and faulty digipad necessitating recall and reinstallation for this model? Just checking as I heard rumours

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks